• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued food you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulbo Urethral Baggins said:
Beat you to Burger Chef. But it's nice to see someone else remembers it. Loved the Fun Meals. And the Super Chef.
They were second only to McDonalds for a while.

I remember being a small kid and getting excited about the "works bar."

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
nom nom
Torengos-TC.jpg

they may still make these, but I haven't seen them in a while
Doritos-LateNight-Jala.jpg

those+queso = godly.

NR1

SLA0958.jpeg

To my understanding, this was a Kroger's label, but the current "Kroger Select" doesn't hold a candle to Texas Gold!

mickey%20bar.jpg

I loved these things as a kid. I hear that you can still get them at the theme parks though.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
a pint of Howard Johnson's ice cream, with that distinctive orange and teal container. it's so rare i can't even locate a picture of it online :(

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
HONEYCOMB?! Toffifay? Big Kat? Sour Skittles? Jesus christ the bodies!!

Clearly I have been in Japan too long. Look at what is happening to the refined sugar snack industry without me.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Burger King used to have this thing called the Angus Bacon something, it was an Angus beef patty, bacon, cheddar, pepperjack, and some kind of sauce and it was amazing for fast food. Beat the shit out of those disgusting Stacker things they serve now that are just mashed up balls of grease.

goldenpp72

Irish said:
These were always delicious. I didn't even realize these were missing from my life until just now.

Yeah I ate them on and off and always demolished the whole bag somehow, so for dietary reasons it's probably for the best, but when I looked through the shelf one day to indulge they were no more :(

Melchiah

Red wine salami.

Two of the manufacturers have stopped making it, or gone out of business, and the third one's salami isn't that good. =(

zeioIIDX said:
Clearly Canadian was SOOOOO fucking good!! Blackberry was my favorite. Used to buy one with some Amazin' Fruit gummi bears...I still remember the commercial with the singing gummi bears walking out of (into?) the bag. Also, totally forgot about that Hidden Treasures cereal, I swear they had one with a purple center too...Anyone remember those Pop-Tart bites? It was literally a bag of miniature Pop-Tarts, they used to sell them at Sam's Club back in the mid/late 90's. Can't find a picture of them anywhere.

I was trying to think of the name of this water THE WHOLE TIME YESTERDAY while reading this thread.

Clearly Canadian was the shit

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Litflynt912 said:
Both are in walmart here in AZ
jChABl.jpg

Feels good man
You have no idea how happy I was to find this at my local Walmart a couple of months ago. I bought four boxes which was all they had.

They don't always have them, so it seems they aren't stocked with many, but whenever I see them I have to get them. So tasty (chocolate icing is superior).

UK Specific

WlWkP.jpg

Asda (UK's WalMart) stocked this at a decent price, but no more. Selfredges (posh designer shop) still sells it, but for something like £5 a box. Ridiculous.

hI2Uc.jpg

Discontinued in the UK. US version is the same story as above.... It's a goddamn shame.

Next time there's a Gaf international food/gift swap, I'll be stocking up on these.

Will send curly-wurlys and twiglets in response.

speedline

Banned
078742225968.jpg

I couldn't find a better pic, sorry. I have have not seen these in years and they were soooooo good, and cheap! Like $1.50 or something.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Death Dealer said:
I miss Farrell's ice cream. It was so over the top.

idghhd.jpg

(I know there are still one or two locations operating, but I haven't seen one in 20+ years)

My mom and grandma used to take me to the one in San Mateo, CA, which is where I encountered the first videogame I ever saw (Asteroids sometime in 1979). Love at first sight.

I actually went to the one in Santa Clarita a year or so ago. Still great ice cream but the crazy sundaes aren't quite as impressive when they're not larger than your 4 year old head.

Epic Drop

02cGm.jpg

For some reason, being in the shape of a race car made Fritoes taste so much better :(

Also, this thread made me nostalgia hard.

qcf x2

I am on a lifelong mission to have Viennetta. I was too poor as a child. Now that I can buy whatever I want from the grocery store they are impossible to find in South Florida. I have long imagined what it tastes like: texture, flavor and all. :(

fna84 said:
holiday spice pepsi.jpg

Yes, yes, yes.

Edit: California Vegetable instant ramen. The disgusting creamy chicken and shrimp with lime flavors have survived, but California Vegetable vanishes into the ether? Unfair.

Speaking of Pop Rocks, anyone remember this? I used to flip out over this stuff as a kid.

popping%20candy%20pops.jpg

This thread is like a time warp to a better, simpler time.

They still sell so much of this stuff in Canada, lol, weird to people posting stuff I can get any time. Which is funny because the USA usually gets tons and tons of shit we don't get ever.

RevDM

Banned
Stahsky said:
Lucas was awesome. I used to love that stuff as a kid.

jW71w.jpg

It's made in lead vats, as a result your IQ is 5 points lower than what it could be :p

edit: it was a schoolyard rumor

Nihilistic Monk said:
UK Specific

WlWkP.jpg

Asda (UK's WalMart) stocked this at a decent price, but no more. Selfredges (posh designer shop) still sells it, but for something like £5 a box. Ridiculous.
I feel so awful for your situation. :(

I honestly wouldn't know how to live without Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. It's only like $1 a box here in the states. I've eaten this stuff since I was a kid and all the way through college and it's still as delicious as it ever was.

tumblr_lp1b3siuJF1qmpp0ao1_500.jpg

This was pretty much the greatest thing at Taco Bell.

Yeah some guy will be like "Just stick fritos in your burrito." but it's just not the same. Every other Taco Bell burrito either has too much beans, too much sour cream, or too much of some other junk that ruins the whole thing.

(Though it is nice that I've dropped a few pounds since giving up on Taco Bell)

Epic Drop

Leona Lewis said:
Speaking of Pop Rocks, anyone remember this? I used to flip out over this stuff as a kid.

This thread is like a time warp to a better, simpler time.

Holy cow, I had completely forgotten about those. I used to love those!

Now that I think about it, they are kinda weird/creepy. You are licking poprocks off of a candy foot on a stick............

I got that several times a week while Taco Bell had them - soooo good! They just brought back the Cheesy Double Beef Burrito, so I'm hoping that they will bring back the Beefy Chruch back soon!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Meus Renaissance said:
Why did they stop this? It was unbelievable

hokkaidomilkwhitekitkatqc8.jpg
Is that just white chocolate Kit Kat? We have those here, but only certain convenience stores stock them. :(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
TreyoftheDead said:
1.jpg

I believe they still do this every year, but I'm speaking of a very specific version they used to come out with that had a packet of icing in it that you'd put on top of the cereal. No one seems to remember this, but it existed...and was so damn good. :(

Last I remember seeing it was around 1996-97.

Omg I completely forgot about this... this was INCREDIBLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom