• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry hands-on Quantum Break (XB1)

nib95

Banned
Uhh, I hope he bought the game himself then as reviews aren't allowed to be posted yet.

ChrisHemsworthblink.gif

Uhyve

I don't follow your logic. You can tell when you're running at locked 60 without an fps overlay but you can't tell if whatever setting you've dropped has resulted in you running at locked 60 now? How is testing the settings different between you having an fps overlay and not if what you want to get is locked 60 which you can see with your own eyes?
Because it's obviously easier with a FPS read out, why are you being so weird about this?

dr_rus

Because it's obviously easier with a FPS read out, why are you being so weird about this?

Why is it easier? If you see locked 60 with your own eyes then you don't need an fps readout. If you don't see locked 60 then why do you even bother to have them?

If what you're actually interested in is the average GPU load % which should give you an idea on how close to hitting the ceiling you are then you can easily check this by alt-tabbing to AB sensors panel.

Hesemonni

Banned
If what you're actually interested in is the average GPU load % which should give you an idea on how close to hitting the ceiling you are then you can easily check this by alt-tabbing to AB sensors panel.
Alt-tabbing is also a shit ton more convenient than having the read out constantly there. When I want the Temps I usually have my mercury thermometer handily there. Or better yet I take some snow and if it melts I know it's more than 0 Celsius. Which is enough for average consumer.

Jesus guys.

dr_rus

Alt-tabbing is also a shit ton more convenient than having the read out constantly there. When I want the Temps I usually have my mercury thermometer handily there. Or better yet I take some snow and if it melts I know it's more than 0 Celsius. Which is enough for average consumer.

Jesus guys.

Oh, I'm not saying that having the overlay with the data isn't more convenient. All I'm saying is that not having it isn't such a big issue at all as you can easily do the same thing without it - you'll just have to push two buttons instead of one.

Top Bottom