• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got the exact roll I wanted.

RTV1WQN.png

lt519

What's the end light level of the raid going to be? Any guesses? Wasn't KF recommended 280 and ended at 300?

Wonder if this'll end at 280. If it does I hope they don't keep the +1/2 LL increases and allow drops anywhere from 260 to 280.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just want to bring everyone up to speed here because I know a lot of you are crunch-grinding. As far as I can tell, here are your options for getting to 365, and even past that from some of them, once you are closing in on 350:

tip: You are going to be completely overloaded with engrams from any of this- clear out your postmaster before adventuring.

Omnigul Farm - 320 from the Director

Enter with a fireteam and kill Omnigul when you get to the hallway where she briefly appears for a chance at a couple of blue drops, then suicide and repeat.

You need some combination of high DPS to pull this off reliably. I've seen suggested: two tethers and Raze Lighters, 1 tether, 1 celestial nighthawk, and Raze Lighers, tethers and Sleepers, Two tethers, WoL, + Gjallys/Sleeper. Whatever you can do to make it work consistently with your fireteam I guess.

This is the fastest route to strict Light increase for the moment and while boring and not conferring any other benefits, if you really just want to maximize your time to be raid-ready for moment one, do this.

Omnigul Farm - 350 from the Heroic SIVA Playlist

Same deal, do SIVA strikes or Orbit/Reenter until you get Omnigul, kill Omnigul when you get to the hallway where she briefly appears for a chance at a couple of blue drops, then suicide and repeat.

The benefit here is that you can take advantage of the Arc Burn to spike her down which may be easier for some groups. I've heard Stormcallers/Boltcasters can kill her quite reliably. The rest of the strike will be tougher and you have to RNG to get to it in the first place, but once you're on the farm it may be a quicker kill cycle than above. Since you aren't completing the Strike for the other playlist benefits, for the most part the 320 version is just a better bet.

Sepiks Perfected Farm - 320 from the Director

Simply do this full strike and repeat. Enjoy the kickass boss fight tune.

Sepiks coughs up a bunch of loot which can be LL upgrades on death. It's a fairly quick and easy strike, and you can use Three of Coins on Sepiks (unlike Omnigul).

Additional benefits since almost all the enemies in the entire strike are Splicer Fallen: SIVA offerings for Archon's Forge, Splicer Keys. Downsides compared to Omnigul in raw speed, and no Vanguard Rep/skeleton key chance/bonus legendary engrams compared to the Heroic SIVA playlist.

Challenge of the Elders

This isn't exactly a farm, but Variks' rewards for completing an Elder Sigil will be light upgrades for you up to 365. The content is still at 320 (no difficulty increase), and you can do one sigil per character per week. You'll get one weapon and one armor piece from the completed sigil as LL upgrades, up to 365.

You can use Three of Coins on the bosses in here as well.

The way to get your most bang for your buck here is to do your sigil when your character is as close to 365 as you feel you can get otherwise, rather than earlier on- since you'll get potentially decent, legendary gear from Variks and it's a one-shot of higher light. Blues dropping on your main/first leveled-character can very rapidly get your alts up to around the same level, so bear this in mind too. Variks House of Judgment package rank ups can yield even higher-light gear as well.

Heroic SIVA Crisis Strikes

Simply grind strikes in this playlist. For this week your best friend will be a high light Zhalo Supercell since it's Arc Burn.

Blues that drop from bosses can be LL increases, vanguard rep especially with a booster, decent chance of legendary engram drops, skeleton key chance, Three of Coins on the bosses. This is rather tough and not worth the time unless you're overleveled already (past 350) with randoms. With a coordinating group and good loadouts (I also love Bolt-Caster) it's the most fun though.

If you're not trying to maximize your raw Light-per-minute (i.e. to become raid-ready at minute one) and can get a GAF group, I recommend this as the other associated rewards are solid and it's not as mind-numbingly boring as the purely repetitive ones.

--

Finally, I urge you to try to bear in mind that rushing to be 360+ in time for the raid tomorrow is for psychos and you should not feel you're doing anything wrong or being "left behind" if you don't manage to get there or don't feel like getting there. The raid itself is likely to be a primary source of Light progression and we don't know how viable it is to get what loot checkpoints at what Light level at all yet- the full picture will be clearer after this weekend.

As with all previous I will be running Weekly Newbie Raids that'll include Wrath of the Machine as soon as I feel comfortable enough with it to lead- so don't feel like right now right now right now is your only chance.
Also note that it's very much worth doing:
A public event per character per day (45 marks and 3 legendary engrams)
Daily and Weekly Crucible
Daily Story
3 Weekly SIVA Crisis Heroic Strikes
Court of Oryx to use up any stored runes for Eris Morn rep (rank up packages can have higher LL artifacts and class items)

For marks to fill in any slots where you have <350LL Gear.

For new page

nOoblet16

What's the end light level of the raid going to be? Any guesses? Wasn't KF recommended 280 and ended at 300?

Wonder if this'll end at 280. If it does I hope they don't keep the +1/2 LL increases and allow drops anywhere from 260 to 280.
Kings fall was 290.
Warpriest was 290, golgy was 300, Oryx was 310.
All of these could be tackled even if you were 10-15 LL below. Oryx was the toughest with under 300 as he needed to be staggered...but if everyone took a shot at him he would go down easily.

This one is probably going to be the same.

lt519

In case you didn't know the stats are static.

PS: no jokes Chucker

Oh wow really? That's lame.

Kings fall was 290.
Warpriest was 290, golgy was 300, Oryx was 310.
All of these could be tackled even if you were 10-15 LL below. Oryx was the toughest with under 300 as he needed to be staggered...but if everyone took a shot at him he would go down easily.

This one is probably going to be the same.

Ah yeah that sounds right. We did it with a few guys 10-15 LL below the whole time, chasing as they upgraded gear from drops. I just hope loot has a min drop of 365 or something so people can level along with the raid and not have to stop when an encounter jumps by 10 LL.

JTripper

Any Hunter or Warlock want to join me and my friend to try and farm 320 Omnigul around 10:30pm EST tonight? We're both titans so we'd like to try it with someone of a different class to tether, WoL, etc. We both have Gallys btw for DPS.

So does anyone still run the old raids? Do they even matter anymore with the new expansions out? I want to start raiding but also want to try out the content I never played. Always hated other MMOs where old raids were neglected and never ran after a while, so that content just dried up

hoggert

Getting ready for the ready versus saying fuck it instead and doing the Gwent stress test. Difficult life decisions for tomorrow because there is no both,

123rl

I just got the Khvostov and that was a great little quest, topped off with a brilliant final level. ROI feels like a "Greatest Hits" -and it's really going for the nostalgia vibe. This level is the ultimate realisation of that so far. I loved the ending

ROI is definitely quality over quantity. The final gjallahorn level was fun as hell, so was this one, and a few of the main story missions felt like a lot of fun too.

WipedOut

Oh wow really? That's lame.

Ah yeah that sounds right. We did it with a few guys 10-15 LL below the whole time, chasing as they upgraded gear from drops. I just hope loot has a min drop of 365 or something so people can level along with the raid and not have to stop when an encounter jumps by 10 LL.
Yep

IMG_20160922_023021.jpg

I haven't played Destiny since launch but I've been having an itch to get back into it, but a few things are holding me back. None of my friends who I used to play with still play, and I definitely don't have the time to put in like I did back then. So I would be playing more casually and mostly solo/with randoms. Would it still be worth it? Also, since I'm so behind, could I just get the Taken King for now and then Rise of Iron after I finished all the TK stuff or would I be missing out on a lot now that RoI is out and probably all of the current events would require that.

Edit: also, am I going to be completely overwhelmed with the amount of new content since I'm so far behind and just totally lost?

Anybody?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So does anyone still run the old raids? Do they even matter anymore with the new expansions out? I want to start raiding but also want to try out the content I never played. Always hated other MMOs where old raids were neglected and never ran after a while, so that content just dried up
This week (and possibly next) excepted, I run a weekly rotation of the old raids for newbies to join. If you are interested watch out for signup links in this thread.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry I'm not 100% clear if this is what you're asking or not but now is a fine time to jump in and I would indeed recommend getting RoI. In theory you could wait until after completing the TTK story to buy RoI but there are a few things that would help you out simultaneously if you had it. As far as solo/randoms go, any reason you wouldn't want to play with people from DGAF here?

Izuna

Banned
Guys I kinda didn't get this but I was 335 light with literally everything by the end of TTK (just no Crucible quests for the Triumph, oh well)

---

I'm wondering if this analysis is correct:

Destiny RoI so far:
- 3 hour story
- level up to 365 (cap until raid) by doing Year 1 strike on easy mode
- shops literally sell the best rolls for each gun...

So tomorrow, Raid comes out (which will make everything else pointless for levelling, including Nightfalls) and all new Exotics come in special, guaranteed quests like in TTK (so no farming whatsoever if you're caught up).

Next week RoI will be...
Raid on Reset + PvP (optional for PvP stuff) to progress

Until Hard Raid... which will be...
Hard Raid on Reset... (where PvP is completely optional now)

and in between, 2 or 3 times an exotic quest will come out... and that's Destiny until Destiny 2.

If so, I could jump into this game around in a month or two and basically catch up to just play Raid content?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Woohoo!

365 Warlock
364 Titan
364 Hunter

Just need 1 365 class armor for Titan and 1 class armor & 1 artifact for Hunter

Have all Left Side Weapons + Ghost to 365, so just swapping them from class to class

I think I'm ready for the Raid for all 3 classes come tomorrow hopefully

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I was about to exchange them for Queen's Rep to see if her reward packages dropped at 365+. I heard Goth and Broman talking about it on their stream this morning (not sure if it works or not).
Oh let me check that out right now.

Edit : yup got higher than 365 gloves.

Deku Tree

Woohoo!

365 Warlock
364 Titan
364 Hunter

Just need 1 365 class armor for Titan and 1 class armor & 1 artifact for Hunter

Have all Left Side Weapons + Ghost to 365, so just swapping them from class to class

I think I'm ready for the Raid for all 3 classes come tomorrow hopefully

The story artifact can be swapped between characters so you can use that one on your hunter

I can be 364 Warlock, Hunter, Titan. And I have only played on my Warlock so far... that omnigul farm omg.

Still missing a 365 heavy though. Other than that I could take all three to 365.

xRaizen

Just got a Keystone 01 from DO package with these rolls: Armor Piercing Rounds and Full Auto on the same column, Hammer Forged and Outlaw on the next column, and Crowd Control as the last perk.

Is this any good or should I stick with my vendor Angel's Advocate (Vanguard Scout Rifle)?

Top Bottom