• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 PC performance thread

Nere

Not very helpful for me if I'm seeing results from some of the best gaming rigs :p Of course this game isn't going to tax them. I've got a laptop with a GTX 970M, so will see how it runs on launch.

Got the same graphic card of a laptop. When you get it please share your performance, pm me even if you want. I will buy it later this year so I am interested to know how it will run on a 970m.

CHC

Is Fullscreen actually working for anyone? It seems like it's borderless even if it's set to FS.

I tried to changing to Borderless and back and now it won't even let me pick FS again, always defaults back to borderless.

It was being weird like that for me too. I quit the game and went to Nvidia control panel that unchecked all the settings for GPU resolution scaling, applied, rechecked them, applied again, and then it was fine. It was like the game was not listening to my GPU with regards to downsampling.

Game looks a lot better in Tovarisc's screenshots than it did in that previous performance thread. Waiting for some daytime shots to compare.

Raytow

Karnaca dips to the lows 40, the game wildly fluctuates in the weirdest of scenes, but open areas are the ones that take massive fps drops i7 2700k oc to 4.5, 1070, 32 gb of RAM 1080p.
Stopped playing at 100 minutes will probably refund it(thank god for steam) until it gets patched or wait for a sale.

CHC

Hmm so regarding the mouse.... the "tightest" settings I found were, oddly enough, v-sync on / mouse sensitivity to about 70 / smoothing off / friction on and set to 100. Not perfect, but it feels pretty decent to play. Lot better than default.

Corpekata

Banned
Don't get the complaints about people with high end rigs reporting in. There was just a thread about PC performance issues so people with high end rigs are likely to want to know how far that extends. Especially with this being on an engine that's notably poor on PC, and we're only a month away from Mafia 3 and Forza Horizon 3.

So yes, of course a 1080 is running it well is common sense, but there's enough exceptions to that rule to make it worth posting.

Spruchy

Don't get the complaints about people with high end rigs reporting in. There was just a thread about PC performance issues so people with high end rigs are likely to want to know how far that extends. Especially with this being on an engine that's notably poor on PC, and we're only a month away from Mafia 3 and Forza Horizon 3.

So yes, of course a 1080 is running it well is common sense, but there's enough exceptions to that rule to make it worth posting.

I think there was one comment that fits the criteria of this shut down.

NeoRaider

I wasn't being serious obviously if this is aimed at me. :) It was a joke post.
Sure everyone is welcome to report about the performance in performance threads.

murgo

Hmm so regarding the mouse.... the "tightest" settings I found were, oddly enough, v-sync on / mouse sensitivity to about 70 / smoothing off / friction on and set to 100. Not perfect, but it feels pretty decent to play. Lot better than default.

I just found out what friction actually does. It slows down the mouse movement while aiming at an enemy. Completely useless for mouse users IMO.

I was concerned about this when the gameplay videos showed wildly varying framerates between scenes, even if they were exclusively of the console version a title that varies that wildly always bolds poorly regardless of the platform. The PC can brute-force it eventually yes, but will take far more hardware than it should if the console ver at least had a stable framerate.

Crap. Dishonored may be my favourite game of all time, or at least in the top 5. It's perfect 60fps is a part of that, it was one of the most well optimized titles released on the PC at that time - needed a 4.5ghz i7 to maybe maintain 60fps in all scenes is very disappointing.

Jtrizzy

Sounds like a wait and see on this one unfortunately. 2600k@4.4 and 2 970's, but it appears 60 fps is not happening.

Enclose

Stutters on 60FPS badly. I noted that the loading screen at the beginning when u start the game is longer when u cap the fps, and its faster when u uncap it.

I5 3570
GTX 980TI
16GB RAM
Win 10 x64

Need a solution asap.

eosos

Banned
Stutters on 60FPS badly. I noted that the loading screen at the beginning when u start the game is longer when u cap the fps, and its faster when u uncap it.

I5 3570
GTX 980TI
16GB RAM
Win 10 x64

Need a solution asap.
Resolution?

I5 3570
GTX 980TI
16GB RAM
Win 10 x64

Need a solution asap.

Yikes. My GPU is a little lower and CPU a little higher so looks like I'm staying away.

Tovarisc

Game looks a lot better in Tovarisc's screenshots than it did in that previous performance thread. Waiting for some daytime shots to compare.

I'm looking around a lots so progress isn't fast, but landed to main areas of the game. Performance hit is real. First part of the game averaged around 90FPS on Ultra. Now in opening scene Ultra is <50FPS and even Very High is still <60FPS.

Ultra
dishonored2_2016_11_02msbf.png
Very High
Like earlier mentioned running 1080p, adaptive resolution at 100, HBAO+ On and rest either enabled or on mentioned setting. Textures on Ultra for now, shouldn't have performance hit?

Rig
i5 6600K @ 4,2
16GB
980Ti

I'm looking around a lots so progress isn't fast, but landed to main areas of the game. Performance hit is real. First part of the game averaged around 90FPS on Ultra. Now in opening scene Ultra is <50FPS and even Very High is still <60FPS.

Ultra

Very High

Like earlier mentioned running 1080, adaptive resolution at 100, HBAO+ On and rest either enabled or on mentioned setting. Textures on Ultra for now, shouldn't have performance hit?

Rig
i5 6600K @ 4,2
16GB
980Ti

the textures and colors look so awful.

Anoxida

I'm between 80-100 fps at all times 1440p ultra but there's crazy amount of stuttering going on. Doesn't feel smooth at all. Switching to controller will probably help a bit.

Edit: yup feels butter smooth with a controller so there's something up with the mouse. I HIGHLY recommend playing with a controller if you have one, at least for now.

I'm between 80-100 fps at all times 1440p ultra but there's crazy amount of stuttering going on. Doesn't feel smooth at all. Switching to controller will probably help a bit.

Edit: yup feels butter smooth with a controller so there's something up with the mouse. I HIGHLY recommend playing with a controller if you have one, at least for now.

Will try this after, it just felt so janky earlier.

Tovarisc

There is very weird spikes of sudden acceleration with mouse. Like sensitivity goes from 10 to 100 in split second for few seconds and then back down.

Walking around first area of main area of the game and FPS fluctuates a lot. In some spot I get ~130FPS in next 100FPS then 50FPS and back to 115FPS etc. Also aliasing for days with TXAA x1, maybe need test FXAA.

Edit: Added bonus, that skybox....

Nephix

Well that's interesting, I tried limiting the fps to 60 using rivatuner and the game gets even more stuttery lol
Using some mouse smoothing removes some of the stuttery motion but it's still painfully obvious no matter what I do.

Porcupine

Strangely I have no option to set the resolution at 1440p. Only resolution I can choose is 1080p and 2160p. Is somebody else having this problem?

Enclose

Well that's interesting, I tried limiting the fps to 60 using rivatuner and the game gets even more stuttery lol
Using some mouse smoothing removes some of the stuttery motion but it's still painfully obvious no matter what I do.

Exactly same problem.

NIN90

I used FlyVPN, Melbourne server. You can disconnect VPN once game is in main menu.

Drivers for NV is already out, been for a week. Also afaik day 1 patch was baked into preload.
Dang FlyVPN is no workie for me. Closed Steam, connected to Australian server (tried two actually), opened Steam back up but it still says Preload complete, unreleased.

LtBill

Neo Member
Dang FlyVPN is no workie for me. Closed Steam, connected to Australian server (tried two actually), opened Steam back up but it still says Preload complete, unreleased.

Tried 3 different VPN-tools. Nothing worked :/
I am from germany.

Nephix

Anyone know how to change your refreshrate in the game? Even if I set my display refreshrate to 60hz in Nvidia Controlpanel the game forces it to 144hz.

Can't change game specific settings in the control panel as the refresh rate option just says "unavailable" and greyed out.

Akronis

Anyone know how to change your refreshrate in the game? Even if I set my display refreshrate to 60hz in Nvidia Controlpanel the game forces it to 144hz.

Can't change game specific settings in the control panel as the refresh rate option just says "unavailable" and greyed out.

Does the game support exclusive fullscreen? If it's just borderless, then you have to set your desktop refresh rate to 60hz for it to work.

There is also an NVIDIA 3D setting to force refresh rate to the highest possible. Change that to Fixed Refresh Rate if you can.

Top Bottom