• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier

3LUDO4g.gif

udivision

Caymans Island: 2:02PM

Reggie: *Chuckles* Oh I'm sorry, I cannot divulge information about that console's secret, hybrid controller.
*hangs up*
Reggie: Oh crap, I should have said, it was a controller. Oh crap, I shouldn't have said, it was an hybrid. OH CRAP, I shouldn't have said, it was a secret! *sigh* It's too hot today...

And the context.

Have mods just decided to let this thread happen even when the topic isnt even discussed anymore? Guess it makes sense when a new one pops up within an hour.

gafneo

Banned
We're shipping you the NX, but we're still not 100% sure that's going to be its code name.
Whoever notifies the retails is prob some office intern guy informed by their manager who was emailed by some PR guy, who then is informed by a Nintendo official. Only the Nintendo market team know the real name because they design the logos.

L Thammy

Whoever notifies the retails is prob some office intern guy informed by their manager who emailed some PR guy, who then is informed by a Nintendo official. Only the Nintendo market team know the real name because they design the logos.

Even if that's the case, it's poorly worded.It says the NX is their codename as of now. The thing was targeting launch; they're not going to change the goddamn codename.

gafneo

Banned
Even if that's the case, it's poorly worded.It says the NX is their codename as of now. The thing was targeting launch; they're not going to change the goddamn codename.
Well if Nintendo is late for the party, then maybe less is known about it than people would expect. This is like the most top secret device I've ever seen.

L Thammy

Well if Nintendo is late for the party, then maybe less is known about it than people would expect. This is like the most top secret device I've ever seen.

But they already told us the codename and have been using it consistently
What would be the point of changing it now. It's entirely for internal use.

gafneo

Banned
But they already told us the codename and have been using it consistently
What would be the point of changing it now. It's entirely for internal use.
Maybe they have an inside project name. Nintendo didn't announce Project Cafe to the public. That was for documents. They want to throw people off on purpose.

Richie

I'd quote all the awesome Simpsons Memes in the last pages since the explosion began (Futurama ones too, Thammy you beautiful monster) but then I'd have to quote them all, you guys are on fire. May as well repost these:

150747.gif

gafneo

Banned
Throw people off of what?
exactly. But seriously, all these concept leaks for pattens, inside information given to Eurogamer. The leaker from Nintendo was giving them false info to give the journalists a picture for Sony to believe in so they could blow us all away in the end with something no one would expect. Theory of mine which I am making up.

Sadist

exactly. But seriously, all these concept leaks for pattens, inside information given to Eurogamer. The leaker from Nintendo was giving them false info to give the journalists a picture for Sony to believe in so they could blow us all away in the end with something no one would expect. Theory of mine which I am making up.
Not sure if serious...

If this thing has two detachable controllers on each side, it's possible you could be playing and press the detach buttons on each side and have the centerpiece just fall down on the concrete and shatter to pieces.
Like when we're playing the DS, the game cards and styluses just go flying out all the time.

udivision

You... wrote this letter didn't you?

gafneo

Banned
Not sure if serious...
You see how it works now. You are not sure if I'm serious which is how Nintendo works. They talk to these investors with a little detailed story so at least they know Nintendo is still in either a console or mobile business. Whatever details outside of knowing that those 2 markets exist is meant to be speculation. They knew ahead of time people would be talking and guessing. Wouldn't it make sense to throw in confusing details that lead people to believe a completly false story?

udivision

Or maybe you wrote the letter. We are all suspects.

You've been playing at Nintendo "blowing us all away" for some time probably because you don't want to current rumors to be true.

The basis for your arguments seem to be that only Nintendo has the real information. The problem is, the moment Nintendo lets other people develop for the console (as in, send out dev kits) they no longer have all the information locked up. Sure, Nintendo could put out fake leaks but I doubt that's their MO. More than likely, our current knowledge of the NX is based on people who have seen/heard/used the dev kits and not just random speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom