• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued food you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGS

Banned
Cherry/Strawberry Cheesecake Newtons.

They were amazing and sadly short lived. I found some at Big Lots and cornered the market briefly

A few more dearly departed favorites.

hubbabubba-tm.jpg

red-fusion-soda.jpg

picture41.jpg

mr_nexus

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
2646971223_47c7936f2d.jpg

I have no idea why Pac Man cereal was still available into the early 90's but it literally was the best cereal I've ever tasted. I could eat it by the box.
This was my favorite cereal when I was a kid. The yellow Pac-man marshmallows were huge. Ten times better then lucky charms.

MYE

They stopped making Vienetta in the US?

Wow, that sucks. Just had some the other day

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

leadbelly

Banned
Medalion said:

This is still sold in the UK. The funny thing is though, I couldn't think of a discontinued food that I miss until seeing that image. Viennetta still exists, but there is another ice cream product that Walls/Unilever no longer make.

Wall's Romantica.

magicstop

Keebler Magic Middles:

middles.jpg

http://youtu.be/xcNrLuaYP8o

I miss these so much . . .

Also, does anyone remember the limited Hardee's burger (from back in the day) that was two square patties of meat laid out next to each other on a hoagie/sub bun, with two types of cheese, bacon, etc?

MYE

leadbelly said:
This is still sold in the UK. The funny thing is though, I couldn't think of a discontinued food that I miss until seeing that image. Viennetta still exists, but there is another ice cream product that Walls/Unilever no longer make.

Wall's Romantica.

We still have Romantica here too

AWWW YEAHHH

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
acheron_xl said:
Fuck, this thread is making me hungry.

I used to pound these like they were made of air. One of my favorite McD's things ever.

2977270046_6e36795333%5B4%5D.jpg

ugggh, i remember eating that as a kid and loving it.

Haven't eaten any McD's in over 4 years now (maybe even more). I go for Shamrock Shakes in the spring. but man, I would eat the hell out of that if they brought it back.

Not sure if these are actually discontinued, but they might as well be as I can't find them anywhere.

I think I found these once and never saw them again.
mentossourmix.jpg

Can't find these to save my life.
3179090219_327a83ae18.jpg

All they have no is the stupid half sweet, half sour. I WANT ALL SOUR DAMMIT!
yhst-34591534167466_2069_233824824.gif

Another item that is seemingly discontinued in my state. No where in Oklahoma sells this.
HFSO409.JPG

Forgot about these, they sucked lol, I dont miss them.
skittles-chocolate-mix-individual-ebay.jpg

GringoJB

To this day, I cannot wrap my brain around any real reason that Jello Pudding Pops should have ever went away. Is there anything out nowadays that is even kinda similar?

Oh, and with all of this McPizza love, question: I have it stuck in my head from the 80's that there were McPizzas in a different shape (not like a normal round pizza, but rectangular, almost like a Hot Pocket). Anybody else?

GringoJB said:
To this day, I cannot wrap my brain around any real reason that Jello Pudding Pops should have ever went away. Is there anything out nowadays that is even kinda similar?

Oh, and with all of this McPizza love, question: I have it stuck in my head from the 80's that there were McPizzas in a different shape (not like a normal round pizza, but rectangular, almost like a Hot Pocket). Anybody else?

Those too :( I want a jello pudding pop.

turnbuckle

Marleyman said:
At least around my way..I like their roast beef sandwiches much more than Arby's.

rax-04.jpg

Thanks - this post put me in a 3+ hour nostalgia bender while at work. I knew I had seen this place as a kid in Kalamazoo but I don't even know if I ever had it before. Found old pictures of one that was still here right around the age I thought I'd remember it (mid 1980s).

acheron_xl said:
Fuck, this thread is making me hungry.

I used to pound these like they were made of air. One of my favorite McD's things ever.

2977270046_6e36795333%5B4%5D.jpg

Oh god, these were amazing.

discohiro said:
pepsi_blue.jpg

Fell in love with this soda after getting a free bottle sample at a car show.
Came to post this, I mentioned this to some friends the other day and they don't even remember it.

Also

27857warheads.jpg

I know they're still in production, but the bubble burst and now they're much harder to find in stores.

rocksteady1983 said:
Forgot about these, they sucked lol, I dont miss them.
skittles-chocolate-mix-individual-ebay.jpg
blegh, those were nasty

What an awful idea for a candy known for being fruit flavored...

also...
image_mountaindewlivewire1.jpg

I know you can sometimes find it, but I haven't seen it around here in years.

Scotch

Lakitu said:
I had one of these the other day.

sogood.gif

I miss these:

3046.jpg

Something about chocolate and salt together. Delicious.
Came here to post this. It's not for everyone but I loved me some Flipz! I bought like 10 bags when I was in the US a few years ago, after they stopped selling em here in Holland. There's really nothing like it available here anymore, so I wanna try my hand at making them myself with some pretzels and molten chocolate.

3N16MA

Banned
Scotch said:
Came here to post this. It's not for everyone but I loved me some Flipz! I bought like 10 bags when I was in the US a few years ago, after they stopped selling em here in Holland. There's really nothing like it available here anymore, so I wanna try my hand at making them myself with some pretzels and molten chocolate.

I also loved me some Flipz. I bought some chocolate covered pretzels form the bulk section at the supermarket and they just didn't taste the same.

However these taste the same:

rB69y.jpg

Muerte_X

So much awesomeness I miss in this thread.

tumblr_lhjsbpBIBQ1qb3mmfo1_500.jpg

I don't know what it was about this cereal, so sweet, so good. Haven't been able to find anything else that tastes like it since. :(

I miss Vanilla Coke... we don't get it up here in Canada anymore (at least in western Canada). Shame on you Coca-Cola Bottling Company... SHAME.ON.YOU!

mik83kuu

Banned
dejay said:
The El Maco burger from McDonalds. According to wikipedia it's still sold in some European countries :(

d5V6o.jpg

A burger with sour cream and taco sauce. Probably the best burger I've ever had from Maccas and it's only graced our shores twice.

fFra3.jpg

We have this in Finland. So delicious! Also I always get the El Maco spice bag to go with my fries, even if I don't go for the hamburger.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
MeBecomingI said:
I miss Vanilla Coke... we don't get it up here in Canada anymore (at least in western Canada). Shame on you Coca-Cola Bottling Company... SHAME.ON.YOU!
Same over here, I wish we had this still. They only sell cherry over here as the other flavor, fuck cherry coke. The sweet vanilla aftertaste this drink gave me, I don't think I ever appreciated a soft drink as much as this one. Sometimes took me an hour to finish a can.

You know what, fuck it. I'm importing 24 cans TONIGHT, I know I can't do it with Maxibon because it'll melt but the coke will survive just fine.

mik83kuu

Banned
woodypop said:
How was that pronounced? I would assume like "black," but the font/logo is designed with a long "A" indicator, like "blake." Weird.

Actually the first thing that came to my mind was the letter ä / Ä, which in the finnish language is pronounced exactly as you would pronounce the 'a' in black, sack, jack etc.. So I would pronounce it 'black' regularly.

cadbury-top-deck-1.jpg

Discontinued in the UK. My grandad used to buy me one every Friday when i was a young un'.

Crispy M&M's are now on sale again in Tesco's, so thankful for that, even though im eating healthy now and cant have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom