• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3, Is It Salvageable?

dab0ne

Playing this game co-op campaign with a friend and I think it's fine. Then again, I never really played any of the other games.

Edit:

Oh shit, top of the page!

BbTrNgr.jpg

The question at hand here is "Is it Salvageable" to which I would say without a doubt the answer is "Yes".

The game can be changed through patches. It's not where it needs to be. But the core gameplay, the moment to moment act of actually, you know, KILLING MONSTERS? That gameplay is excellent. You press a button to have your character do something and he fucking DOES IT, and to great effect. The gameplay is visceral. I remember playing the demo at Blizzcon 2011 and the first time I heard and felt the Barb smashing into monsters, I was hooked. None of the other loot games I've played have the same connection, they feel floaty (TL2) or slow (PoE). There are a lot of valid complaints around the game...hell, I'm not playing it right now even though I'm one of the few apologists for it on GAF. But to say it can't be fixed, it can't be salvaged? I say take a look at what's been done to the game over the last year and think of what can be done without Jay Wilson at the helm over the next year. I think they're going to solve itemization, and add more to the endgame. I expect a bit more randomization with an ex-pac.

Risible

Blizzard is going to have a long tough road winning me back as a customer after Diablo III. Yeah, I know, they are really worried about losing one customer :).

Prior to Diablo III my opinion was that Blizzard could do no wrong. They were a customer-oriented business and cared about their games and their customer's opinion of said games. They didn't release until thy felt it was a polished, fun experience. I happily pre-ordered D3 based entirely on Blizzard's reputation and my experiences with D2.

What I got was a game that felt clearly designed to drive me to the auction house. Virtually every item I ended up using was gotten from the AH...I found maybe one or two pieces on my own that could sustain me, but overall I was forced to hit the AH to make any progress. It was so obviously a cash grab that it managed to sour me completely on Blizzard in the space of a few weeks.

It really is a shame. It's not a bad game, it's just filled with questionable design choices that seemed motivated purely by greed. I'm hoping they can turn it around and make it an enjoyable game that I can revisit in the future, but without a complete overhaul that seems questionable.

I canceled my Heart of the Swarm pre-order and will be waiting on reviews before purchasing. That's a first for me and my Blizzard purchasing history :(.

quick question: whats the difference between the end games in 1+2, and 3?

On the surface: not much.

And that's a big problem. Half of the players were expecting them to actually do something significant and the other half are disappointed that it's not exactly like Diablo 2.

They'll likely never satisfy the latter group because they aren't going to make any major changes to the core game mechanics. Right now my biggest gripe is the drop rate of good loot. Aside from two pieces all of my exceptional loot was purchased on the auction house. It doesn't feel like I earned any of it and I don't really like my character nearly as much as I liked my Diablo 2 characters. I had to buy all that loot in order to advance in the game because Inferno is just ridiculously brutal. But they aren't going to change drop rates and give you back that sense of ownership because it would ruin the auction house by flooding it with good loot.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore

And that's a big problem. Half of the players were expecting them to actually do something significant and the other half are disappointed that it's not exactly like Diablo 2.

They'll likely never satisfy the latter group because they aren't going to make any major changes to the core game mechanics. Right now my biggest gripe is the drop rate of good loot. Aside from two pieces all of my exceptional loot was purchased on the auction house. It doesn't feel like I earned any of it and I don't really like my character nearly as much as I liked my Diablo 2 characters. I had to buy all that loot in order to advance in the game because Inferno is just ridiculously brutal. But they aren't going to change drop rates and give you back that sense of ownership because it would ruin the auction house by flooding it with good loot.

To be fair there are some really core issues with the game. The AH being the biggest culprit and the fact that running dungeons is useless due to the fact items are 100% random... that to me are the worst things about Diablo 3! Almost feel like a pay to win free to play games... sucks you right out!

To be fair there are some really core issues with the game. The AH being the biggest culprit and the fact that running dungeons is useless due to the fact items are 100% random... that to me are the worst things about Diablo 3! Almost feel like a pay to win free to play games... sucks you right out!

The 100% random thing would be fine if the drop rates for good loot wasn't terrible. 200 hours farming on my witch doctor and she gets 2 good items. When I finally realized what I was doing it was incredibly deflating and I haven't touched the game in months.

e: it sucks because I love how the game feels and I love what they did with the skill system. I hope Torchlight 3 copies that!

Blizzard is going to have a long tough road winning me back as a customer after Diablo III. Yeah, I know, they are really worried about losing one customer :).

Prior to Diablo III my opinion was that Blizzard could do no wrong. They were a customer-oriented business and cared about their games and their customer's opinion of said games. They didn't release until thy felt it was a polished, fun experience. I happily pre-ordered D3 based entirely on Blizzard's reputation and my experiences with D2.

What I got was a game that felt clearly designed to drive me to the auction house. Virtually every item I ended up using was gotten from the AH...I found maybe one or two pieces on my own that could sustain me, but overall I was forced to hit the AH to make any progress. It was so obviously a cash grab that it managed to sour me completely on Blizzard in the space of a few weeks.

It really is a shame. It's not a bad game, it's just filled with questionable design choices that seemed motivated purely by greed. I'm hoping they can turn it around and make it an enjoyable game that I can revisit in the future, but without a complete overhaul that seems questionable.

I canceled my Heart of the Swarm pre-order and will be waiting on reviews before purchasing. That's a first for me and my Blizzard purchasing history :(.

That Activision influence.

I fee like too much criticism is aimed at the AH. It doesn't even bother me and frankly there was basically the same thing in D2 except it just wasn't officially in the game. I think the issues with the AH are just symptoms being caused by the other bigger problems in the game.

Wait are we talking about diablo 1,2 and 3. Diablo 1's end game really felt nothing like diablo 2 or 3. In fact the game itself was just completely different i felt.

I fee like too much criticism is aimed at the AH. It doesn't even bother me and frankly there was basically the same thing in D2 except it just wasn't officially in the game. I think the issues with the AH are just symptoms being caused by the other bigger problems in the game.

Wait are we talking about diablo 1,2 and 3. Diablo 1's end game really felt nothing like diablo 2 or 3. In fact the game itself was just completely different i felt.

The problem with the auction house is they have to keep good loot extremely rare or else it will flood the market and they won't make any money off of it.

And yeah, I was talking about Diablo 2. It's been a long, long time since I've played Diablo 1 and I pretty much have forgotten everything about it.

I played a lot of WoW, but got burned out after WotLK and haven't gotten any expansions since. Every once in Blizzard offers me a free 10 day trial. Whenever I use the trial to go back, I'll play for about three days, but on the fourth day, I get the exact same "burned out" feeling I had before I quit. The burned out feeling isn't just mental either. It's almost as if I feel physically fatigued when I play the game.

Anyway, I fired up Diablo 3 up last night for like the second time after the latest patch was released and after 15 minutes, I got the same burned out feeling I get from WoW.

No other games give me that feeling no matter how long I've played them. I put about 1200 hours into TF2, compared to the 200 I have in D3, and it's just as fun as when I first started playing it assuming the opposing team isn't turtling hardcore.

There's probably something demonic going on at Blizzard because their game's feed off your soul when you play them.

Whompa

-The story was useless and depressing. People die, the real antagonist gets away, the end. It was like a slap in the face to just play the game.

-The writing in general was just sad. No jokes really hit the mark. No references to anything that made me emote in the slightest. No dialog made me think about how cool that was or interesting that was. Everything felt like the same path being tread without any sort of extension of the lore or extension of the story.

-Combat was repetitive. Not sure what I was expecting. It just wasn't interesting to play the game. There were no unique combinations of attacking, no real variety in the characters.

-Music was almost non-existent. What music there was had no melody or tune to even follow. Just really downplayed and boring.

-Graphics look like a slightly more HD WoW and not evocative of the original games. Diablo 3's dev team clearly wanted to direct the art to be more in line with other Blizzard products. I think that was one of the worst decisions they could have done. That's a little more subjective but it seems like the general consensus is that it was too cartoony for the source material.

-Auction House breaks the entire point of the game and just reads as a cash grab.

-Nothing outside of the main quest. The illusion of a vast world was not there. It just felt like a chore to play through.

-No pvp. I don't want arena pvp either. This is Diablo, not Team Fortress.

-Nothing really matters. Same goes for dying or obtaining loot. None of it matters. It all felt so airy and artificial. I felt no connection whatsoever with anything that was going on. No interesting Blizzard lore or Blizzard dialog. Things just felt like fluff.

There's a lot to salvage imo. I doubt I'll ever come back to the game, and I wish I didn't buy it. Not sure why I thought it was going to be interesting. Maybe because it just had the Blizzard stamp on it I assumed it would be a quality product.

Personally, I know it's got too much money behind it, but I'd just sack it and call it a loss purely from a conceptual standpoint.

If they fix the itemization maybe. I also found it boring that the maps did not seem to change much like the previous games. They seemed less random and it got boring.

I don't think this point gets enough stress in D3 bitching threads. PoE's maps system isn't quite there yet in terms of implementation, but once it is, it will shit all over any potential endgame variety and intrigue offered by D3. It's such a fantastic design concept. It adds to the itemization pool with rare and unique maps, it randomizes the visuals and zones you see, it puts you up against mob combos that would otherwise not exist, and it offers a sense of progression (once they get the droprate and high level mob balance a bit better). It's so much better than just an endless random dungeon like Torchlight because of how it plays into the metasystems of the game, and offers so much more variety than static uber bosses like D3. They can put the more static, unique elements into the game with unique maps. I think they only have the one right now (Vaal Pyramid unique), but they can add so many more, and with Laz as part of the team, they can make some really, really cool stuff happen.

From everything I've read, Diablo 3 has been salvaged. It's just a question of whether people feel like giving it a second chance. I am not at this point. I think the ship has sailed, as I've moved on to other games, with many others in my library yet to play.

I may play it again one day to finish inferno which was seemingly impossible when I was playing D3, but my interest level in doing so is extremely low.

Dire

No matter what you do to please the community, they can never end up being satisfied.

Salvaging the game isn't about pleasing everybody but actually having at least a majority enjoy the game. Given Blizzard themselves have even acknowledged D3 has not been the game it could have been, it's pretty clear the people upset aren't just an enormously vocal minority. Selling 12million+ copies is absolutely incredibly, but it's also dangerous when many, if not the majority, of those players end up feeling disgruntled and let down just 10 months later in a series where playtime has often been measured not in hours, but years!

Perkel

Banned
I get that you're disappointed in the game and I agree with you on that but how can you honestly say a game that gave you 200hours of playtime is utter garbage? Not many games give you 200hours for 50 bucks or whatever.

I honestly don't get that idea that amount of spent hours = awesome.

If you want to review game like Skyrim or Diablo 3 you need to spent that much time to have proper opinion on it. I spent like 200 hours in Oblivion thinking it will get better eventually and still game was crap.

amount of spend hours =/= good game

quick question: whats the difference between the end games in 1+2, and 3?

Diablo 1&2 was loot hack&slash so you played bosses to have better and better and better loot. When you finally found best gear for your build you started new class and again and again. When you finally tried all classes you try connect few systems and create crazy classes like making dude with warewolf skill which is not druid etc. Then there was PvP as barebones it was it was crazy fast and thanks to mechanics in gameplay it was fun making it more tactical rather than DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS. There were 8 players parties, Bhall runs, ubers, ladders.

in conclusion it was perfect loot game where with every new unique or set item you were OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ! And what is more important YOU COULD FIND UNIQUES AND SET ITEMS ON NORMAL def. So normal def was fun not chore to play. Thanks to loot being good meaning it has it purpose beside DPS it was fun to collect and use. Thanks to non linear progression you could find really awesome sword which would last you for 2 acts if not more (something which Diablo3 don't have).

Someone made that pic about d2 vs d3 loot :

Buft

Neo Member
I got it for free with my WOW yearly pass and i definitely got my moneys worth out of it but I think the only thing that would save it is an expansion pack with some serious end game tweaks, they made a great start with the legacy system but needs more work.

In my opinion: until the auction houses is removed, the game is reblanced to account for no more auction houses and the always online DRM is removed, the game will remain garbage.

(so, the PS3/4 version, then)

Whompa

I get that you're disappointed in the game and I agree with you on that but how can you honestly say a game that gave you 200hours of playtime is utter garbage? Not many games give you 200hours for 50 bucks or whatever.

I'd rather play a 2 hour game of the best gameplay ever than a 200 hour game of monotonous clicking.

Miletius

I think it needs a full fledged expansion pack but it is salvageable.

1) Itemization needs to be improved.
2) AH needs to be less emphasized or removed completely.
3) Some runes need re balancing.
4) World needs to be improved and less linear.
5) New things need to be introduced to keep the game fresh.

If all that is accomplished I think it'll be in a much better place. I'll be waiting to see what comes of it when Diablo 3: Whatever of Whatever is announced.

strem

I can't quite put my finger on why I didn't like Diablo 3. All I know is I beat diablo and hardly ever went back.

I just started playing path of exile and it has clicked way more then D3 ever did. I'm only a few hours in so we will see if it holds up.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I never played Diablo 1 or 2, but all my fellow employees told me that they couldn't wait for diablo 3. So I bought it and played through once and that was more than enough for me. I don't see the point in playing it again honestly. It was a huge disappointment for me. Could be that it just isn't my type of game, but I think it failed in a lot of ways for me personally.

spirity

I think there's hope it can be salvaged with an expansion. But that would have to be a fucking killer expansion, no AH/RMAH, fixed up itemization and end game, and most of all it would have to be free. I bought D3 on faith and the brand and I see now how stupid that was. I'm not doing that again, its going to take a lot of effort on Blizzards part to get me to play D3.

Dysun

You can't polish a turd

How anyone at Blizzard decided the loot system at launch was good to go needs a lobotomy. It was by far the worst loot system I've ever seen, in a game designed around loot!

Dorfdepp

Neo Member
Yes, i think it can be salvaged. Problem is, looking at everything Blizzard has done till today, it's just not going to happen. Apart from itemization, one of the complaints i often saw was monster density. Act 3 is fine while the other acts have you sometimes run down empty hallways as if you're playing a survival horror game where they try to scare you with the absence of a monster. And yet, they couldn't even tackle that problem.

Look at PVP. They showed arena at Blizzcon 2010 and then months after release they thought it wasn't fun without rewards, so the lazily implemented a special area for dueling. Blizzard is incredibly slow and way to secretive. The lack of communication with the community as a whole is just bad. People want to know what Blizzard wants to do with the game and the excuse we get is that nothing they do is really final so they don't want to share anything that's not set in stone. Funnily enough that's exactly what they did during development. I still remember the "oh we scrapped everything again because it wasn't fun lol" news.

They scrapped runestones prior to release and instead had runes unlock for you at certain levels. Unfortunately they also removed the rune levels. With the original runestones you had 7 different levels of each rune to improve your skills. Take magic missile for example. The level 7 split rune let you shoot 7 missiles. Why did they scrap the levels? They could have kept them with their current unlock system. It would even greatly benefit itemization by adding +rune affixes.
But we are stuck with strange design decisions. Instead of firing 7+ missiles we only get to fire 3.

All those things that happend during development and since release don't point to a happy end (at least for me).

TheHater

thinking about it, Diablo 3 was my most disappointed game last year. Stop playing it a week after I got it. The skills system and AH really killed that game for me.

inky

It can only improve, that's for sure.

I think it needs a full fledged expansion pack but it is salvageable.

1) Itemization needs to be improved.
2) AH needs to be less emphasized or removed completely.
3) Some runes need re balancing.
4) World needs to be improved and less linear.
5) New things need to be introduced to keep the game fresh.

If all that is accomplished I think it'll be in a much better place. I'll be waiting to see what comes of it when Diablo 3: Whatever of Whatever is announced.

I would add:

6) Make monster affixes matter again so that challenge can be overcome with some skill and gear, and not just gear
7) More intricate socket/gem system
8) Actual, random endgame possibilities like endless dungeon or PoE maps
9) Properly balance Monster Power. Right now it's just a battle of attrition. There's no risk, it simply is a DPS check. (Except for Ubers I guess).
10) Find a way to make crafting relevant without resorting to band-aid solutions like Bind to Account items.
11) Add an enchanter-type NPC ffs. <- Biggest missed opportunity for a gold sink they simply cut out.
12) Make elemental damage do something instead of just being cosmetic

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Apart from itemization, one of the complaints i often saw was monster density. Act 3 is fine while the other acts have you sometimes run down empty hallways as if you're playing a survival horror game where they try to scare you with the absence of a monster. And yet, they couldn't even tackle that problem.

The fact that issues like these are balanced around botters instead of player experience tells you everything about Blizzard's priorities with the game. Same reason there are no more events/sections like Jar of Souls, or destructible items and non-resplendent chests are worthless.

Lothars

The game doesn't need salvaging an expansion will make a difference but it is still a great to really good and I really enjoy it.

Swig_

This sums up my feelings. If i buy any more blizzard games, I'll be waiting until after release. I'm not buying sc:hos. I think that will be the first blizzard product that i haven't purchased, aside from the last two wow expansions.

The gameplay of the monk and barbarian was fun, but the rest of the game was a huge let down on all levels. Blizzards story telling has really suffered between where they took WoW after vanilla and diablo.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't get that idea that amount of spent hours = awesome.

If you want to review game like Skyrim or Diablo 3 you need to spent that much time to have proper opinion on it. I spent like 200 hours in Oblivion thinking it will get better eventually and still game was crap.

amount of spend hours =/= good game

Well if you are a professional game reviewer and get paid to sit there for 200 hours playing something you hate I can understand. But video games are entertainment, if you play a game for 200hours you are getting some kinda enjoyment out of it or you wouldn't do it. Not saying that makes the game awesome but it sure isn't "utter garbage" or else you would have stopped playing well before that 200hour mark.

I'd rather play a 2 hour game of the best gameplay ever than a 200 hour game of monotonous clicking.

No kidding. My point was a person does not play 200hours of crap filled "monotonous clicking" unless they are enjoying it somewhat. I've dropped games after 2hours cause I felt they were awful and just not for me, noway in hell I'd continue playing something that bores the fuck out of me for 200hours.

I quit playing once torchilght 2 came out and touched briefly on it last week and I'm not sure if I'm just not up to speed on how the economy of the auction house has evolved or what but what I'm finding now is that my lvl 40~ish characters have no real answers for gear on the auction house because the prices of even the garbage items has risen exponentially.

I can look back on my AH purchases back when I initially put the game down and the price of similar items has increased ten fold yet the game does not drop 10x the amount of gold to allow me to continue to buy stuff I need the way I used to be able to.

So right now, that is a HUGE turn off for me because it basically means that if I am not getting gear drops to help me progress, the gold auction house isn't an option and I am NOT going to start dishing out real money only to continue to be frustrated at how I'm being screwed by shitty drops and a gold economy that is out of control.

It's a shame though because the combat and actual gameplay is fun. it sounds crazy but I'm actually considering quitting D3 on PC for good and just waiting until the PS4 version comes out. I'll wait either way though because if PS4 botting becomes as rampant as it is on PC, I'll probably pass on it all together and wait to see if anything cool happens with the expansion.

REV 09

Diablo 3 is a great game. i'm still shocked at how vocal the backlash is. People play it for 100 hours and still call it disappointing....i mean, if you can get 100 hours of enjoyment out of it can it really be that bad?

Diablo 3 is a great game. i'm still shocked at how vocal the backlash is. People play it for 100 hours and still call it disappointing....i mean, if you can get 100 hours of enjoyment out of it can it really be that bad?
I played Diablo 2 for about 2500 hours. :V

Artanisix

Yes, yes it can?

As a stand alone game it's alright I suppose, but in comparison (and comparisons matter!) to Diablo 2 it is trash.

Terra

It's not salvageable. It's the worst gaming disappointment in years.
Tried to like it and put in a lot of hours the first month. Have not touched it since then, and have no intention of doing so.

Boerseun

Banned
It's not salvageable. It's the worst gaming disappointment in years.
Tried to like it and put in a lot of hours the first month. Have not touched it since then, and have no intention of doing so.

That's how I feel about Battlefield 3.

iamblades

As far as a 'game' goes, diablo III doesn't need to be salvaged. It is a perfectly good game to play through all difficulty levels once.

As an extended experience like DII was? They need to completely rework all of the itemization. Completely random loot is boring as fuck, and rares being better than legendaries is garbage, it is never as exciting to get a really good rare in DIII as it was to get even a decent Unique or Set item in DII.

Also because of the completely randomized stats 90% of the loot is completely useless to anybody.

It is not the droprates or the AH that are the problem, DII had garbage droprates as well, but it was worth it when you got a badass unique.

It's an easy fix, just create a new tier of exceptional legendary items with fixed, or at least highly narrowed stats, and make them all have vit+your highest attribute on them so they can be viable on more than one class.

Will they do it? I don't know it seems like they were so terrified that two people would use the same item or that someone would figure out the 'best in slot' item that they completely eliminated any and all exciting items from the game.

Perkel

Banned
Well if you are a professional game reviewer and get paid to sit there for 200 hours playing something you hate I can understand. But video games are entertainment, if you play a game for 200hours you are getting some kinda enjoyment out of it or you wouldn't do it. Not saying that makes the game awesome but it sure isn't "utter garbage" or else you would have stopped playing well before that 200hour mark.

No kidding. My point was a person does not play 200hours of crap filled "monotonous clicking" unless they are enjoying it somewhat. I've dropped games after 2hours cause I felt they were awful and just not for me, noway in hell I'd continue playing something that bores the fuck out of me for 200hours.

Sorry but that is bullshit.

What is good and what is bad is set by standards. Those standards are created by other games from gengre. So when i play D3 i will compare it to Titan Quest to Path of Exile to Torchlite to finally Diablo 2 which was pinacle of loot based hackandshash.

By those standards game is shit. I don't care if game has big production values, is bugless, has nice music or character design is pretty if fundamental parts which makes game fun to play are broken.

Yeah Diablo 3 is good game up there with Angry Birds and Farm Ville. Are those games good ? Sure they are.

For newbie who don't play diablo like games it can be even best game ever but it doesn't change a fact it is shitty ARPG in comparison to other games from that gengre.

Now where is this 200h in it.

If it comes to games like Diablo. You don't know if game is good or bad until you hit level 60 and finally you will be able to experience what game is all about. Same as every MMORPG out there.

By dropping game at this point (few hours) it is as you would drop game because Tutorial wasn't exciting. In few hours you don't know how mechanics work, how loot is fun or what skill you need to play game. In short you are noob. Games like Diablo or Skyrim get those 100 200 300 hours because you are noob learning mechanics, world etc and you simply can't say game is good or bad by just few hours.

By that standards game like PoE is shit too because first two areas are unexciting and you get support gems only before act 1 last boss.

I was on same bandwagon as reviewers on most sites (they probably didn't even care to play game more). To me everything (sans art) was amazing. "FUCK IT IS DIABLO 3 bitches" "best day ever". After beating normal i noticed horrible story and i thought "naaah who cares, end game will blow my mind", then i noticed that i am playing second def and loot is total utter garbage. Again i thought " nah just maybe my luck" And then i hit level 45. Still loot is shit, game does not get better but again "nah that is probably my luck or something". In short i hit level 60 and that is it. At this point i started to grasp what is that game does not feel good. I already noticed weapon damage scaled of weapon which was already bad design. In short i fucking learned that game won't be any better because how fundaments are broken. Yet i rolled other character to confirm this and by end of month i was done with game, completely disgusted that i "lost" so much time on game which is not even better than Titan Quest.

That is how Diablo 3 for me got 200h
That is how Skyrim got 100h (vanilla because over 300h was on mods)
That is how Oblivion got 150h (250with mods)

And i can safely say all those games have something in common. They are poorly designed and they are not better than games which are in the same gengre.

And yet there are games like Gothic, Diablo 2, Morrowind, and other games which i have equally or even more playtime and they are fucking awesome.

I hope Blizzard devs will learn from this failure and will go learn a lot ARPG design. Because right now they are bunch of ARPG noobs who are riding on Diablo 2 fame. People trusted them like i did and they fucked up where they needed just to at least Diablo 2.5 in 3D.

V_Arnold

So Perkel, did you actually just confirm that you did not try Diablo 3 since any of its major content/balance/revision patches?

No Uber runs, no Paragon, no Monster Power, no "Actually Useful Legendaries", no anything?

Very doubtful. The problem is the loot and limited customization, both of which would have to be completely overhauled. Right now each class just focuses on their main stat plus resists; items that don't fit that narrow box are useless. It's horrible.

zoukka

So Perkel, did you actually just confirm that you did not try Diablo 3 since any of its major content/balance/revision patches?

No Uber runs, no Paragon, no Monster Power, no "Actually Useful Legendaries", no anything?

I didn't either. Nor do I need to. They did not change the core fundamentals of the game nor did they make AH disappear.

Perkel

Banned

I check every now and then new patches. What i mean by being done by end of month was that then i finally said that game is bad. Last time when i started again playing a lot was 1.04 patch and i dropped it because 1.04 didn't change anything with, they only patched few things and made legendaries not that shit as they were before.

lol at "major" content/balance/patches.

Those are minor patches.

Whompa

Besides all the other issues, my biggest concern at this point is how much faith I put into Blizzard. I trust those guys to make quality products. I've loved their games since the early WC1 days. After the subtle inconsistencies with SC2's storyline, it's slightly generic storytelling and retconning, and then Diablo 3's just utter lack of anything meaningful, I'm starting to lose that completely bias faith that I had with the company. One strike does not a bad company make, but it's a little unnerving to put that same level of trust into their next projects. They were always about getting it done and with quality without pushing unfinished crap out the door.

Sucks because it's got such a talented team of devs behind a crappy design.

Top Bottom