• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued food you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spasm

1zejtpl.jpg

Whoever is responsible for changing the recipe deserves to burn in hell for 7 eternities.

zeioIIDX

Clearly Canadian was SOOOOO fucking good!! Blackberry was my favorite. Used to buy one with some Amazin' Fruit gummi bears...I still remember the commercial with the singing gummi bears walking out of (into?) the bag. Also, totally forgot about that Hidden Treasures cereal, I swear they had one with a purple center too...Anyone remember those Pop-Tart bites? It was literally a bag of miniature Pop-Tarts, they used to sell them at Sam's Club back in the mid/late 90's. Can't find a picture of them anywhere.

cajunator said:
Oh wait. There has really only ever been one fast food hamburger that I really enjoyed and it was this.
b423aefb1096321f.gif

Ha! Came to post this! Bring this shit back, McD's!

And that Maco burger looks interesting, too.

bengraven

How the FUCK can something like Burger Chef be second only to McDonalds in the number of stores and closed in 1996 and yet I have NEVER heard of it and I'm 32 years old?

uQVCx.jpg

I think McDonalds only ran these custard pies around the time Toy Story 2 came out (christmas or so?), but this was sooooo good. I hate it when I remember them since I can never get another one...

Those PBCrisps and 3D Doritos get me in that same spot, too.

deduce

-Silver- said:
41787_39308224815_3417_n.jpg

The last one hurts sooo much.
I remember those! My mom would buy those all the time when I was little. That cake was the most blissful chocolate experience of my life. I've gone into a few Sara Lee locations looking just for that cake but have never found it. :-(

Persona7

Banned
Typographenia said:
uQVCx.jpg

I think McDonalds only ran these custard pies around the time Toy Story 2 came out (christmas or so?), but this was sooooo good. I hate it when I remember them since I can never get another one...

Those PBCrisps and 3D Doritos get me in that same spot, too.
They had those custard pies for the past 3 holiday seasons. At least in my area.

They are so good.

SpaceHorror

1.jpg

I believe they still do this every year, but I'm speaking of a very specific version they used to come out with that had a packet of icing in it that you'd put on top of the cereal. No one seems to remember this, but it existed...and was so damn good. :(

Last I remember seeing it was around 1996-97.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
PB Crisps, I forgot how much I loved those.....

I liked those Planters cheese balls in a can, you can't find those anymore either.

mclem

Fuse bars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_(chocolate_bar)

The product was unusual for being a solid bar of chocolate containing suspended within it nuts, raisins, crisp cereal and fudge pieces[1] rather than having these ingredients simply coated with chocolate.

The running joke at school was that they were made out of everything found when sweeping up the floor of the Cadbury's factory. There were bits of biscuit, bits of Crunchie, raisins, peanuts... so much variety.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
bengraven said:
We still have Rice Krispy Bar cereal here.

Also, not really discontinued, but I can NEVER find the ice cream anywhere, no matter what brand name it is:

F9akf.jpg

Baskin Robbins makes the best chocolate peanut butter ice cream BAR NONE

Triz

Happy to see someone posted Lost energy Drink. I loved the stuff.

Fast food item: Taco bell Chillito, bring it back fuckers!

kassatsu

Banned
Ok I need some help. Does anyone remember what those tiny meteorite fruitsnacks were called?

I loved those, but can't find any info about them on the internet. :(

VertPin

Scotch said:
Came here to post this. It's not for everyone but I loved me some Flipz! I bought like 10 bags when I was in the US a few years ago, after they stopped selling em here in Holland. There's really nothing like it available here anymore, so I wanna try my hand at making them myself with some pretzels and molten chocolate.
This stuff is so good, just had them last sunday.

i don't know where some of you live but i can just walk down to the store in RI and pick up a pack of vanilla coke right now. i'm pretty sure its a permanent flavor.

the real loss has to be this
fc039w.jpg

why did this have to be discontinued? why?

combines good cherry coke with good vanilla coke, their powers combine to make this amazing flavor.

zoner said:
People tell me that DUnkaroos still exist, but I've never seen them.

So Dunkaroos.
Also
1zwndps.jpg

2gxo5dt.jpg
fuckin forgot about those lol....... how the hell did i not realize that they dont make 3Ds anymore hahaha

Dr.Acula said:
toffifay.jpg

Toffifay.
ohhh and those....i remember trying to tell my mom about those asking if she seen them anywhere and she had no idea what i was talking about.. i guess i know now why i dont see them :/

mr jones said:
Doritos 3rd Degree Burn

doritos-3rd-degree-burn.gif

Why is it, that EVERY SINGLE TIME that Doritos finally makes a chip that actually tastes good to me, they discontinue it? Why don't they like me? ;_;

They still make these. Found some in Tennessee a month ago.

Cannot find these anymore in France afaik :

skittleswildberry.jpg

SourSkittles.jpg

First time I bought the sour ones , we ended up fooling around with my (now ex-)girlfriend , with me putting those in her pussy and then eating them
/uselessinfo

Dynedom

Omh cajunator (and maybe others). I can't believe I'm not the only one who misses the Arch Deluxe.

I remember coming back to Toronto from Dubai and asking for this sandwich and being told it was discontinued. :(

nomis

mr jones said:
Doritos 3rd Degree Burn

Why is it, that EVERY SINGLE TIME that Doritos finally makes a chip that actually tastes good to me, they discontinue it? Why don't they like me? ;_;

We just got these where I live in Canada last month. We only had the weaker 1st degree burn ones for a couple months before that.

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
kitkatbk.jpg

The ones with extra chocolate, not the ones with extra wafe or peanut butter or something (those still exist)

5030873351_7608a0ea0d.jpg

This one isn't discontinued but its extremely seasonal...

MedHead

gblues

Banned
Death Dealer said:
I miss Farrell's ice cream. It was so over the top.

idghhd.jpg

(I know there are still one or two locations operating, but I haven't seen one in 20+ years)

I grew up in Portland. Every so often I went to a birthday party there. Ever have the zoo? It was an obscenely huge amount of ice cream covered with little plastic animals. It was a sad day when the Portland location closed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom