• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You're both totally right by the way, I just didn't want to oversell it as being super fast. It's as effective as you can be solo right now I thinl.
This is correct; if you can't/don't want to form a GAF Fireteam right now, repeating Sepiks Perfected from the director is a great option. It's also reasonably faster (and even a bit of fun) if you do have a group.

JJShadow

Anyone down to run some heroic SIVA crisis strikes? I'm not looking to farm Omnigul or Septiks, just run 3 or 4 heroic strikes for fun, marks and hopefully fine loot

PSN is JJShadow77

MrDaravon

I can't fucking believe I cannot get TWO wins in a goddamn row in the Crucible for the fucking Iron book challenge. I keep getting on teams that are godtier and we steamroll the other team, so it kills the lobby afterwards then next match I'm on a shitty team lol.

Team Supremacy is pretty great though; it's hot garbage in Rumble but it's solid as a team game.

Edit: Is the Cryptic Dragon any good as a legendary scout rifle? I got one with so-so perks but it's base stats seem pretty good?

God this grind to 350 is awful. Everything is at, below, or one level higher when I decrypt it. I have a 350 class item and ghost, I'm just getting engrams and slowly going up. Is there something else I should be doing? I can't run the top strike playlist because I'm only 340ish.

MrDaravon

FWC faction package gave me another Wounded which rolled identical to my current one except it rolled Lightweight instead of Full Auto :/. Triple Tap/Firefly pls

Zakalwe

Banned
God this grind to 350 is awful. Everything is at, below, or one level higher when I decrypt it. I have a 350 class item and ghost, I'm just getting engrams and slowly going up. Is there something else I should be doing? I can't run the top strike playlist because I'm only 340ish.

Read the thread dude, there's tonnes of info on how to do this with as little pain as possible.

jet1911

screenshot-original6goe2.png

screenshot-originalniou2.png

8Hhgn9n.gif

Is it normal to have a player controlled(or maybe not?) ennemy?

Also I got a 349 Bad Juju from a blue engram. :eek:

nOoblet16

Any tips for the nightfall boss? I'm ready to cry.
One guy needs to distract the ogre but he needs to run around in a pattern and area that's away from the other two players as well as the boss. When it comes to the two players doing DPS they need to juggle his aggro as well as take turns DPSing him. So the guy doing the DPS gets the agro after a few seconds of damage, at this point the 2nd guy does DPS until he gets the agro...and so on. Juggling gaze like this makes sure that the boss never hits the 3rd guy distracting the ogre.

Some other tips for distracting the ogre, make sure your running oath is not in the middle of the room, this will lead to ogre aggroing on your DPSers if he comes in their line of fire. This can also at times lead to the distractI getting killed by the boss.

The shank phase is the most annoying one because you can't see the shanks until they are already shooting...one person can build a bubble at take out shanks while the other takes care of the boss and the 3rd is kiting the ogre.

nOoblet16

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Raid hype. It looks great.

Going to jump on for a few hours at 330-345. I'm probably just going to play missions, strikes, or Crucible as my LL is 329, but if anyone would like to join or have me join them, contact me on PSN. ID is in my profile.

Welp time for a bit of a break. I just accidentally deleted 41 Etheric Light I had saved for over a year. I wish Bungie would let you lock stuff on the inventory page.

:(

Vic_Viper

Anyone have a link to a video or a guide on how to get the Lostov Exotic quest line. Not sure if I have it or not but I don't have a white Kostov that I know of.

nOoblet16

So can the Omnigul farm only be done with a Warlock and Hunter? I only play my Titan....
Titan for weapons of light.
We ran two hunter and one titan first time around and one of each the 2nd time around. Both times we had 1 horn (it helps if she is running away especially), 1 raze lighter and 1 dark drinker....Killed her equally fast both times.

There is a way to trap her in a corner if you teather slightly behind her to her left and the attack her from her back right she will get pushed forwards and then a bit to the left...there is a corner there where you can trap her every single time away from cursed thralls and away from the view of wizards.

So uh, does Gaf have a clan I can join?

So DGAF doesn't really have A single clan. The first 2 years of Destiny's life, clans were just for vanity text on your name plate since they had no in-game functionality. Additionally they have a max of 100 members. Considering how we 260+ people in the discord, that's not going to work.

There is a DGAF PSN community, but none of the regulars use it. So feel free to make a clan, or find some other DGAFers you click with and join their's.

Who do I PM to get a discord invite again?

LbSRDAC.gif

Top Bottom