• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Hello DGAF, my buddy and I require 4 guardians with which to run WotM blind this Saturday morning. All we ask is that you are LL 360, have the required time to invest and are patient and like to laugh at funny wipes. We will be doing this run totally blind but are not adverse to seeking help if absolute frustration sets in.

Start time is flexible but earlyish would be ideal :)

1. deafmedal
2. Harlan
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Apply Today!

Harlan here. Just need to stress, 360 is the minimum, but like most raids, the higher the better. Don't just stop at 360. :p

Oh, if you'd like to join us, let us know what class you're running (ie: I'm running Warlock). Since we're going into this blind, it would probably be a good idea for there to be at least one of each class in the party. Not saying we NEED a Defender Titan, but since we have no idea what this raid is going to throw at us, its best to be prepared.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I've have my head in the sand grinding heroic strikes and haven't been following the discussion, the blue gear at the end caps at 365, correct? At that point it's on to faction packages and exotic engrams to get higher gear?

Not getting any drop over 365 wtf

Not sure if the blue gear caps at 365 for the Heroic Strikes, also, I believe everything caps at 365, and the only way to go past that (for now) are Exotic Engrams. At least, until we get the raid.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Ok, so I'm trying to build a raid team for tomorrow. I need 3 more.
Ideally you should be 355 but as long as you are atleast 350 it should be ok, provided not too many people in the team are around that since that would affect our DPS.

1) Nooblet
2) Frenden
3) Falifax
4)
5)
6)
Mee I'm 365

Not sure if the blue gear caps at 365 for the Heroic Strikes, also, I believe everything caps at 365, and the only way to go past that (for now) are Exotic Engrams. At least, until we get the raid.
A guy I played with was 372 lol.

I know a friend of mine leveled up the gun smith and his reward package was a 367 primary weapon.

Zakalwe

Banned
Harlan here. Just need to stress, 360 is the minimum, but like most raids, the higher the better. Don't just stop at 360. :p

Oh, if you'd like to join us, let us know what class you're running (ie: I'm running Warlock). Since we're going into this blind, it would probably be a good idea for there to be at least one of each class in the party. Not saying we NEED a Defender Titan, but since we have no idea what this raid is going to throw at us, its best to be prepared.

Defender Titan. :3

deafmedal

Hello DGAF, my buddy and I require 4 guardians with which to run WotM blind this Saturday morning. All we ask is that you are LL 360, have the required time to invest and are patient and like to laugh at funny wipes. We will be doing this run totally blind but are not adverse to seeking help if absolute frustration sets in.

Start time is flexible but earlyish would be ideal :)

1. deafmedal
2. Harlan
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Apply Today!

If I can get myself to 360 by then, I'll definitely join you.

Currently at 551, will be spending all this evening and tomorrow evening grinding away at it.
PSN? Are you on my FL? I am a doof😝

Hey, Im currently at 350 but I think that I'll be at 360 by Friday with my current progress, so count me in if I reach it.
ok!

I'll re-add you, could have sworn I had kept you on my FL but I'm not seeing you. When I took my ~10 month break from the game I purged most folks, I kept a few and I thought I had kept you on there because I specifically remember you being one of the folks that helped me out when I moved over to PS4 right before TTK came out :).

Go ahead and put me down for the Raid as well, I'm also EST so 8ish is a bit earlier than I'm usually up but not that bad, and we can grind out LL tomorrow. Worst case I can always bow out, but between today and tomorrow I have to imagine/hope I can hit 360.
ok!
Looks like 5, space for 1!

NeOak

Can you guys toss an upvote for me on Reddit over here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ad_some_of_you_are_enjoying_rise_of_iron_but/

I'm still unable to play Rise of Iron, and I'm trying to get some attention to my issue. My post on Destiny's help forum has gone unanswered so far.

Please tell me you have disabled the firewall in the AT&T modem and set it up in bridge mode.

Your nighthawk should be the only device doing routing and Wi-Fi.

Edit: Your PC is on the modem? Yeah, you're double NATting. I have U-verse and that is a big no-no. PM me on Discord during the night.

Edit 2: You also have that shitty Pace modem. Can you get U-verse 45 to get the Motorola NVG589? Waaay better modem.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Right, if you're at 340 that non-heroic playlist is a waste of time. Non-heroic strike playlists have never had any endgame value so it didn't actually occur to me you were talking about that one, sorry.

edit: and in my tired stupor I'm just remembering now that Wallach and I tried it last night and I can confirm everything drops only at 340, though you do get the Vanguard bonus for extra legendary engrams.

It's good for people who aren't at the bleeding edge like us. A lot of people are getting piecemeal upgrades from the 290-range to ~340 right now and then starting to progress from more of a leveled playing field.

As far as why the Director versions of the newer Strike bosses are dropping progression-worthy loot, it's perfectly reasonable to speculate that they shouldn't be and it will be patched. Alternatively, a generous way to look at it and warrant keeping the ~365 potential-blues is that it incentivizes matchmaking with lower-light players to ensure there director versions won't be empty.

But for anyone who cares about getting to 365 by raid zero-hour, the "why" isn't so important, the community found the path of least resistance and peeps have more than enough time to take advantage of it now.
Quoting for a new page

X-Frame

Is the best way to get Ghosts and Artifacts CoE and CoO, respectively?

Still rocking a 350 Ghost and Artifact despite everything else going up.

FUCK the Shanks in the Nightfall

Haha, last night I was doing heroic strikes, got that new strike. My group was mulling about the possibility of attempting the Nightfall (we had just hit 350), and before those shanks were melting me I actually wanted to try it.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I know it will be slower than an omnigul farm but I don't have any real time to play this week and Heroic strikes (at LL351) were just taking too long for quick play sessions.

At least Sepiks goes pretty fast and I get chances at exotics.

Couple strikes a day will inch me to 365.

I ran it for 1.5-2 hours last night and went up 5 LL, so your mileage may vary.

You're both totally right by the way, I just didn't want to oversell it as being super fast. It's as effective as you can be solo right now I thinl.

Ambitious

Ok, so I'm trying to build a raid team for tomorrow. I need 3 more.
Ideally you should be 355 but as long as you are atleast 350 it should be ok, provided not too many people in the team are around that since that would affect our DPS.

1) Nooblet
2) Frenden
3) Falifax
4)
5)
6)

Still got room? When exactly do you want to run it?
I'm 354 at the moment.

Looking for raid group to join for tomorrow on Xbox One at launch...

Current LL on Hunter and Titan is 365 and 363 respectively.

Multiple builds for different classes and strong weapons across the board concerning primaries, special, and heavies, and solar, arc, and void for each regarding the latter two with the exception of a 365 Zhalo has a primary as well if the situation calls for it.

GT: MythicReclaimer

For those that are almost LL 350, what's the best way to hit that mark so that they can start grinding the non-heroic strikes?

I'm running low on marks, so I can't buy my way to 350. Is it the heroic strike playlist?

Vic_Viper

For those that are almost LL 350, what's the best way to hit that mark so that they can start grinding the non-heroic strikes?

I'm running low on marks, so I can't buy my way to 350. Is it the heroic strike playlist?

I'm also wondering the same thing. I shouldn't have infused a lot of stuff I did but oh well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just want to bring everyone up to speed here because I know a lot of you are crunch-grinding. As far as I can tell, here are your options for getting to 365, and even past that from some of them, once you are closing in on 350:

tip: You are going to be completely overloaded with engrams from any of this- clear out your postmaster before adventuring.

Omnigul Farm - 320 from the Director

Enter with a fireteam and kill Omnigul when you get to the hallway where she briefly appears for a chance at a couple of blue drops, then suicide and repeat.

You need some combination of high DPS to pull this off reliably. I've seen suggested: two tethers and Raze Lighters, 1 tether, 1 celestial nighthawk, and Raze Lighers, tethers and Sleepers, Two tethers, WoL, + Gjallys/Sleeper. Whatever you can do to make it work consistently with your fireteam I guess.

This is the fastest route to strict Light increase for the moment and while boring and not conferring any other benefits, if you really just want to maximize your time to be raid-ready for moment one, do this.

Omnigul Farm - 350 from the Heroic SIVA Playlist

Same deal, do SIVA strikes or Orbit/Reenter until you get Omnigul, kill Omnigul when you get to the hallway where she briefly appears for a chance at a couple of blue drops, then suicide and repeat.

The benefit here is that you can take advantage of the Arc Burn to spike her down which may be easier for some groups. I've heard Stormcallers/Boltcasters can kill her quite reliably. The rest of the strike will be tougher and you have to RNG to get to it in the first place, but once you're on the farm it may be a quicker kill cycle than above. Since you aren't completing the Strike for the other playlist benefits, for the most part the 320 version is just a better bet.

Sepiks Perfected Farm - 320 from the Director

Simply do this full strike and repeat. Enjoy the kickass boss fight tune.

Sepiks coughs up a bunch of loot which can be LL upgrades on death. It's a fairly quick and easy strike, and you can use Three of Coins on Sepiks (unlike Omnigul).

Additional benefits since almost all the enemies in the entire strike are Splicer Fallen: SIVA offerings for Archon's Forge, Splicer Keys. Downsides compared to Omnigul in raw speed, and no Vanguard Rep/skeleton key chance/bonus legendary engrams compared to the Heroic SIVA playlist.

Challenge of the Elders

This isn't exactly a farm, but Variks' rewards for completing an Elder Sigil will be light upgrades for you up to 365. The content is still at 320 (no difficulty increase), and you can do one sigil per character per week. You'll get one weapon and one armor piece from the completed sigil as LL upgrades, up to 365.

You can use Three of Coins on the bosses in here as well.

The way to get your most bang for your buck here is to do your sigil when your character is as close to 365 as you feel you can get otherwise, rather than earlier on- since you'll get potentially decent, legendary gear from Variks and it's a one-shot of higher light. Blues dropping on your main/first leveled-character can very rapidly get your alts up to around the same level, so bear this in mind too. Variks House of Judgment package rank ups can yield even higher-light gear as well.

Heroic SIVA Crisis Strikes

Simply grind strikes in this playlist. For this week your best friend will be a high light Zhalo Supercell since it's Arc Burn.

Blues that drop from bosses can be LL increases, vanguard rep especially with a booster, decent chance of legendary engram drops, skeleton key chance, Three of Coins on the bosses. This is rather tough and not worth the time unless you're overleveled already (past 350) with randoms. With a coordinating group and good loadouts (I also love Bolt-Caster) it's the most fun though.

If you're not trying to maximize your raw Light-per-minute (i.e. to become raid-ready at minute one) and can get a GAF group, I recommend this as the other associated rewards are solid and it's not as mind-numbingly boring as the purely repetitive ones.

--

Finally, I urge you to try to bear in mind that rushing to be 360+ in time for the raid tomorrow is for psychos and you should not feel you're doing anything wrong or being "left behind" if you don't manage to get there or don't feel like getting there. The raid itself is likely to be a primary source of Light progression and we don't know how viable it is to get what loot checkpoints at what Light level at all yet- the full picture will be clearer after this weekend.

As with all previous I will be running Weekly Newbie Raids that'll include Wrath of the Machine as soon as I feel comfortable enough with it to lead- so don't feel like right now right now right now is your only chance.

For this page.

Also note that it's very much worth doing:
A public event per character per day (45 marks and 3 legendary engrams)
Daily and Weekly Crucible
Daily Story
3 Weekly SIVA Crisis Heroic Strikes
Court of Oryx to use up any stored runes for Eris Morn rep (rank up packages can have higher LL artifacts and class items)

For marks to fill in any slots where you have <350LL Gear.

Hzoltan69

Looking for a raid group for tomorrow or Saturday. Ideally starting sometime after 4PM EST/9PM CET.
Currently 357, planning to be around 365 by then.

Top Bottom