• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry Admits To Botching Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 Video Capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane1345

Seriously DF you should update your article on EG to reflect this. It's really something people should know before making a decision.

Chumpion

People at Digital Flounder are undeniably leading experts in game footage capture. I do have a humble suggestion for the future, though: When you begin capturing, check that the brightness, contrast and sharpness of the images look about right.

I know this is a very advanced technique, requiring highly developed central nervous system capabilities (for example, a WORKING BRAIN) - but I have faith in you.

Guerilla

too bad , not many read the article

Most people even if they read the whole article they'd immediately ignore everything in it and come to the wrong conclusion if they saw those screenshots . It's much easier to persuade with a screenshot comparison than a description.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Reviewing the other thread and Dark10X comments here (congrats on the job where you can put your "graphics whore" to good use btw) seem to indicate that this thread title is misleading - I know shocking.

I think this is more to do with the controlled environment the analysis was carried out in rather than any wilful deception by DF.

But the article needs updating or this issue explained.

My first belly laugh of the day, you're beyond clueless.

And explain why I'm beyond clueless.

And you're beyond hopeless, try reading the article.

And the entire thread makes it look like they hid that there could have been anything wrong with their capturing, when they specifically note that there probably WAS something wrong:

Thank you.

If there's one advice I'd give Leadbetter (other than for god's sake, you guys really need better PR for this kind of shit) is that to use much simple words, since apparently some people have zero reading comprehension and these explanations just whooshes by them.

darkwing

I think this is more to do with the controlled environment the analysis was carried out in rather than any wilful deception by DF.

But the article needs updating or this issue explained.

it is already in the article

Right now there's every possibility that it could be a capture situation, but it is worth noting that we saw no such issue on our PC captures and after returning to base, the same equipment produced a perfectly balanced picture on our PlayStation 3.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
dark, I'm sorry your quote in the thread got pulled out of context and made into an official statement posted on n4g, but we don't need the distortion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom