• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyS

Hmmm. If I play through 3DS Dragon Quest VIIr (I'm about an hour or so in) by the time I finish it, maybe NX will be revealed, or at least an announcement of a reveal date!

Nah.

Hmmm. If I play through 3DS Dragon Quest VIIr (I'm about an hour or so in) by the time I finish it, maybe NX will be revealed, or at least an announcement of a reveal date!

Nah.

As long as you do all the bonus dungeons and master all of the vocations (monster included) then yes, it probably will be at least announced!

That game's hella long

Malus

I think 300$ with a decent pack in game or an extra standard controller could be an appealing price point if the specs are solid near PS4 XBONE and the harddrive is decent size (100 gigs). The 3DS still pushes things out for that causal audience child audience while the NX gets the heavy hitters for the hardcore audience.

You then start to wind down the price of the NX in the coming years to a point where casuals will jump in. I think if the PS Vita launched at 249 to 299 years ago you can find that price point for the NX to have specs competitive with the PS4 and XBONE.

Well I'm talking about the rumored machine which is currently sub-Xbone power and 32gb internal storage. Combined with the need to appeal to the handheld market as 3DS is winding down I think they definitely should aim for $250 or less.

foppy79

Believe in the me that believes in September 29th. #Cope

sonic1cope.jpg

Compsiox

Banned
What if during all this time we've been speculating, the NX has already been on store shelves.

We were all just too busy speculating to notice.

I'm guessing everyone's OK with Foxconn now... But i guess you have to be if you're working with any electronic device. Out of sight, out of mind i guess lol

Mr Swine

Banned
I still believe a bit in a January Direct after Xmas. Right now I don't think they are really that ready to unveil it until after Xmas

MuchoMalo

Banned
I'm guessing everyone's OK with Foxconn now... But i guess you have to be if you're working with any electronic device. Out of sight, out of mind i guess lol

It's more like we can't reasonably do anything about it without coming together for the biggest boycott the world has ever seen, and even if we win it would mean all of devices would have enormous price hikes.

EDIT: Tomorrow for sure guys, I'm telling you.

I still believe a bit in a January Direct after Xmas. Right now I don't think they are really that ready to unveil it until after Xmas

They werent ready when they showed the Wii U off...They did a stage show and only let you play 1 level of new super mario and a few minigames...

I think at this point people are just looking for proof of concept with a release date. The issue was Nintendo messed up by saying Zelda was due in March and the NX would be out by then.. They first said March 2017 then revised to 2017.

Scrawnton

They werent ready when they showed the Wii U off...They did a stage show and only let you play 1 level of new super mario and a few minigames...

I think at this point people are just looking for proof of concept with a release date. The issue was Nintendo messed up by saying Zelda was due in March and the NX would be out by then.. They first said March 2017 then revised to 2017.

I believe last official word said March 2017. They never changed that.

I don't think so. Seems way too late to announce it since it would be due in 3 months. I'm not sure why "oh, it hasn't been announced yet means it won't be announced AT ALL this year". Seems like a pretty big logic leap

Just as a reminder, they did state quite a few times that they'll talk about it this year, so January would seem to fall outside of that range. Not that it can't change, but people tend to forget they've stated that officially.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but Zelda was never given a release month. The NX on the other hand has been confirmed several times for March 2017.

Manoko

Just as a reminder, they did state quite a few times that they'll talk about it this year, so January would seem to fall outside of that range. Not that it can't change, but people tend to forget they've stated that officially.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but Zelda was never given a release month. The NX on the other hand has been confirmed several times for March 2017.

They said in an interview that the NX will be all Nintendo talks about this fall if I remember correctly.

Wii U daily said they changed the date of Zelda to 2017 from March 2017. And the game is suppose to lineup with the NX release.

They said in an interview that the NX will be all Nintendo talks about this fall if I remember correctly.

I feel like I vaguely remember that. Possibly a pre-E3 interview?

Wii U daily said they changed the date of Zelda to 2017 from March 2017. And the game is suppose to lineup with the NX release.

Source for that? It would be big news if they ever gave Zelda a release month. And we really don't know if it will launch with the NX, they haven't officially stated that.

Scrawnton

I can't find any confirmation of that from a non-banned website but I guess I have no reason not to believe them. I'm surprised that this is the first I'm hearing of that though...

Considering we had that weird amiibo release leak/screw up, I'm gonna assume Zelda isnt delayed.

Considering we had that weird amiibo release leak/screw up, I'm gonna assume Zelda isnt delayed.

It's possible they're delaying the Wii U version of Zelda so the NX version will be on its own for launch like Twilight Princess.

Wait, no we're not talking about Zelda being delayed again...

The poster I was responding to said that Zelda was initially announced for March 2017 but they quickly changed it to just 2017, but I don't remember that nor can I find any evidence of it. It's not important at all and not indicative of a delay, and nothing new.

udivision

Zelda NX/Wii U was never March.

There was an error on their webpage.

The tweets and press release made sure to NOT attach a month to Zelda.

A lot of people just assumed March. Even the people working on the website too.

But it was never confirmed for March by Nintendo.

sphinx

the piano man
Zelda NX/Wii U was never March.

There was an error on there webpage.

The tweets and press release made sure to NOT attach a month to Zelda.

A lot of people just assumed March. Even the people working on the website too.

But it was never confirmed for March by Nintendo.

but it's a safe assumption.

if they say "NX will be out in March 2017"... then it's obvious that Zelda will be there day 1

Nanashrew

Banned
I thought Nintendo UK accidentally leaked the Zelda BotW amiibos release date for March? And game specific amiibos come out on or around the launch date of a game.

They're by far the leakiest part of Nintendo and it wouldn't even be the first time they've accidentally leaked something.

udivision

but it's a safe assumption.

if they say "NX will be out in March 2017"... then it's a no-brainer to conclude Zelda will be rithe there.

That's what everyone thought.
But they're not confident enough to actually say that...
And this game has been delayed... a lot.

So nothing is confirmed until it is.

ScOULaris

Remember remember the 4th of October.

I believe so hard.

I haven't been this excited for a Nintendo console reveal in god knows how long. As painful as the anticipation has gotten recently, this old-school draconian approach reminds me of a time when leaks were not yet commonplace in the tech world and surprises had real weight to them. I'm all for the secrecy leading up to a controlled reveal. Let's just hope the actual product warrants the build-up.

fossi8

Remember remember the 4th of October.

I believe so hard.

I haven't been this excited for a Nintendo console reveal in god knows how long. As painful as the anticipation has gotten recently, this old-school draconian approach reminds me of a time when leaks were not yet commonplace in the tech world and surprises had real weight to them. I'm all for the secrecy leading up to a controlled reveal. Let's just hope the actual product warrants the build-up.

Please someone tell me what's going on with Oct 4th ?

Further elaboration from the author as to why the quote was removed

Thank you for reading!

I would like to take this opportunity to officially state that I was given the option of keeping the comment in place should it be an inconvenience. The comment was made prior to the official interview, and as such it was an "off the record" statement. As such it was not "fair" to use the comment in the article, and so after careful consideration I chose to remove the comment it in good faith.

I thank you for your vote of confidence, and I hope you enjoyed the article!

maxcriden

I thought Nintendo UK accidentally leaked the Zelda BotW amiibos release date for March? And game specific amiibos come out on or around the launch date of a game.

They're by far the leakiest part of Nintendo and it wouldn't even be the first time they've accidentally leaked something.

Unclear if it was a true leak or a placeholder.

This debate was had at length at the time. It was an error, Nintendo corrected it very quickly and all other communication just said "2017" from the start.

It has been confirmed as just "2017" for months now, so let's not begin the whole debate to again.

Well, to be fair the press site had Zelda listed as March 2017 for awhile too before they changed it to just "2017". Also, every Nintendo rep I've talked with over the past few months still says March...so I think March has been the target. Keep in mind that's 2 separate places (financial statements and Nintendo's own press site) that would have had to make the same error. Of course, with Zelda you never know until an actual hard date is announced.

Well, to be fair the press site had Zelda listed as March 2017 for awhile too before they changed it to just "2017". Also, every Nintendo rep I've talked with over the past few months still says March...so I think March has been the target. Keep in mind that's 2 separate places (financial statements and Nintendo's own press site) that would have had to make the same error. Of course, with Zelda you never know until an actual hard date is announced.

I think they're probably targeting March internally but aren't willing to officially commit to it just yet, in case they need breathing room. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up as a "launch window" game. Or even (god forbid) Holiday 2017.

Remember after the game's first delay, it was listed as "TBA" for 8 months until they finally said 2016 was the goal. (Which obviously didn't pan out.) They've been extremely careful in regards to setting a hard public deadline for the game. Really taking the "it's done when it's done" approach.

I wasn't around at the time but IIRC Ocarina of Time was infamous for being treated this way back in the day.

maxcriden

I beliebe the Foxxconn employee that leaked the PS4 Pro is not the same employee who did those NX sketches. So...fake.

It was fake. Came from a Chinese version of reddit.

FWIW I dont think it was fully disproven, from what I last saw one of our translators here said they were pretty much thinking it was fake but couldn't be sure. It sure would be one difficult product to sell with that carry around module, though. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom