• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 - Necromancer Pack - June 27th - $14.99

New002

I fucking love this game. Lol. Just had to share that. Necro was my most wanted character prior to launch, so even though I told myself I'd hold off I had to jump back in today. So good.

Matthew23

I don't really care for the male Necro look but I love the voice actor. The golem looks amazing and plays well. I'm enjoying all the skills so far. I didn't expect much from a new character class but I've already put in about 5 hours and had more fun than I do with a lot of full games.

Was pretty much done with D3 but am glad Blizz put this out now.

Jedi2016

I'm running through the campaign to see what his dialogue and story is like, up to around lv20 or so. I'm having so much fun with Corpse Explosion. Send in my skeletons, maybe toss in something to get a quick kill or two, and then it's like a chain reaction of ridiculousness. For single enemies, just keep popping skeletal archers and siphon blood to refill, rinse and repeat.

carlsojo

Up to level 20, Necromancer is so good.

Whoever decided that Skeletons and Golems should resummon themselves deserves a raise.

Still in New Tristram (doing the Necro story for new story bits) but this is a loooooot easier than my other early level torment 1 characters. Like, a BUNCH. So many minions! So much damage!

I loves it.

Still in New Tristram (doing the Necro story for new story bits) but this is a loooooot easier than my other early level torment 1 characters. Like, a BUNCH. So many minions! So much damage!

I loves it.

It's definitely a lot more fun than I was expecting. I like running around with a skeleton gank squad.

Syf

Banned
Y'all are making it hard to resist buying this right now lol. Why can't the season be starting tomorrow.

13ruce

Banned
Yeah Necro is legit guys level 22 and having a blast so far. Played a few hours non stop and time flew by (playin through story again).

The automatic resummonig is so good and the skills are pretty darn cool and enjoyable.

Favorite class by far and i played like 100s if not thousands as a mage and archer and paladin.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yup dinged 70 on my necro this gameplay is intense all i see is blood explosions and colors and loot
Most of the time i cant even see the enemies xD
Only gore

This game just got 200% better

causan

Any issues with the PS4 version of Necro? I have both PC and PS4 versions of Diablo 3 but I have put more time with the PS4 version.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Now this is absolutely unacceptable!

DifVCdr.jpg

Vr8WjSm.jpg

Original game alone has much more classes, content and story campaign for Christ's sake, and here goes fucking Necromancer Pack with just 1 new character, 2 character slots, 2 stash slots and it costs only 200 RUB less than original game - don't mind current discount (which also indicates how bad the pricing really is in RU region), I've bought both original game and it\s addon for 2K RUB (1K RUB each) long time ago, and I simply cannot justify to buy this fucking pack for such ludicrious price. Fuck no!

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm probably missing the plot, but if I convert those to USD, it seems far cheaper than I can buy it.
Uh, here we go again))))))))))))))

I live in Russia and not in US where prices are always the same, ALWAYS THE SAME. In Russia, on the other hand, prices are only rising like 2 times or even more since 2014 (not only for games, but for everything else you can possibly imagine) during which i could've bought AAA title for just 1K RUB, but now and 3 years later i need to pay 2K RUB or even more, not to mention that griddy publishers also rising prices for 10-15 year old games (!!!!!!!!!) now!

So, don't even try to convert current RU prices to USD and tell me that it's nothing for you. Let's just wait and see how you'll be willing to pay 120$ for a single game if it happens someday, maybe then you'll understand how i feel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no but for realsies tho...

...corpse explosion makes me feel things.

Uh, here we go again))))))))))))))

I live in Russia and not in US where prices are always the same, ALWAYS THE SAME. In Russia, on the other hand, prices are only rising like 2 times or even more since 2014 (not only for games, but for everything else you can possibly imagine) during which i could've bought AAA title for just 1K RUB, but now and 3 years later i need to pay 2K RUB or even more, not to mention that griddy publishers also rising prices for 10-15 year old games (!!!!!!!!!) now!

So, don't even try to convert current RU prices to USD and tell me that it's nothing for you. Let's just wait and see how you'll be willing to pay 120$ for a single game if it happens someday, maybe then you'll understand how i feel.

So here's the thing though - I'm okay with paying $15 for the class because I already played 5 hours of the darn thing. Here we go again indeed.

Really liking the Necromancer. Going through the campaign again after a while is also refreshing (no paragon points or passed down items/gems either), and corpse explosion is so goddamn satisfying!

Nokterian

I don't really care for the male Necro look but I love the voice actor. The golem looks amazing and plays well. I'm enjoying all the skills so far. I didn't expect much from a new character class but I've already put in about 5 hours and had more fun than I do with a lot of full games.

Was pretty much done with D3 but am glad Blizz put this out now.

The VO is awesome and fitting for a change..Crusader female for example was better than the male VO.

Also i love it how everything explodes around me, like i said a page back it feels different and awesome to play.

Other people saying why pay for one class? Well i already have my money's worth out of it and when the new season starts i will play. I am to OP with the paragon point right now since it is a non season character but i am enjoying the hell out of it.

Also i love the new set tiles when doing rifts, they look really cool.

This is so sad.

This DLC shows perfectly what's wrong with the gaming community or industry today.
I would love to get a big new add-on with new story, new areas, new features and more to dive into this universe again, but what are we getting? 1, one new character for this 5 year old game and nothing else, that's it.

But hey, I can't really blame Blizzard right? I mean, because why would they do anything else if this sells like crazy anyway.
Why producing a big giant add-on when one simple character is enough to get the same amount of sales and everyone is literally eating out of their hands and buys it no matter whats or how much is in it.
Just sad, no wonder we aren't getting new big single player add-ons anymore.

And don't tell me stuff like "but you don't have to buy it, it's optional bla bla". Yeah sure, it is, but it's about "to set an example". What we are supporting and buying now, can change the stuff that we get in the future. No wonder we are getting flooded with loot boxes, microtransactions, pre order exclusive dlc shit and more. It's coming from something, it's the "ah what do I care about tomorrow, I buy it now, f it", attitude that is to blame for why our gaming Industry is how it is today.

At least the price is kinda okay, I have to admit that, it's not the same price as a real add-on would cost.
And I don't hope you feel offended or something, I'm just very disappointed in what Blizzard is doing here.

BigDug13

This is so sad.

This DLC shows perfectly what's wrong with the gaming community or industry today.
I would love to get a big new add-on with new story, new areas, new features and more to dive into this universe again, but what are we getting? 1, one new character for this 5 year old game and nothing else, that's it.

But hey, I can't really blame Blizzard right? I mean, because why would they do anything else if this sells like crazy anyway.
Why producing a big giant add-on when one simple character is enough to get the same amount of sales and everyone is literally eating out of their hands and buys it no matter whats or how much is in it.

And don't tell me stuff like "but you don't have to buy it, it's optional bla bla". Yeah sure, it is, but it's about "to set an example". What we are supporting and buying now, can change the stuff that we get in the future. No wonder we are getting flooded with loot boxes, microtransactions, pre order exclusive dlc shit and more. It's coming from something, it's the "ah what do I care about tomorrow, I buy it now, f it", attitude that is to blame for why our gaming Industry is how it is today.

At least the price is kinda okay, I have to admit that, it's not the same price as a real add-on would cost.
And I don't hope you feel offended or something, I'm just very disappointed in what Blizzard is doing here.

They added new zones, adventure quests for those zones, and a new game type, it's just that everyone got it because it's not something you can really lock away in DLC. Well the game mode could have been locked away I guess but they didn't do it.

Nokterian

This is so sad.

You didn't even bother to look on how much free stuff they add each patch and more QoL stuff.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48915-patch-2-6-roundup-necromancer-class-new-zones-and

Complaining because it is one class, you do realise it took more a year to make it right? And in a fact making a class takes time for everything they do we got 40+ abilities and dozens of combinations of runes, the amount of testing for animations,damage etc etc. Add legendary's to it and 4 new sets. Everyone thinks it is so easy. For what it is worth i already have my money's worth for playing it. A whole new class to do new things.

The Diablo team has been adding FREE content since the release of Reaper of Souls and y'all complaining about a class that costs 15 euro's.

Not Drake

You make it looks like Blizzard is milking Diablo 3 furiously, but since it's launch more than 5(!) years ago it's just the second paid add-on to the game that was heavily supported through boatloads of free updates. It's not like every single DLC will be the size of Reaper of Souls too. Necromancer is a small piece of content to keep people engaged with the game. It seems like it did it's job too. Impressions are very positive, because the character seems to be well designed. People are having fun.

I understand your concerns, don't get me wrong. We should push the companies to do better overall and DLC/pricing policies are one of the most controversial issues, but this time the fight is on entirely different hill to be honest.

This is so sad.

I'd rather they did this and worked on another Diablo game as a sequel than making some sort of huge expansion at this point.

The price of the thing is fine, it adds enough content for those that want a new class to justify it's price and for anyone that doesn't want a new class then they get all the new content that's been constantly added since RoS anyway.

Diablo3 was a shit show at the start but it's a game that's turned around and been run correctly for years now.

Nydius

I loves it.

No joke. It took forever with my Witch Doctor with specific builds and Hellfire Amulet crafting spam for specific passive bonuses to get this many minions. By level 30, my Necro's screen is FULL of minions! I'm breezing through the campaign solo on Torment 2.

And I'm completely in love with my floating beating heart phylactery.

Sad that some of the trophies on PS4 are tied to skills I probably won't be using for a while because I prefer having minions to corpse explosions but, enh, dems da breaks.

I'd rather they did this and worked on another Diablo game as a sequel than making some sort of huge expansion at this point.

The price of the thing is fine, it adds enough content for those that want a new class to justify it's price and for anyone that doesn't want a new class then they get all the new content that's been constantly added since RoS anyway.

Diablo3 was a shit show at the start but it's a game that's turned around and been run correctly for years now.

Yeah the price is absolutely fine, nothing against that.

And I do give them credit for all that free patches that they did over the years. Some of them were really big for "just a patch". You guys are absolutely right about that.

But, because they only did patches instead of big add-ons, they never got me as invested into the game as I was at the beginning of the first add-on again. I installed them, played the little new content and putted it back again. I always had the feeling, yeah new items are cool, new ways of playing and grinding are cool with the portals and stuff.... but....for what? When there isn't much real new content and it's all about the ginding, why should I do that in the first place? Where is my end goal? It felt kind of weird. It was somehow supported like an MMORPG, when it clearly isn't one.

Oh and I never had the feeling, on console, that my playtime would be worth that much because the console versions are flooded with hackers and cheaters. It's not like in a MMO or the PC version of D3 where you have to log in and everything is server based and rare loot is really unique. It always hurted the grinding experience that I had on console so I was rather hoping for new story stuff. If you know what I mean.

Lucifon

So is the Necro a caster or can it be played other ways? I have zero interest in casting / magic based classes but if there's other ways to build the class I may just grab the game again.

ISee

I only play D3 1-2x a year whenever I feel like it and than only with friends and only a fresh season charcter. Bought the pack this morning before leaving for work, but I wasn't able to create a 'season character' (greyed out). Am I missing something (PC, btw)?

So is the Necro a caster or can it be played other ways? I have zero interest in casting / magic based classes but if there's other ways to build the class I may just grab the game again.

Saw a video of a bone armor build yesterday from the beta. Was definetly melee orientated, but no idea how valid it is now.

Ayumi

I only play D3 1-2x a year whenever I feel like it and than only with friends and only a fresh season charcter. Bought the pack this morning before leaving for work, but I wasn't able to create a 'season character' (greyed out). Am I missing something (PC, btw)?
The season doesn't start until July 20th.

13ruce

Banned

You can play Melee wise too i use the scythe standard attack skill alot and summon a golem or skeletons and use those mages + exploding bodies and bone armour.

No problem playing so far on torment difficulity on low level in story mode.

But i am only lv 22 will look if a melee way is still valid after 70.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
My wife last night: "it's $15? I was on the fence when I thought it was free..."

15 seems about right for another 300 hour worth of gameplay.

Build testing
Set collecting
Ancient set collecting
Riftin 😍😍

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't really feel like paying 20$ CAD for one character, even if I might spend many hours on it.
Hopefully it doesn't take over a year to see the first discount on it.

Top Bottom