• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 - Necromancer Pack - June 27th - $14.99

Shari

Why would you be on the fence about free content? That doesn't make any sense....

Because some people value their free time and have to decide what games get their time. When you get older money becomes less relevant and time becomes the opposite.

Onivulk

Banned
Because some people value their free time and have to decide what games get their time. When you get older money becomes less relevant and time becomes the opposite.

But what is their to be on the fence about? If you like Diablo then, here's some free stuff. If you don't like Diablo, continue to not play Diablo. If you REALLY like Diablo you can toss them some cash to play the game as a new class.

JCizzle

I fucking love this game. Lol. Just had to share that. Necro was my most wanted character prior to launch, so even though I told myself I'd hold off I had to jump back in today. So good.
Biggest turnaround by any game I can remember. The end result is phenomenal.

Faiz

Why would you be on the fence about free content? That doesn't make any sense....

Becasue she's already spent so much time with Diablo 3? It's a new character but still the same game. It's not complicated.

But what is their to be on the fence about? If you like Diablo then, here's some free stuff. If you don't like Diablo, continue to not play Diablo. If you REALLY like Diablo you can toss them some cash to play the game as a new class.

It's that black and white for you?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I really like Diablo but at this point I'm kinda done with it, I've spent 1000+ hours in it and while I do want to try the Necromancer I have very limited funds so if it's a choice between one character or 3 full games in the Steam sale I'll go with the latter. The free content isn't really enough to bring someone back IMO.

iFirez

Just picked up the Necro and I'm reinstalling the game to play tonight.

Any suggestions on initial difficulty for this class? I'm going to do a story playthrough with this character (as I did it with all the others). Thinking about Master or T1... but not sure. (I should probably do T1)

Berordn

Just picked up the Necro and I'm reinstalling the game to play tonight.

Any suggestions on initial difficulty for this class? I'm going to do a story playthrough with this character (as I did it with all the others). Thinking about Master or T1... but not sure. (I should probably do T1)

If you've got a healthy stack of Paragon levels there's no reason not to start on torment. Once you hit level 10 and get your army going you're unstoppable.

Picked up the Necro DLC for the Xbox One and started a new Necromancer (15 bucks CAD BTW, which is cheaper than the PC version). Even though I'm very very early in act 1, I think Necro is my new favourite class to play.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Whoever thought that it was a good idea to delay Season 10 until July 20th, that is 3 full weeks after the Necromancer becomes available, was a genius. And by "genius" I mean "what the fuck were they thinking".

I guess I won't be touching this game until next month. I have zero desire to play it if it's not a seasonal character, and especially with a new class :/

AEREC

Whoever thought that it was a good idea to delay Season 10 until July 20th, that is 3 full weeks after the Necromancer becomes available, was a genius. And by "genius" I mean "what the fuck were they thinking".

I guess I won't be touching this game until next month. I have zero desire to play it if it's not a seasonal character, and especially with a new class :/

I guess they were thinking about letting people get used to the character first for a few weeks.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man. You gonna like it. Get on board.

Maybe. Then again, I don't mind spending 13$ CAD for a few lootboxes in Overwatch during its events, and that's just cosmetic stuff.

I might not be able to stop myself from buying it when the new season start next month. :p

Berordn

They were thinking to catch game breaking bugs and exploits without having to potentially reset the ladders midseason.

iFirez

If you've got a healthy stack of Paragon levels there's no reason not to start on torment. Once you hit level 10 and get your army going you're unstoppable.

I'm only Paragon 23 so not that healthy of a stack... might be hard slog for me to begin with/impossible.
(I played all classes through at launch and then the new class when RoS came out and tinkered in Seasons a bit... but yeah P23 is not the best. I'll have to go to town on this Necro character and chock those levels up more)

ISee

I bought the pack because I was under the impression that I would be able to play a seasonal necromancer. Now I feel betrayed. Is there a way to ask Blizzard for a refund?

shanafan

I don't really feel like paying 20$ CAD for one character, even if I might spend many hours on it.
Hopefully it doesn't take over a year to see the first discount on it.

Seems like 20$ CAD is decent money for many hours of playtime, compared to spending more on a game that you may not even like.

Cynar

I don't really feel like paying 20$ CAD for one character, even if I might spend many hours on it.
Hopefully it doesn't take over a year to see the first discount on it.
It's easily worth $20 CAD. I'm enjoying the hell out of the necromancer.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm sure I'll get this eventually, but I'm not in a mad rush right now. I pretty much only play seasons anyway, but even without that I just have to much other videogame shit eating my time atm.

Bisnic

I bought the pack because I was under the impression that I would be able to play a seasonal necromancer. Now I feel betrayed. Is there a way to ask Blizzard for a refund?

Why? Just wait a few weeks and you'll be able to play your seasonal necromancer. It's not like you would save money by getting a refund now and paying it back again in 3 weeks.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I guess they were thinking about letting people get used to the character first for a few weeks.

It's not like there's any competitive PvP in the game. People can get used to the character both in and out of a Season.

They were thinking to catch game breaking bugs and exploits without having to potentially reset the ladders midseason.

They've been running the Necro in the PTR for quite some time now. If there are still game breaking bugs and exploits in the normal serves... Yikes. Have they ever needed to reset the ladder mid-season?

I'm the first to poo-poo on Blizzard for not starting the Season earlier... but it's not like you won't be able to play a Necro in 3 weeks. Asking for a refund makes no sense, especially because you'll be buying the pack in a few weeks again.

My family played couch co-op for about 2hrs last night. My wife and I are paragon 400 and the girls are only paragon 30. It was fun trying to find the sweet spot for difficulty for all 4 of us! We're running 2 Necros and 2 wizards.

Necromancer is really fun. I'm pleasantly surprised that Blizzard managed to come up with such a unique playstyle for the character. I played the other classes to death and this class feels wonderfully fresh.

sh1fty

Enjoyed what I played of the Necro last night. I decided I didn't need to take my time through the story for the 15th time so I'm using Gem of Ease, XP sets (Cains and I think Borns?), Red gem in helm, etc.

By the time I hit Skeleton King my Necro was level 45.

Kweh

Really tempted to buy the Eternal Collection on PS4. I have only played vanilla D3 on PC so sounds like a good time to get this on console and play Reaper of Souls + Necro.

Bisnic

My family played couch co-op for about 2hrs last night. My wife and I are paragon 400 and the girls are only paragon 30. It was fun trying to find the sweet spot for difficulty for all 4 of us! We're running 2 Necros and 2 wizards.

Aw, that's sweet. Diablo party with the family. :p

Maybe one day if I have a kid with my fiance(if we ever decide if we want one or not), we'll enjoy some Diablo 4(or 5) chaos together lol.

Kuntz

No one really talks about hardcore here but as a hardcore seasonal only player I hope necro has the tools needed. I'm sure it does.
Bought, will see...

Hardcore only items/runewords in D2 made me feel so special :(

ISee

Why? Just wait a few weeks and you'll be able to play your seasonal necromancer. It's not like you would save money by getting a refund now and paying it back again in 3 weeks.

I'm the first to poo-poo on Blizzard for not starting the Season earlier... but it's not like you won't be able to play a Necro in 3 weeks. Asking for a refund makes no sense, especially because you'll be buying the pack in a few weeks again.

True. I won't save money and I will buy the pack again anyway (most probably) and it's not a huge deal in the first place. Still, I don't like their decision and the only way to show that I'm not satisfied with a certain product is by not paying for it. Complaining about it on NeoGAF or on their forums won't do anything.
But I already did pay, because I wasn't aware that the season isn't already starting. Will my decision effect their strategy for D4 or another d3 pack? Of course not, still it's the only way to protest.

While I appreate the added character, I feel like an mmo player that hasn't had an expansion in 4 years. I can't do this content anymore, I need a sequel, I need something more.

Necro is crazy fun. Feels like epitome of Diablo/Diablo 3 in a kit.

I brought this up while playing with the wife last night. We were exploding corpses like whoa, and I said it reminded me of running rifts at the torment difficulties and just zooming through, but we were still like level 8 or so. It was chaotic and great. Really looking forward to how things look by level 70.

Nokterian

After playing a few hours since it came out last night in EU very late after maintenace. I put in a lot of death breaths..had nearly over 2000 of it. But all well spended now i am using this set and build.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/90849-plague-lancer

It is hella fun seeing those bones pulled from bodies and hitting other enemies is so good!

Going to do other builds also but overall impressions i am very happy with it and it's lots of fun.

necromancer6vufy.jpg

Got the necro pack last night and was super excited to play, and was then reminded that I haven't played D3 in a while as the 7GB patch took all night to download. Alas, looking forward to it tonight!

While I appreate the added character, I feel like an mmo player that hasn't had an expansion in 4 years. I can't do this content anymore, I need a sequel, I need something more.

Same here. I put so many hours into D3 and while the game is great I can't keep doing those same levels I've done countless times before over and over.

cakely

Got the necro pack last night and was super excited to play, and was then reminded that I haven't played D3 in a while as the 7GB patch took all night to download. Alas, looking forward to it tonight!

You may have been caught up. The 7.5 GB patch was from yesterday.

Nokterian

Ehm they added more stuff in every single patch for free nearly equivalent of a expansion? Under what rock are you living?

And now begging for a sequel, while i appreciate the Acts, i do not care about them once i am finished with them because that isn't the heart of the game. It never was,when playing Adventure Mode is the meat of the game.

They added new environments every single patch, when doing a right it is never the same in anyway, different tilesets,different monsters,different elites with different affixes same goes with the bosses.

When doing seasons and the sole reason i return to diablo is to get the new loot but also challenge myself getting higher rifts, the sole purpose people return is maybe i want to try that class for a change.

Now with necromancer and the new season coming in july i have a good reason to keep playing.

Sanctuary

I started a Necro with 170 Paragon points in each category and it was insanely easy, although I started out on Hard and then bumped it up to Expert. I didn't feel like it was a good representation of what a Seasonal character would be at all, so I started over after level 12 without using any points. It was insanely easy again, especially once you hit level 10 like you said. I took a break at level 48. I didn't use anything but gear that dropped, but for the hell of it tested out what a weapon with a Royal Ruby would do. It's ridiculous, especially using Mages that drop bones when they die along with a Flesh Golem and Corpse Lance. Although I don't know how long that setup will be viable.

Necro feels pretty meh

Necro plays like... mash button to kill, while Monk plays hold button to kill

That is what it feels like. At least so far. Although I'm mashing buttons.

Nokterian

Also having over 800 paragon accumulated from lots of seasons make my Necro extremely powerful.

Having crafted lots of weapons and gear from the cube saved me a lot of time for farming. I am excited to see what of the 4 sets we get this new season.

To me necromancer is the most active class i have played, like other classes you smash buttons yeah but with necro? You need to keep be active having to balance your health and essence,it is way more active to play those mini games on the how and what.

Tahnit

Banned
Corpse lance is OP. Watching elites get massacred by hundreds of spines is very fun.

I run a build with lance and corpse explosion. Explosion for up close and lance for elites.

Manu

Anyone else using golem over skeletons? I tried the skellies for a while but they just never died and basically made me unstoppable. The golem is also OP but at least I don't feel like an unstoppable force of nature an hour into Act 1.

Also, having the golem sacrifice himself into a giant pile of meat for me to blow up is absolutely glorious. I still believe there should be a cooldown period where you can't summon another golem instead of getting it back immediately though.

Nokterian

Anyone else using golem over skeletons? I tried the skellies for a while but they just never died and basically made me unstoppable. The golem is also OP but at least I don't feel like an unstoppable force of nature an hour into Act 1.

Also, having the golem sacrifice himself into a giant pile of meat for me to blow up is absolutely glorious. I still believe there should be a cooldown period where you can't summon another golem instead of getting it back immediately though.

Playing Pestilence build i use the golem also and yeah that really is fun he jumps to you and he is here a pile of dead bodies.

The sound effects and VO is really amazing, i love how this games gives the feeling of real raw power of a class and they did it better with the necro.

I use both, but I LIKE being an unstoppable force of nature an hour into act 1.

jchap

Not loving the Necro thus far but I'm not to the endgame yet. I especially don't like the looks of the same corpse littering the screen for everything I kill.

Don't know much about the NM skills and abilities, but is there a build where you can have a bunch of minions that do most of the killing for you? Kind of like the WD.

New002

Biggest turnaround by any game I can remember. The end result is phenomenal.

I missed the really really bad parts as I was a few months late to the party waiting on my gaming laptop. That being said when I jumped in it was still relatively new. It's been awesome watching the game progress. All my friends dropped the game around the time I started and moved to PoE, but I LOVE this game.

Not loving the Necro thus far but I'm not to the endgame yet. I especially don't like the looks of the same corpse littering the screen for everything I kill.

It's not the look of the corpses on the ground that matters, it's the look of the screen when you have all of them explode on a big ass group of bad guys and just have a huge ass grin on your face.

Top Bottom