• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] New Scorpio Spec Leak: ESRAM Gone, GPU Features Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
7A3dlty.jpg

giphy.gif

EmiPrime

Hasn't he appeared on the Crapgamer and Mooch podcast? Maybe we're not racist enough for him.

Apologies if I got the wrong person.

Thorrgal

The article was not targeted at us, the 0.01% of gamers. It was targeted at the rest of potential X-Box audience. No big deal

But for US the news are not noteworthy because SS, HDR etc was a given because PS4 Pro does it too, so yeah..

So cut the dude some slack.

The asshole part is not nice though.

PS: I think that like Colin Moriarty his followers are much worse than him...I'm having a blast going through his tweeter feed and checking them faces! Oh how I wish I could do that here...if I could have one superpower...

ethomaz

Banned
I just skimmed it but I thought it confirmed that games will downsample by default and older games with variable framerates will increase to their limit. Scaling resolution games taking advantage of extra resources. Then the bit about launching with SM6.... whatever the hell that is. HDMI type confirmed. Confirmed there will be a "sizeable amount" of native 4k games at launch.

It's not stuff that people couldn't have guessed on their own, but I assume he is confirming said information with a source of some sort. At the very least, I don't recall Phil or anyone else confirming these things.
You can look at Giant Bomb interview with Phil after E3 2016 and most of the article will be there.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/phil-spencer-clarifies-scorpio-1080p-tv-comments

SM6 is supported by XB1 too you know but it is still preview so no game will use it yet.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/pt-br/library/windows/desktop/mt733232(v=vs.85).aspx

The functions have been added to the requirements for DirectX Feature Level 12.0, under API level 12.

Everybody knows it be launch with a lo of games patched to Scorpio... and 4K HDR needs HDMI 2.0a (XB1 S has it)... HDMI 2.1 is for 8k60 or 4k120.

Maybe there if somebody expect to MS drops hardware features from XB1 S in Scorpio (something weird because Scorpio is 100% compatible with all XB1 games).

Colbert

Banned
You can look at Giant Bomb interview with Phil after E3 2016 and most of the article will be there.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/phil-spencer-clarifies-scorpio-1080p-tv-comments

SM6 is supported by XB1 too you know but it is still preview so no game will use it yet.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/pt-br/library/windows/desktop/mt733232(v=vs.85).aspx

Everybody knows it be launch with a lo of games patched to Scorpio... and 4K HDR needs HDMI 2.0a (XB1 S has it)... HDMI 2.1 is for 8k60 or 4k120.

Maybe there if somebody expect to MS drops hardware features from XB1 S in Scorpio (something weird because Scorpio is 100% compatible with all XB1 games).

To be fair there was some speculation about dropping the 4K BluRay drive to make the box cheaper but I agree that the chance for such a move was very very low.

The Shader Model 6 Announcement was already made on last years Build or GDC where they explained some of the DX12 updates, so that was no news for the informed but maybe new to him.

For myself the biggest news was the Supersampling capability as it reads like it comes out of the box ready to use by a dev or even simpler automatically applied to a game when output to a sub 4K device.

Maybe someone in the know can tell me if such a feature is supported already by the PS4 Pro. To my knowledge it is not the case (out of the box).

Thorrgal

To be fair there was some speculation about dropping the 4K BluRay drive to make the box cheaper but I agree that the chance for such a move was very very low.

The Shader Model 6 Announcement was already made on last years Build or GDC where they explained some of the DX12 updates, so that was no news for the informed but maybe new to him.

For myself the biggest news was the Supersampling capability as it reads like it comes out of the box ready to use by a dev or even simpler automatically applied to a game when output to a sub 4K device.

Maybe someone in the know can tell me if such a feature is supported already by the PS4 Pro. To my knowledge it is not the case (out of the box).

Does he confirm it will have this capability "out of the box" too? ;)

Nope, so there's really nothing new, because ofc it would have SS like the Pro has...but is ok, really, the article wasn't for us

I think they will have an in depth Scorpio video ready to be watched right after the E3 conference. Full spec details and talk with the technical fellows!

They need a great E3 and doing their big Scorpio news beforehand will take some sting out of the show. They have all Sunday so they can get basically two shows in!

m23

I think they will have an in depth Scorpio video ready to be watched right after the E3 conference. Full spec details and talk with the technical fellows!

They need a great E3 and doing their big Scorpio news beforehand will take some sting out of the show.

I think they did that with the Xbone right after the e3 conference where they sat and talked about the hardware. Could happen again.

They need a great E3 and doing their big Scorpio news beforehand will take some sting out of the show. They have all Sunday so they can get basically two shows in!

That's possible too. If you think about it they really don't need a special event for it since it's just part of the Xbox One family with likely the same UI, probably faster though, although there was an article recenty that it may look differently? Anyway, most is the same and probably not worthy of a complete seperate event. You might be right about that video.

borges

Banned
What info?

His article is based on things Phil already said last E3.

Thats not entirely true. In an interview last year in Australia, Phil Spencer was asked if Scoprio was going to include 4K UHD and he was not able to confirm it. This article is doing so. Also, HDMI 2.a is something new for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom