• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny's Playstation exclusives are only timed?

How is it shady? They said that it's coming to PS4, what should they have said instead?

They did the same thing with Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3. Hell they're doing it with No Mans Sky. There are some people that think all 4 of those games are exclusive.

Its not Sonys concern to state which consoles the game is coming to but its still disingenuous.

They did the same thing with Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3. Hell they're doing it with No Mans Sky. There are some people that think all 4 of those games are exclusive.

Its not Sonys concern to state which consoles the game is coming to but its still disingenuous.

So did Microsoft say that Ori and Inside were coming to PC? Nope. Hell at least they didn't say MGS V will be exclusive to Xbox One on Twitter last year. Now that's disingenuous.

Sundown

Banned
They're crazy salty over there about Destiny. It's pretty funny

They're also "salty" over Watch Dogs, and Far Cry, and Batman, and Assassin's Creed (until now, even though some still are since Xbox isn't getting additional content w/ Unity). GTA V will probably ship with exclusive content for PS4 as well, so they'll be salty over that.

I hate all exclusive content deals. It's the absolute worst when retailers get involved. Really grinds my gears. Sony is definitely the worst offender when it comes to this, and I think that's remarkable, because you'd expect Microsoft to be more scummy about it and they usually only land timed exclusivity (I can recall a franchise with permanently exclusive content for Xbox).

But I'm glad you enjoy gamers that game on a different platform than you to be "salty" because you get additional content on the platform you play.

edit; I just remembered The Division has exclusive content on XB1. Yay for shitty business practices!

I think that's too harsh an outlook.

To me, what's disingenuous is when Sony/MS buys the right to not allow the publisher to acknowledge the other release platforms for a period of time, like Call of Duty and Diablo 3.

Sundown

Banned
I think that's too harsh an outlook.

To me, what's disingenuous is when Sony/MS buys the right to not allow the publisher to acknowledge the other release platforms for a period of time, like Call of Duty and Diablo 3.

I'd rather be able to play a game or content of a game later than never.

HoodWinked

timed is better than forever exclusive so thats nice.

could be that fall 2015s significance isnt so much an xbox thing but when they may release a PC version along side a GOTY xb1/ps4 edition with all the said content.

ya i'll put my flag down as a prediction.

leobebes

Banned
"Hi, I'm Andrew House, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment and I'm pleased to announce that GTA V will be coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC"

Looks wrong doesn't it.

Well, see, that's the thing.

Most of us who come on here and other sites and follow gaming news religiously, can read between the lines of corporate speak and assume what is exclusive and what is not accurately. But when it comes to the general consumer, there are certain little tricks (if that's what you want to call them?) these execs or PR people say that easily fool thousands of low-info consumers into thinking certain games or content are exclusive, when in fact they are not.

Sony seems to be doing very well in that area with the PS4 this gen. They know they have a great card to start this gen, so they're playing it to the best of their abilities at the moment, as any company looking for dominance should.

Kssio_Aug

So every exclusive content on PS4 will be avaiable on Xbox One later?
If so, thats great to hear, I never liked that "exclusive content" thing. Im completely in favour of a game being completely exclusive (actually I think consoles need and should have it) but exclusive content is just a sad thing, you kind feel youre not doing a good deal just buying it at your favorite platform if thats not the one with it. Kinda feel somewhat unfair or incomplete to me.

I don't quite follow... what did they "do"? What was the wording you felt was disingenuous?

As far as I can tell; they simply didn't announce themselves which other platforms these games will be on... which is not their concern.

Can I just raise the question:

If a generalization of NeoGAF itself is a bannable offense, why should generalized, escalatory drivel like this be any different? NeoGAF isn't one person, why is any other discussion board any different?

It wasn't a generalization. He said most and I'd say that the consensus on the gaming end of Reddit is negative towards GAF. Not a controversial opinion to register, really.

RdN

So did Microsoft say that Ori and Inside were coming to PC? Nope. Hell at least they didn't say MGS V will be exclusive to Xbox One on Twitter last year. Now that's disingenuous.

It's a completely different thing from launching on PC and launching on a competing platform.

Major Nelson corrected himself in a matter of seconds in the MGS V case.

Point me an example where Microsoft demoed a multi-platform game and mentioned that it's also coming to a Sony platform and I'll start to take seriously the claim that Sony is being shady for not doing the reverse.

Did I miss the discussion during Microsoft's conference about Dragon Age: Inquisition or Assassin's Creed: Unity on the PS4?

IGN actually highlighted Metal Gear Solid: Rising as 360 exclusive during that year's E3. Memorable because they did so with the words "Suck it up Sony fanboys: MGS:R is exclusive"

Point me an example where Microsoft demoed a multi-platform game and mentioned that it's also coming to a Sony platform and I'll start to take seriously the claim that Sony is being shady for not doing the reverse.

Did I miss the discussion during Microsoft's conference about Dragon Age: Inquisition or Assassin's Creed: Unity on the PS4?

IGN actually highlighted Metal Gear Solid: Rising as 360 exclusive during that year's E3. Memorable because they did so with the words "Suck it up Sony fanboys: MGS:R is exclusive"

Exactly. I get the feeling a few Xbox diehard's are seizing on any thing that could potentially cast Sony in a similar negative light to that of Microsoft last year.

It's a completely different thing from launching on PC and launching on a competing platform.

Major Nelson corrected himself in a matter of seconds in the MGS V case.

Did Microsoft make sure to announce Tomb raider 2 for PS4? Both companies do it dude, they're not going to mention each other at their conferences

moonbox

Banned
1KpP5D3.png

Honestly, I don't understand how it's suddenly 'acceptable' and everybody is all rainbows and unicorns because it's a timed exclusive. The above advert is from Amazon, and if it's anything to go by the exclusivity is for one whole year 'at least'. By the time that runs out, the exclusive content will be absolutely redundant. There will be rumblings of expansions, sequels, and extra content that far surpasses the usefulness of this initial content.

In short, this is pretty fucked up.

Honestly, I don't understand how it's suddenly 'acceptable' and everybody is all rainbows and unicorns because it's a timed exclusive. The above advert is from Amazon, and if it's anything to go by the exclusivity is for one whole year 'at least'. By the time that runs out, the exclusive content will be absolutely redundant. There will be rumblings of expansions, sequels, and extra content that far surpasses the usefulness of this initial content.

Yea a month is cool, but a whole year?! thats some bullshit.

Giggzy

It's only acceptable when the console of your choice gets it. Right folks?

Personally, I think it's a very shitty tactic and I hope it disappears in the future. Hopefully the co-op timed demo of Far Cry 4 that Sony is doing becomes the new standard as that's a cool feature and doesn't lock content away from consumers on a different platform.

SonnyBoy

You obviously haven't been over there lol, the reason it's such a popular hub for xbox one fans is because GAF shits on xbox no matter the news and is genuinely hostile to anyone who's a supporter. These forums are an abusive place to be if you like the xbox one(either that or you have balls like me and don't gaf about the drama).

Well, this isn't really a surprise to me.

GAF gives love to whomever it feels deserves it. The PS3 was absolutely thrashed early on.

I thought everyone knew it was timed? It sucks for those on other consoles and the practice is really irritating, but I didn't know this was a big secret.

I am still irritated as hell about The Division.

Yea a month is cool, but a whole year?! thats some bullshit.

Substantial DLC won't be available day one.

Spring '15 is probably the earliest we cab expect DLC that people will actually care about.

Top Bottom