• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3, Is It Salvageable?

Honestly it just means you have to work for your gear instead of buy it on the auction house. Isn't that a complaint a lot of people had?

Just can't win.

That is not the complaint, the fact that can't even trade it now just goes against everything that makes the ARPG community thrive.

We don't want you to use the AH so make items bind on account but now you can't trade which cripples the trading community (if there even is one).

How about you make so some servers that do not have access to the AH, increase drop rates and let the community control the market.

sleepykyo

What is so great about Diablo 3's combat? I only played as a Demon Hunter. All I ended up doing the whole time was either fortifying myself with healing sentries and shadow fog, or kiting with caltrops. I felt like I was getting to the fun part, but then I beat it and the fun part never came.

Try the monk, barbarian or even the wizard. The Demon Hunter is the most poorly designed class in terms of variety.

Magpul

Banned
Thank god SC2 is good, I hate WoW and Diablo III. SC2 however is in the top 3 best games I have ever played.

V_Arnold

Diablo III is a great game. The fact that I got bored of it after 900-1000 hours does not mean that I can now pretend that it is crap. That would be self-delusional at best, worse at worst :p

Svafnir

I'm playing again at lvl 5 MP. Does playing at higher levels give you better drops?

Yes, here's Blizzard's official blog on the topic - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/monster-power-more-guts-more-glory-10-11-2012

But really quick; It increases your Magic and Gold find by 125%. There is also the added bonus of a 50% chance that any time a monster drops ANY item it will drop another item. On Monster Power 10 it is a 100% chance, whether it be gold, a potion, or a piece of gear. Almost every monster drop golds... and a 100% extra item each time? Yeah it ends up raining rare and legendary items on MP10 if players can handle it.

Oh and I should mention the last patch increased the experience bonus of Monster Power 5 from 60% to 165%. (The blog I linked is outdated in that aspect) So you will also gain Paragon Levels much quicker.

MrBS

I put 100 hours into DIII and after spending 50 of that coop with MrsBS which was fun to a point followed by 50hrs by myself I'm sure the game isn't salvagable for me at least. I returned to it a couple times last time would have been a month ago.

What blizzard needs to do for me is to not make me feel ashamed when I play it. DIII just seems to be the base mechanics of OCD distilled into the most exploitive digestable form availalbe. I hate myself for the time I've already put into it and I don't want to go back. It isn't fun. It ceratinly isn't rewarding. It's just me tapping into a dark gambling compulsion waiting for that payout that never comes. I guess I can take comfort in the fact unlike a more traditiional slot machine I didn't potentially pour hundreds or thousands of dollars into it (despite the option being there) but only my time. Considering how scarce that is these days (particulary gaming time) it was still a terrible deal.

tl:dr Turn DIII into a game instead of a morally bankrupt OCD exploiting device

I've just gotten right back into diablo 2 and i'm planning to jump in either during the next few months or when there is an expansion. I definitely think it can be salvaged. If the expansion is as good as diablo 2's the game could be fantastic.

I don't think it will ever match diablo 2 but not many games ever have for me so i don't expect it to.

Nope, they can dress it up with Paragon levels and expansions new skills and all that stuff, but it won't change the fundamental game design, which is bad.

Tacitus_

http://diablo.somepage.com/blue/7980249170-the-salvation-of-diablo-3-a-guide-by-gosu#387

Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts on paper for us. There are a lot of topics here that deserve attention and I want to share our views on them with all of you. Stay a while and listen.

Challenge

Challenge is certainly something that has value; players can’t feel a sense of accomplishment if everything in the game can be face rolled. I think many people would agree that, at launch, the game was too challenging. It was very difficult to progress through Inferno depending on your class or items and the challenge was a large part of the reason players felt like they were driven to the AH in the first place. When you present players with difficult content they will find a way to overcome it which usually means using only the most powerful items and abilities. The unfortunate side effect is it also drives players away from the play styles they feel are “just fun”. We have taken steps to improve this problem a number of ways; reducing the overall difficulty of Inferno, improving the potency of underused skills to allow players more diversity in their gameplay, and introducing Monster Power to allow players to set the game to a level which they feel is enjoyable. I think the right way to introduce challenge is to make it optional, for example having difficult content for the players that enjoy it without penalizing the players who prefer a more relaxed gameplay experience.

Items and AH

Items are a topic with a tremendous amount of depth and also a very sensitive subject, so I’ll do my best to provide some of our insights into the matter. Removing “bad” affixes is certainly a suggestion that surfaces from time to time, another suggestion is to group all the good affixes into a shared category so that they can’t all roll on the same item. I think on the surface those sound good but the reality of what they would do to the itemization isn’t what we want. I addressed the topic of the “bad” affixes in a prior post about items so I won’t go into too much more detail here, but I think it’s well within our ability to make those affixes compelling for some people, Pickup Radius and Witch Doctors are a good example of this. Specifically as it relates to Thorns, no one will disagree that in its current state is pretty lackluster, but it supports a play style that I’m sure we can capture with enough alterations to both the core mechanic and some supporting class abilities and passives.

As it relates to bucketing affixes so Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and Attack Speed are mutually exclusive, yeah that would add more choice to item selection, but it would be artificial. I think this issue has some underlying causes that we should look at before going to the extreme of preventing them from existing on the same item. One of the first reasons trifecta items are an issue isn’t that they are so good; it’s that they are the only thing that is good. Of course you want the only three stats that increase your character damage in a meaningful way on the same item, because there are ONLY three stats that increase your character damage in a meaningful way other than your primary stat. I don’t want to derail this by getting into why primary stats were introduced or debate whether they are good or bad. I do want to say that Diablo 3 has been through much iteration during which a vast number of approaches to stats and items were tested and in the end we felt primary stats were the right thing for Diablo 3. I think a better approach to this issue is to introduce more affixes that players are interested in, so there is a sense of tension over what the six affixes are on your “ideal gear”. When a perfect pair of gloves is “Core Stat, Vit, Res All, Crit Chance, Crit Dmg, Attack Speed” and you can’t even imagine another stat you would want instead of one of those, we have a bigger problem. Introducing more choice instead of less and giving players more ways to feel like they are customizing their character is what we want to see. If gloves also had the ability to roll +% School Damage, +Life on Hit, Skill specific affixes, plus a couple more things you want, than players may find themselves in a situation where trifecta isn’t as clearly defined anymore.

The “problem” with trifecta items can’t be discussed without also pointing out that it is only a problem because the AH makes obtaining these items so easy. On a basic level, I have no problem with items existing that players highly desire, but when it is a forgone conclusion that you will have those items then we have problems. If the auction house never existed, players wouldn’t be upset that trifecta exists, they would be upset that they haven’t been lucky enough to find their own trifecta items. To summarize, I think the right solution to this problem isn’t cutting trifecta items from the game, but rather it’s about getting to a point where you want more things than you can fit on an item.
I think your affix ideas are cool, and we have spent a lot of time lately talking about what kind of awesome effects we could put on items that we don’t currently have. I’d even say that as cool as some of these ideas are, we can go even further. We are putting a lot of effort into coming up with really awesome item ideas for future content. I’ll give one quick example of my personal favorite so far before moving on and also to give context to the direction we are moving in. Imagine a pair of Legendary boots that read “Makes you ethereal, allowing you to freely move through enemies”. Whether or not that idea makes the final cut is hard to say, but we want to really push the boundaries as much as we can, so legendary items become things that players can get really excited about.

Character Customization

Your system idea for Nephalem Power Stat is basically a roundabout way of suggesting we re-implement the Diablo 2 skill system. The old skill system was fun, back in the day, but I think it’s honestly dated in today’s landscape. People fondly remember making tons of characters and trying out different builds, and while I have a lot of those same fond memories, I also remember that usually the end result of my time investment in my “cool new character” was complete and utter disappointment.
Today the availability of web sites or posts about character builds would mostly overshadow any of that old character rerolling. You would read a post saying someone else tried the build that you had imagined would be amazing, only to find out it was awful, or you would find out it was great and build it also. The skill system today allows people the flexibility to try out things they enjoy without penalizing players who want to experiment with new ideas. The only difference is if their idea doesn’t pan out, you didn’t waste hours leveling a bad character.
Character customization is fun. People want more ways to feel different from their neighbor, and we want to help provide players with more options in this regard as well. There are lots of things that we have discussed and some ideas we have for long term system additions to the game to help in this regard. One of them which I mentioned in another post is the plan to eventually introduce a system to allow players to customize their character appearance more. Another system we haven’t talked about before is the long term plan to change the way the Paragon system works to allow it to offer more character customization in the form of actual power. The details of that system are still being worked out and players probably won’t get their hands on it for quite a while. We do agree that customization is important and we want more ways for players to both express themselves and differentiate themselves from their friends and other members of the community.

Too many items

I cover this topic in some depth in the upcoming Item Blog that community is in the process of getting ready for release next week. I will briefly say that we agree that too many items drop and we have plans to eventually reduce the rate that players see items, while also taking measures to improve the general quality of items you do see. The end result should be fewer items that are better instead of tons of items you don’t want.

Legendary and Set items

This is a topic I’ve touched on some in this thread and it is also a talking point of the upcoming Item Blog, so I’ll just say that we agree and we want Legendary items to feel game changing.

Finding your own gear

Whenever we talk about what the fantasy of Diablo is and what we want the core gameplay to be, never do we say “we want players to farm gold and go buy items off the auction house”. The AH definitely has made an impact on Diablo 3 and we talk about it constantly, but our conversations are usually in the context of “how can we get players to find their own loot instead of just buying it”. The new crafting recipes and Demonic Essences were added to provide a little bit of this gameplay but we have a lot of ideas for the long term about how we want to go about addressing this. At the end of the day, it is our intention that players are able to find their own items, because we feel the game is just more fun that way. There are several reason why it might not feel that way right now. One is the inherent randomness of our loot system. Another is the fact that the AH completely removes all friction between player trades. And another is when players DO find items they should be excited about, they are often disappointed because this items are not very good. All of these are very important and we hope to address them over time.

Skill Diversity

This is something we constantly strive to improve. Yes, there are a lot of runes and abilities that are lacking, but as you can see with our patches, we try over time to improve the balance of them regularly. In some cases runes are designed just to be fun or cool. In other cases, we try to make a large spectrum of runes competitive, but the math ends up favoring one over the others. In some cases, certain abilities or ability combinations are so potent that they overshadow almost every other option available. WW/Sprint/Battle Rage is a good example of this. There are some cool ideas here, but I don’t want to turn this post into a discussion about specifics of design. This is a problem that we can’t fix overnight, but we are confident that over time we can constantly improve the situation and hopefully the community can see that we are making efforts on this front with every patch we release.

Crafting

What crafting was meant to be and what it ended up being aren’t necessarily the same. Again there are a long list of reasons why it turned out to be a bit underwhelming for some people. Not the least of which is the existence of the AH. Why make random things when you can buy exactly what you are looking for? We are constantly exploring new ideas for how to make crafting more relevant and trying to carve out a more defined role for it within the scope of Diablo 3 itemization. We have discussed ideas such as letting players have some control over what stats will appear on the item they are crafting, using the crafting system to allow players to reroll the values of affixes an item already has, etc. This is a system that, with time, should be able to find a better place in the overall gameplay experience of Diablo.

Social Features

This is an area that has a lot of room for improvement. I personally used to talk about the fact that when I would play with my brother and two of my good friends, I constantly felt like they were a detriment to my ability to farm, which is at the core of my enjoyment of the Diablo series. Since then, we have made changes to improve the coop experience like reducing the health multiplier of additional players and removing the damage scaling when more players join the game. However, we need to do more to improve both the in and out of game experience. We want it to be easier for players to find other like-minded people to play with and this is a topic we are actively trying to improve in the near future.

Conclusion

Ok I’ve reread this thing enough times that my brain is starting to melt. The Diablo team is incredibly passionate and constantly striving to make the game we love even better. I hope this post helps clear the air about where we stand on a lot of these topics and I also hope I never find myself never feeling the need to write a post this long again lol.

TLDR – Travis has crit Gosu with Wall of Text for 1 Billlllllllion damage.

Perkel

Banned
Yeah that post by the designer Travis Day clearly shows they are on the right path.

Bullshit. He doesn't acnowledge any of fundamental problems with D3.

He is not any diffrent than JW and his "we know better"

All what he said were pathes to broken system instead reworking fundaments.

Folstern

Nothing can redeem it now. Unless they retcon it with a superior game? This time without butterfly demons and the auction house simulator?

Travis Day's post is another example of a Blizzard dev wall of text without any substance.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Regarding the rerolling stuff.

Because your character can be rebuilt on the fly without penalties, there's no attempt at finding a playstyle to suit a "broken" build. Some skills are better than others, so if you use a skill and it's not so hot right away you just flip to another. Conversely, if you lock into a non-great skill, your option is to either scrap the character, or find a way to make it work.

Most people try and find a way.

But if you can "reroll" on the fly, there's no reason to try and find a way, you just flip skills until you get to one that works for you *right now*.

poisonelf

No. It's an awfully designed game on too many core aspects. Even removing the AH, which of course will not happen, wouldn't change much. They'd need to re-write it.

- All damage output being based on weapon, with spellcasters carrying bows around, and every class essentially wanting the same item.

- The lack of varied builds through not allowing for stats allocation.

- All classes being the same class with a different skin, all having the same skills (their own 'teleport', their own cc, their own 'stun' etc).

- The story being written for a slow learning 5-year old. Sure it doesn't affect anything after a point theoretically, but it still left a bad taste about the whole thing.

- Generally it all boils down to unbelievable dumbing down, through all of the above, by not allowing for many skills at once, the floating red pills instead of potions, everything.

The game is honestly disgusting for the legend that its franchise was, and for achieving the goal of creating a huge online loyal fanbase that would play for years (lol).

If you forget it's Diablo, if you ignore the supposed goal, then it's just a mediocre experience with simple mechanics and awful story, kinda fun for 1 play through.

V_Arnold

Yeah that post by the designer Travis Day clearly shows they are on the right path.

Yes, I am looking forward to reinstalling D3 in half a year or a bit more to see what has changed. Seems like many things will, which is always good.

Bullshit. He doesn't acnowledge any of fundamental problems with D3.

He is not any diffrent than JW and his "we know better"

All what he said were pathes to broken system instead reworking fundaments.

Wow, you never get tired of shitting on D3, do you?

Perkel

Banned
Wow, you never get tired of shitting on D3, do you?

I am tired as long D2 player seeing D3 dying because developers are bunch of arpg noobs who can't acnowledge fundamental problems with their game and fixing them.

Diablo 3 after a year time is universally hated on all boards and population almost dead.

But at least i still hope travis or whatever now is king there will read one of my posts and will change game.

eot

Banned
Challenge
Challenge is certainly something that has value; players can’t feel a sense of accomplishment if everything in the game can be face rolled. I think many people would agree that, at launch, the game was too challenging. It was very difficult to progress through Inferno depending on your class or items and the challenge was a large part of the reason players felt like they were driven to the AH in the first place. When you present players with difficult content they will find a way to overcome it which usually means using only the most powerful items and abilities. The unfortunate side effect is it also drives players away from the play styles they feel are “just fun”. We have taken steps to improve this problem a number of ways; reducing the overall difficulty of Inferno, improving the potency of underused skills to allow players more diversity in their gameplay, and introducing Monster Power to allow players to set the game to a level which they feel is enjoyable. I think the right way to introduce challenge is to make it optional, for example having difficult content for the players that enjoy it without penalizing the players who prefer a more relaxed gameplay experience.

The problem with Inferno wasn't just the difficulty, it was how bad their monster affixes were, Invulnerable Minions being the prime example. If their design goal was to screw the player over then they did a good job, but if they wanted champion mobs that were fun and interesting to fight then they didn't. God knows why they added enrage timers ontop of that mess.

Kyoufu

The console version.

Offline play. No AH (pleeeeeease!) and local co-op. If these happen, I will actually play this fucking game again... on a console lol.

Nope. Items aren't unique enough. They're just the same shit with increased stats. Nothing unique whatsoever. Even "Legendaries" were poor.

Then the fact that everyone wants the same items. It's just a mess.

Can't polish a turd I'm afraid.

Tacitus_

The problem with Inferno wasn't just the difficulty, it was how bad their monster affixes were, Invulnerable Minions being the prime example. If their design goal was to screw the player over then they did a good job, but if they wanted champion mobs that were fun and interesting to fight then they didn't. God knows why they added enrage timers ontop of that mess.

They were introduced because players were playing the game "wrong". I'm going to pretend that Jay Wilson was behind all the bad decisions and now that he's gone, the game will get better.
Nope. Items aren't unique enough. They're just the same shit with increased stats. Nothing unique whatsoever. Even "Legendaries" were poor.

Sure you can, it's just a matter if they got the balls to make sweeping games to the itemization without an expansion.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No, Blizzard can not save Diablo 3 and it pains me to say this.

Of course they'll be able to pull some players back by adding content into the game, but in the end - it'll still be D3. If they want to "fix" the game, they'd have to go through heavens and hell... a brief summary of what I would need in order for me to even consider going back. I'm heading out soon so the following list isn't a complete one, I might (or might not) add to it later on.

* Affix-distribution on gear should be based of pre-and-suffixes.

* Ladder needs to be applied to save the current disastrous economy. Whenever there's a ladder reset, everything gets transferred over to the vanilla servers.

* Auction house needs to be either removed (never going to happen) - or at least have some sort of major ilvl/affix-restriction

* Take monster power out of the game and add some real difficulty sense into the game. Don't let the player control what they want to do with their difficulty. Force the lesser players to be stuck at inferno act 1. There's no need making worse players feel "good" about themselves just because they can beat the "hardest" difficulty.

* Some actual customization with high risk/rewards. This could be from either getting stat points that you could allocate each level or something completely different.

* The rune system sounded good on paper, but definitely needed more "ompf" to it. Either rehaul it completely, or change it drastically. When I make my baba, I want it my baba - and not baba#13118.

* Paragon levels, Hellfire-ring and WW'ing yourself through Act 3-mobs for hundreds is not what I would call "end game". They need something more rewarding, more challenging and especially more fun.

* At this point, PvP is absolute trash and no one is currently playing it competitively. When Jay answered the media why they didn't add PvP on launch, he said that they want to release it in a complete state. No, Jay. The current version of PvP is nowhere near complete.

MrDaravon

I am tired as long D2 player seeing D3 dying because developers are bunch of arpg noobs who can't acnowledge fundamental problems with their game and fixing them.

Diablo 3 after a year time is universally hated on all boards and population almost dead.

But at least i still hope travis or whatever now is king there will read one of my posts and will change game.

Please explain how Diablo 3 is "universally hated" and the population "almost dead." At every single board I go to, including this one there are still people playing and enjoying the game. And it is literally impossible for anyone outside of Blizzard to say what the population is like; there's literally no numbers for us to look at outside of how many public matches are going. Which by the way, have gone up from literally 100-250 pre-last patch to over ten times as high (usually at least 2-3k).

Even though the game still obviously has issues, it's much better now than at launch. But the game Blizzard set out to make was not a new version of Diablo 2; even if they fix all of the issues I honestly think that it still is not going to make Diablo 2 hardcores happy, a lot has changed in game design in ~15 years. Path of Exile is probably the game that you want honestly.

kinggroin

Banned
Nothing to really change at this point. The game has grown to be one of my favorite loot-based ARPG of all time, and my hours played for this title is only second to the Monster Hunter series.

Give me more content to play through (levels, bosses, classes expansion) and I'll jump back on the saddle and get to pissing my co-op players off with my running Barb again XD

MrDaravon

Nothing to really change at this point. The game has grown to be one of my favorite loot-based ARPG of all time, and my hours played for this title is only second to the Monster Hunter series.

Give me more content to play through (levels, bosses, classes expansion) and I'll jump back on the saddle and get to pissing my co-op players off with my running Barb again XD

NO MAN IT'S UNIVERSALLY HATED AND IT SUCKS

V_Arnold

It is not universally hated, and what you want will NOT HAPPEN. Realize that and move on, or continue trolling this game FOREVER.

There are more than ONE way this genre can move forward. Diablo III showed a different - but still, at this stage of its existence, FLAWED - way of moving forward. If you hate it, continue playing Path of Exile please (which I do as well, at this point.).

In order for Diablo III to stand on its own, it needs to build on its own strenghts, embrace those and build upon them, not backpedal to D2 systems and D2 practices.

zoukka

Without AH though I wouldn't know this. I would just loot and scramble with whatever junk I would find and anything relatively good would feel amazing.

AH truly broke any sense of adventure the game might've had.

Perkel

Banned
Please explain how Diablo 3 is "universally hated" and the population "almost dead." At every single board I go to, including this one there are still people playing and enjoying the game. And it is literally impossible for anyone outside of Blizzard to say what the population is like; there's literally no numbers for us to look at outside of how many public matches are going. Which by the way, have gone up from literally 100-250 pre-last patch to over ten times as high (usually at least 2-3k).

Even though the game still obviously has issues, it's much better now than at launch. But the game Blizzard set out to make was not a new version of Diablo 2; even if they fix all of the issues I honestly think that it still is not going to make Diablo 2 hardcores happy, a lot has changed in game design in ~15 years. Path of Exile is probably the game that you want honestly.

Go listen podcasts about Diablo 3 ps3/4 reveal how most of them say it is bad game and it was failture for blizzard, go to official D3 forums be it us eu afgan or whatever 50% of post are about saving d3 and why diablo 3 sucks. All my friends stopped playing d3 and moved to PoE or D2 again.

And here we are on GAF talking how D3 can be salvaged. I care to post only because i am longtime fan of D. If that game would be called Barbarian Battle or whatever i wouldn't care at all.

Because i like Final Fantasy XIII it doesn't mean it is good game. Every bad game has some fans and there is nothing wrong with it.

Kyoufu

as much as I want to say "ill never play it again " I am curious how the ps4 port will be.

holiday 2015/ tentative

It'll probably be out in 2014 since the PS3 version has been done for a while now.

Without AH though I wouldn't know this. I would just loot and scramble with whatever junk I would find and anything relatively good would feel amazing.

AH truly broke any sense of adventure the game might've had.

Even without AH I was disappointed every time. I remember picking up my first legendary and laughed at how bad it was. They really dropped the ball with itemisation. :/

JORMBO

Darkness no more
If they fix the itemization maybe. I also found it boring that the maps did not seem to change much like the previous games. They seemed less random and it got boring.

Overall it seemed like they fucked up in a lot of areas to push the AH.

Really enjoying the game and the developers really seem keen to correct a lot of mistakes that happened in the first place.

I wish they were faster in their patching abilities but I personally won't describe the game as needing salvaging especially considering we're going to get at least one expansion.

Can't wait to double dip on the PS4.

Perkel

Banned
If they fix the itemization maybe. I also found it boring that the maps did not seem to change much like the previous games. They seemed less random and it got boring.

Overall it seemed like they fucked up in a lot of areas to push the AH.

Honestly AH is just most visible problem and least of D3 problems.

AH is just tip of iceberg, where fundaments of it are most problematic.

Worst is weapon damage scaled off weapon.

XenodudeX

Go listen podcasts about Diablo 3 ps3/4 reveal how most of them say it is bad game and it was failture for blizzard, go to official D3 forums be it us eu afgan or whatever 50% of post are about saving d3 and why diablo 3 sucks. All my friends stopped playing d3 and moved to PoE or D2 again.

And here we are on GAF talking how D3 can be salvaged. I care to post only because i am longtime fan of D. If that game would be called Barbarian Battle or whatever i wouldn't care at all.

Because i like Final Fantasy XIII it doesn't mean it is good game. Every bad game has some fans and there is nothing wrong with it.

You do realize none of this means jack fucking shit about if the game is universally hated right?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing it a lot the past week or two and they have made some good improvements since the terrible launch. Legendary items got upgrades, monster levels, 100 paragon levels, a unique ring quest. While it's still not perfect and definitely not as good as Diablo 2 there's still some fun to be had there. So if Blizz is willing I do believe they can salvage it but it will take more big updates in the future. Personally I'd really like to see them put the chat system and create a game(that you can name) from D2 back in and further improve the itemization. Also more ways to customize your armor would be good such as the runeword system of D2.

solarus

No, the level designs themselves boring as fuck and the game is too linear, they would have to redo the entire game for me to care. No amount of tweaks or added grinding can fix that. Also, I know people don't come to blizzard's games for their writing, but this was my first diablo game and the writing was pure utter dogshit.

Perkel

Banned
You do realize none of this means jack fucking shit about if the game is universally hated right?

lol. So when game is hated ? when CEO of blizzard will announce it ?

There are people who enjoy game like i did with FFXIII but FFXIII is universally hated game on boards.

No. The game was broken from the start. You can only shoehorn so many changes into it. I too just restarted playing.. After those initial 200 hrs the first few months.... Couldnt even stomach leveling to 60. Got ridiculously bored by lvl 55. Game is utter garbage. I will say however that long break i took made the game feel fresh again for that first playthrough... Too bad the game doesnt truly start till level 60.... Ill stop here or illkeep going on a huge rant.

#pissedAtBlizzard

Interesting.

I bought the CE at launch, played through Normal single player with a Witch Doctor and shelved it. I tried it out again for the first time since launch just last month. I played multiplayer only and beat Normal with every class and also Nightmare with a Demon Hunter.

I take back all the bad stuff I said at launch. I played a class I didn't really enjoy and solo play is much less engaging/fun that multiplayer. I believe this is the Best Diablo yet. I love the on the fly customization, the way the classes mesh and work together, and the loot of course. Classes are diverse and fun.

So what's wrong now? I guess I won't really have a strong opinion on that until all of my characters/classes are lvl 60 and I've beaten the game on the hardest difficulty with all of them. So, I have at least another 100+ hrs of play before I get to that point.

In the meantime, I cannot wait for couch co-op with the wife and kids for the console version. We love co-op games in our family, and D3 is a gem!

FloatOn

Sorry guys, I've all but given up on the action rpg loot game. Path of Exile is a step in the right direction but in the end the genre has done little to innovate.

I'm holding on to the hope that Sui Generis will change all that.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
No. The game was broken from the start. You can only shoehorn so many changes into it. I too just restarted playing.. After those initial 200 hrs the first few months.... Couldnt even stomach leveling to 60. Got ridiculously bored by lvl 55. Game is utter garbage. I will say however that long break i took made the game feel fresh again for that first playthrough... Too bad the game doesnt truly start till level 60.... Ill stop here or illkeep going on a huge rant.

#pissedAtBlizzard

I get that you're disappointed in the game and I agree with you on that but how can you honestly say a game that gave you 200hours of playtime is utter garbage? Not many games give you 200hours for 50 bucks or whatever.

Cipherr

What can Blizzard do to revitalize it for people not playing with the intention to farm?

Nothing. The core of the game is all about farming. Period. The loot is the carrot. If the carrot is not interesting to you, you will not like the game, no matter what they change.

I wanted when I started playing this game, but now the game is too easy

Which implies that you found it to difficult before. Meaning it didn't hold your interest when it was a challenge, and it is not doing so when its less of a challenge. This tells me that the game is unlikely to satisfy you period, difficulty be damned.

When is PvP coming?

According to the developers, not soon. And when it does arrive, it will be a tacked on mode that will not receive the attention that the actual meat of the game (PvE) ever will. See World of Warcraft for proof. Find a PvP game if you want good PvP. D3 will not ever be that game, and even if it was, you would still need to treadmill through the PvE in order to succeed at the PvP (due to gear).

And why on Earth does the Paragon leveling only increase your Magic and Gold finding?! Just more grind bait for farmers.

Because Paragon leveling doesn't just increase your magic and gold finding, it also increases your stats. PL's aren't meant to be the goal of the game. Loot grinding is the goal of the game. PL's exist to give you 'something' when you finish a full Act run and get no interesting drops.

sure it can be fixed. but they never will fix it to our satisfaction because the auction house is more important than we are.

What's with the widespread hacking, I have 2 battle-net accounts and both are locked down due to "irregular access" or some BS like that.

Is Blizzard security run by a bunch of monkeys or what?

I think hacking blizzard accounts is more profitable than hacking credit cards. The feds are probably a lot more concerned with CC hackers than they are video game hackers.
Can't find sources as it's just something I hear a lot

quick question: whats the difference between the end games in 1+2, and 3?

When I quit D3 had no interesting items. All the best stuff was just rares with like 2 good uniques that weren't for my class. Farming D2 was all about finding Occy's and HoZ's off of NM meph so I could move onto hell and get arachnid's. It was fun gearing myself out on multiple characters with drops and trades and it just didn't feel the same in D3. Finding/rerolling a grandcharm and IDing it and seeing pcomb or something and calling my brother and telling him how rich I was, or IDing a GC and getting druid summoning and then cursing the game. Also even when farming hell in D2 you still felt like you were doing something because it was impossible to reach 99 in a realistic amount of time without botting. I know that paragon levels are in D3 now but they released it after I already jumped ship.

Skyzard

Banned
I put 100 hours into DIII and after spending 50 of that coop with MrsBS which was fun to a point followed by 50hrs by myself I'm sure the game isn't salvagable for me at least. I returned to it a couple times last time would have been a month ago.

What blizzard needs to do for me is to not make me feel ashamed when I play it. DIII just seems to be the base mechanics of OCD distilled into the most exploitive digestable form availalbe. I hate myself for the time I've already put into it and I don't want to go back. It isn't fun. It ceratinly isn't rewarding. It's just me tapping into a dark gambling compulsion waiting for that payout that never comes. I guess I can take comfort in the fact unlike a more traditiional slot machine I didn't potentially pour hundreds or thousands of dollars into it (despite the option being there) but only my time. Considering how scarce that is these days (particulary gaming time) it was still a terrible deal.

tl:dr Turn DIII into a game instead of a morally bankrupt OCD exploiting device

I've never played it but yeah thanks for stopping me from getting it on PS4.

Top Bottom