• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I've heard this thought a bunch of times over the course of the last few weeks lol.

I agree. I swear I heard this at least twice last week lol. I'm trying to get myself back into FFXIV to distract myself, but I can't play it at work, so it works as long as I'm home....

udivision

They went a whole 2 days without postin' anything... I don't know if that means anything. They typically post at least every day though.

Whatevs.

ggx2ac

Aha, but not this week! Tuesday announcement confirmed.
Believe.

Pokémon news has usually been on a Tuesday night from 10pm in Japan.

In 11-13 hours, something will happen, which will probably be nothing.

Then we wait another day for something.

maxcriden

Didn't Matt basically ridicule the whole thing? I suppose that's not a 100% debunking, but it's pretty close.

If there is any truth to the report in the OP though we really should be getting actual leaks soon.

Oh, true. I forgot that. Yeah, I'd consider that a full on debunking. Thanks for the reminder!

Were the Wii U speculation threads this cyclical? It's like everybody cools off from the topic at hand and keeps veering to certain "issues." I wish NX news would hit now, if only for GAF's sake. :p

Ogodei

Were the Wii U speculation threads this cyclical? It's like everybody cools off from the topic at hand and keeps veering to certain "issues." I wish NX news would hit now, if only for GAF's sake. :p

The craving for an NX general thread is strong, basically, and because the threads keep getting (understandably) locked, people have the same pent-up concerns that get shunted aside before the next threadworthy fragment emerges.

I wasn't around here for Wii U (account activated August '15), but i imagine the greater amount of info and threads meant that things weren't as cyclical because people had a chance to say their peace.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Wait...why the hell is tomorrow a thing? Isn't it just another day? Or is there something I missed?

The only thing I can see right now is that NoA's twitter has been awfully quiet for the last 3 days, though it could be because they have nothing to talk about.

The craving for an NX general thread is strong, basically, and because the threads keep getting (understandably) locked, people have the same pent-up concerns that get shunted aside before the next threadworthy fragment emerges.

I wasn't around here for Wii U (account activated August '15), but i imagine the greater amount of info and threads meant that things weren't as cyclical because people had a chance to say their peace.

I wasn't here until 2015, either, and while I know I can find the WUST, I don't want to subject myself to that monster just yet. A contemporary NX version would probably look worse.
The again, perhaps what we're seeing now is a version of that, just spread around in different threads until each is locked.

I'm just not getting my hopes up for any day in particular. The guessing's over when it's over for me.

Anyone else feeling that somehow the NX will be cheaper than the Wii U when both are out at the same time? Wii U being $300 right now still bugs me and I want one. Hell, I own a Wii U game, but no system.

teamhappening

Team 50/50

It's either announcement tomorrow, reveal the 4th

or

Announcement the 4th, reveal the 11th

Anyone else feeling that somehow the NX will be cheaper than the Wii U when both are out at the same time? Wii U being $300 right now still bugs me and I want one. Hell, I own a Wii U game, but no system.

Wii U will only get a price cut for clearance.

So potentially a month or so before NX launch.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Yep. I'm guessing Wii U will be discontinued in advance of the NX's launch (seems like that's definitely happening in Europe), so that by the time NX launches it won't be a competing product.

Speely

Banned
The long path we have walked from the drear of the Not Happening toward the fabled Happening nears its end, dear friends. I would like all of you to know that I have savored every scrap of insanity we have shared in the hellstorm of speculation, rumors, wishes, and territorial insider partisanship of NX threads.

Soon we will have new, yet all-too-familiar forms of insanity to share as we transition -- in a sort of lurching fashion not unlike a bus-goer walking too-soon and too-confidently toward the exit while the bus is still slowing to stop at their destination -- to the shit-flinging memenado of post-reveal debate and speculation about what level of DOOMED the new device will certainly produce (or not.)

We will be fine.

Hydrus

The only thing I can see right now is that NoA's twitter has been awfully quiet for the last 3 days, though it could be because they have nothing to talk about.

They posted about Mario stickers today on facebook if it means anything. -_-

Wii U will only get a price cut for clearance.

So potentially a month or so before NX launch.

Ehhh, maybe. They stopped making Wii Us awhile ago. I doubt Nintendo has any desire to spend millions in rebates down the channel. They are selling what they can, then likely bundling the rest of inventory to maintain the price point value at the cost of some software until they are out completely. I do not expect any crazy clearance price at all.

trutrutru

No news till the end of october. My prediction for this system is an actual portable console. As in, no screen. Its a 3 piece thing where when disconnected from its "dock/power base" ( for tv play)portion it operates at a much lower wattage. And basically switches rendering from native 1080 to 720p or 540p.

The 3rd piece is basically laptop like battery for on the go. So only 2 pieces are connected at any one time. Base for home. Battery for on the go.
On the go. Turn it on. Doesnt have to leave your bag. Basically the size of a regular laptop

How you play the games? Download an app to your phone that streams the image to it, without lag. Kinda like the wiiu tech, except instead of a gamepad, it uses your phone. Controller has an attachment that allows you to adjust and fit your phone into. A controller with a touch screen (a la wiiu) can be sold seperately.

:)

More wishful thinking than an actual prediction

Malus

The long path we have walked from the drear of the Not Happening toward the fabled Happening nears its end, dear friends. I would like all of you to know that I have savored every scrap of insanity we have shared in the hellstorm of speculation, rumors, wishes, and territorial insider partisanship of NX threads.

Soon we will have new, yet all-too-familiar forms of insanity to share as we transition -- in a sort of lurching fashion not unlike a bus-goer walking too-soon and too-confidently toward the exit while the bus is still slowing to stop at their destination -- to the shit-flinging memenado of post-reveal debate and speculation about what level of DOOMED the new device will certainly produce (or not.)

We will be fine.

another 2 months pass without an announcement

javadoze

We will be fine.

5 hours...

Tomorrow will be the first day that I will seriously be on the lookout for the announcement. I'm not going to be filled with anticipation everyday but I really do think that it's reasonable to expect an announcement any day now.

Malus

ggx2ac

5 hours...

Felt like this needs a repost.

958239.jpg

961676.jpg

964379.jpg

965013.jpg

Akhe

I think Nintendo NX has some alien component in it, because all this "Nintendo is not ready to discuss this yet".

Speely

Banned
I think Nintendo NX has some alien component in it, because all this "Nintendo is not ready to discuss this yet".

I keep thinking about this quote from Ubisoft:

Yves Guillemot said:
“I think, once again, the interface is very attractive,” he said. “It’s a machine that will be easy to use for all gamers. They have built in something that will give us chance to really have a different experience from what exists today. That’s what I like — that they come with something new that is adapted to what we actually want now.”

I think he is talking about it, and I am wondering how it makes the NX "adapated to what they want now."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom