• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny's Playstation exclusives are only timed?

That's normally how it works. Off topic but, the X1 subreddit is a scary place. I've ventured there before and it's full of so many irrational posters

Because, and I'm not kidding here, they feel persecuted. They think GAF is out to get MS and that it's just of full of Sony fanboys with an agenda, that agenda being the destruction if MS.

No offense, there's plenty of Sony console warriors on gaf who constantly flood multiconsole game threads.

I'm all up for logical talk about what XB1 resolution lacks compared to PS4, but it's gotten to the point when I constantly see comments such as "PS4 is better, so _____ is better on PS4" or "why would you get _____ on XB1 and when PS4 is better".

I think Xbox got bashed because it deserved it last year.

But I don't care if you have an Xbox. I'm glad you like it and I most people seem fine with it here.

Frankly console wars are stupid as hell, I have a PS3 sitting next to my Xbox One and I practically play it more because there's a ton of great titles on it. Then I have my PC for RTS, Strategy and High Fidelity RPG's and MMO's. Though I won't derail this thread. My 360 was stolen lol.

atpbx

And such was this ground breaking news that the assembled host did fall to their knees and dash their faces into the ground and much wailing and gnashing of teeth was heard.

Those that tried to stand in the wake of the news were frozen as stone and blasted into many pieces, such was the magnitude of the news.

Such was the sound of the news that the ice giants were woken from their slumber beneath the icy poles of the earth as if the call of the apocalypse had been heard.

Etc.

No offense, there's plenty of Sony console warriors on gaf who constantly flood multiconsole game threads.

I'm all up for logical talk about what XB1 resolution lacks compared to PS4, but it's gotten to the point when I constantly see comments such as "PS4 is better, so _____ is better on PS4" or "why would you get _____ on XB1 and when PS4 is better".

There's plenty of console warriors for everything. In fact, there's ______ warriors for almost every topic. That's just the nature of forums. Acting as if you're being persecuted isn't the correct reaction.

Is there more bias towards the PS4? Of course, but that's probabky because it's selling significantly better which means more PS4 owners which leads to more PS4 centric discussion at times. It also probably doesn't help that a lot of people are still angry and still lack trust in MS, and you can't blame them for that. There's good reason for that mistrust

Remember last gen when the 360 was the main console and discussions seemed to center on that? It's the same thing

Frankly console wars are stupid as hell, I have a PS3 sitting next to my Xbox One and I practically play it more because there's a ton of great titles on it. Then I have my PC for RTS, Strategy and High Fidelity RPG's. Though I won't derail this thread. My 360 was stolen lol.

Agree. That's my point. Most of the Xbox bashing last year wasn't about the console wars. It was about anti-consumer friendly policies. Some people turned that into "they hate us because the console wars" talk. And some people used it as a talking point to fuel the console wars. Those were the minorities though IMO.

That's not to say there aren't people participating in them. But GAF isn't generally a place I've found to be engaging in the console wars very much.

You obviously haven't been over there lol, the reason it's such a popular hub for xbox one fans is because GAF shits on xbox no matter the news and is genuinely hostile to anyone who's a supporter. These forums are an abusive place to be if you like the xbox one(either that or you have balls like me and don't gaf about the drama).

Well, this isn't really a surprise to me.

Not talking about you per se.

Or maybe you can just make conversation like a normal level headed person and stop taking everything to heart as if your system of choice is your close relative. It's a damn game system, and if you feel some deep type of way because it's being talked about in which would be conceived to you as negative but in reality just different opinions that you can either engage, ignore or acknowledge, that is your problem. Most people don't shit on the Xbox, that would require to be irrational and people get banned for stuff like that. People just say their opinions and you either like it or you don't.

And btw, who like talking to people who agree with everything thing they like? That's super boring. I'm down for meaningful debate. It keeps me sane. Either way Gaf is a really good place for discussion and I think some people take things way to serious which causes them to seek solace elsewhere which.. Well, becomes a subreddit.

However on topic..... Isn't this quite normal though? I've never actually seen a company put it in actual asterisks but wow, that new to me. At least it's kind of honest in a sense. It's there. It could be a little deceptive since it's fine print but then again, since it's coming to playstation first for free with your preorder, it sounds like it's exactly that. For other platforms however, maybe it's add on dlc that they would have to pay for once exclusivity ends?

My points exactly gentlemen.

"GAF shits on XB1" = an inaccurate generalization. There are plenty of XB1 owners and official community topics of XB1 exclusives that are never "shat on". Seriously, go look at them right now and count on their last two pages how much posting was console warz bullshit.

Doubling down on the people calling out your generalizations doesn't prove your point, it only proves theirs.

Not talking about you per se.

Or maybe you can just make conversation like a normal level headed person and stop taking everything to heart as if your system of choice is your close relative. It's a damn game system, and if you feel some deep type of way because it's being talked about in which would be conceived to you as negative but in reality just different opinions that you can either engage, ignore or acknowledge, that is your problem. Most people don't shit on the Xbox, that would require to be irrational and people get banned for stuff like that. People just say their opinions and you either like it or you don't.

And btw, who like talking to people who agree with everything thing they like? That's super boring. I'm down for meaningful debate. It keeps me sane. Either way Gaf is a really good place for discussion and I think some people take things way to serious which causes them to seek solace elsewhere which.. Well, becomes a subreddit.

However on topic..... Isn't this quite normal though? I've never actually seen a company put it in actual asterisks but wow, that new to me. At least it's kind of honest in a sense. It's there. It could be a little deceptive since it's fine print but then again, since it's coming to playstation first for free with your preorder, it sounds like it's exactly that. For other platforms however, maybe it's add on dlc that they would have to pay for once exclusivity ends?
I think my other post highlights my position better.

The Exclusivity even if timed actually means that's when I'll get my PS4 since it's the white bundle and looks sexy as hell.

You obviously haven't been over there lol, the reason it's such a popular hub for xbox one fans is because GAF shits on xbox no matter the news and is genuinely hostile to anyone who's a supporter. These forums are an abusive place to be if you like the xbox one(either that or you have balls like me and don't gaf about the drama).

Let's not overly generalize a forum of over 100K members.

Yoday

Really? I have seen more and more positivity on the XB1 in the last few months as they have been making changes. There will always be the graphics debate bashing on the XB1 for obvious reasons, but I think people are a lot more positive on the overall platform now. Hell, at this point I am seeing more negativity in threads about Sony games than threads about MS games

Let's not overly generalize a forum of over 100K members.

Really? I have seen more and more positivity on the XB1 in the last few months as they have been making changes. There will always be the graphics debate bashing on the XB1 for obvious reasons, but I think people are a lot more positive on the overall platform now. Hell, at this point I am seeing more negativity in threads about Sony games than threads about MS games

I'll let you guys read my other comments first.

That's good to know since I have this pre-ordered for X1. I wonder how long the exclusivity is for though.

That's usually how these things work...

Not always. For example, I don't think the Joker Challenge stuff in Arkham City (where you play as the Joker) ever came to 360.

Are you saying this is the mindset of people over there or are you claiming this to be true?

Yup, SO for example is getting a lot of positive comments and that's an Xbox game. The Halo collection is also getting a lot of love.

The "hate" for MS will die down as times goes by and they continue doing good things. They'll eventually recover some of the trust they lost but it'll be a long process.

213372bu

Banned
If saying ___ performs better on Ps4, so I'll get it on PS4 is offensive to you, I don't even.

Coming from a person who has owned most consoles/portables for the last 3.5 gens, and at least one console from each console holder, I can tell you that I personally hold no bias against those individuals.

So no I don't hate XboxGAF, nor do I think most of GAF does.

There's plenty of console warriors for everything. In fact, there's ______ warriors for almost every topic. That's just the nature of forums. Acting as if you're being persecuted isn't the correct reaction.

Is there more bias towards the PS4? Of course, but that's probabky because it's selling significantly better which means more PS4 owners which leads to more PS4 centric discussion at times.

Remember last gen when the 360 was the main console and discussions seemed to center on that? It's the same thing

Great point. I'm just a lil annoyed by the derailment of discussion in multi console game threads lately with "PS4 > XB1" comments and discussion. For god sakes, it couldn't escape the recent Type-0 thread nor the thread about XB1 bump in resolution for Destiny. But I guess I should always expect lol.

Jomjom

Banned
If saying ___ performs better on Ps4, so I'll get it on PS4 is offensive to you, I don't even.

Coming from a person who has owned most consoles/portables for the last 3.5 gens, and at least one console from each console holder, I can tell you that I personally hold no bias against those individuals.

So no I don't hate XboxGAF, nor do I think most of GAF does.

Just ignore people who find that offensive. Saying that is just as valid as I'm playing on _____ because my friends are all on there. Some people prefer performance and graphics, others prefer being on the console where their friends are.

Great point. I'm just a lil annoyed by the derailment of discussion in multi console game threads lately with "PS4 > XB1" comments and discussion. For god sakes, it couldn't escape the recent Type-0 thread nor the thread about XB1 bump in resolution for Destiny. But I guess I should always expect lol.

I feel the same about the constant "60 FPS or nothing" discussion that seems to plague most games nowadays, as well as general negativity towards cinematic games but that's just the way it is in a forum of thousands with differing opinions. At the very least it keeps things interesting, the key is to just not pay attention to those who are just trolling.

I want to see the sales of this game, will the Halo fans care?, I expect this to sell like Halo games

I think the game is going to be absolutely huge on all platforms.

see5harp

I feel the same about the constant "60 FPS or nothing" discussion that seems to plague most games nowadays, as well as general negativity towards cinematic games but that's just the way it is in a forum of thousands with differing opinions. At the very least it keeps things interesting, the key is to just not pay attention to those who are just trolling.

All of this advice about how to deal with trolls and console fanboys is really quite rich.

BokehKing

Banned
wasn't it microsoft that use to gloat about the gta dlc being exclusive?
Yeah pretty much, people this Gen don't like the shoe on the other foot
Just like we didn't like it when Microsoft would get all the goodies last Gen. It's normal human reaction. I would say it feels good that things are swinging our way for a change though.

Cels

It was an april fools thing.

ah, quick googling gets me this:

OgcwF3s.png

Akai__

Both are. Did you not watch MS conference with the constant "___ DLC first on Xbox"?

Unfortunately, that just seems to be the nature of things nowadays

Jep and I really don't know, why 3rd party studios are doing this shit. They only piss off their fans...

My personal favorite was Microsoft saying "Fallout 3 DLC is exclusive" the day before the PS3 DLC was announced.

I'm always dubious about exclusivity of anything that isn't IP-owned by the console owner (Master Chief or Link or Sackboy appearing in a 3rd party game). Anything else is always game to transfer, one way or another.

i'm imagining them chuckling to themselves after hitting Post just before sipping from their "it was on Reddit first" coffee mug.

edit: the only time you should truly believe content is exclusive is when it would need to be licensed by the platform holder it's exclusive to. ie: you won't see the TLOU DLC in Diablo 3 UE on the Xbone version, because Sony- being the ip owner, would never allow it.

N.Domixis

Banned

If xbox fans would stop saying the gap was closing then maybe ps fans would stop mentioning it.

The only two type of xbox fans that annoy me are the ones that say the gap is closing and the ones that think that no matter what sony does, MS will somehow still take America.

Both are. Did you not watch MS conference with the constant "___ DLC first on Xbox"?

Unfortunately, that just seems to be the nature of things nowadays

It's the natural evolution of things. Two generations ago, that exclusivity would have been the whole game, but the budget realities of today makes that extremely less sustainable and rare. Personally I'd rather have some more or less insignificant content locked away as a timed exclusive than have a whole game locked away on another platform.

USC-fan

Banned
Just thought the strike mission was exclusive and the alpha.

BTW just got into the alpha. Best e3 ever.... got into both BFh and Destiny! Woot.

Gestault

Most of Reddit as a whole hates us, including Nintendo and Sony.

It's not exclusive, but they like actively hate us.

Can I just raise the question:

If a generalization of NeoGAF itself is a bannable offense, why should generalized, escalatory drivel like this be any different? NeoGAF isn't one person, why is any other discussion board any different?

Zornack

This makes me happy. Most console exclusive stuff is usually shit. If they're developing this content with all platforms in mind then hopefully it'll end up being good.

Top Bottom