• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0: Mulan, Star Wars, Mickey/Minnie, Quorra/Flynn, Olaf, Inside Out

Gameboy415

Yay, Tron figures at last! :D

I'm really curious to see how the Star Wars figures will look and what characters will be included.

Still no Muppets line, huh? And I still hate the art style. The chances of them releasing obscure characters like Mr. Toad and Bernard seems non-existent.

Neoxon

I'm gonna guess that the Marvel figures will be...

- Quicksilver
- Scarlet Witch
- Vision
- Ant-Man
- Black Panther
- Winter Soldier
- Captain Marvel
- Black Bolt
- Medusa

If we get villains, maybe Thanos & Ultron.

curb

Banned
I'm gonna guess that the Marvel figures will be...

- Quicksilver
- Scarlet Witch
- Vision
- Ant-Man
- Black Panther
- Winter Soldier
- Captain Marvel
- Black Bolt
- Medusa

If we get villains, maybe Thanos & Ultron.

Yes, please.

Arttemis

So what does this mean for 1.0 and 2.0? What happens to the outdates figures when you upgrade to the newest edition?

My girlfriend just expressed interest in Disney Infinity, and I've noticed clearance of Infinity 1.0 figures recently, but have been wary to pick them up knowing they're not meant for the same edition.

Sponge

Banned
Still no Muppets line, huh? And I still hate the art style. The chances of them releasing obscure characters like Mr. Toad and Bernard seems non-existent.

Right there with you Gonzo. I've been waiting for Muppets figures since 1.0. They had some concept art which looks like it'd fit the game.

81dbec4c0ae1734440507adc1e0dd9af.png

I also really want Wall-E and Eve.

e9ba784fc301b39dbfcdaf5e90ccbe4b.png

Zalman

So what does this mean for 1.0 and 2.0? What happens to the outdates figures when you upgrade to the newest edition?

My girlfriend just expressed interest in Disney Infinity, and I've noticed clearance of Infinity 1.0 figures recently, but have been wary to pick them up knowing they're not meant for the same edition.
All previous figures work in the Toy Box mode. Their playsets won't though.

Ridley327

New figures aren't compatible with previous games, but older figures work in the Toy Box mode. The playsets don't carry over, but I think they give you Toy Box materials if you scan them in.

Arttemis

Are Toy Box modes the meat of the game? Or are the Playsets the main attraction? Are you missing out on a lot of content if you have mostly outdated figures?

Are Toy Box modes the meat of the game? Or are the Playsets the main attraction? Are you missing out on a lot of content if you have mostly outdated figures?

Haven't played the game myself yet, just got the 2.0 Collector's Edition in the mail today (my 5 year old is eagerly anticipating playing tonight). But from what I've seen, it looks like the Playsets are the main attraction, especially for adult gamers.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Haven't played the game myself yet, just got the 2.0 Collector's Edition in the mail today (my 5 year old is eagerly anticipating playing tonight). But from what I've seen, it looks like the Playsets are the main attraction, especially for adult gamers.

Toy Box is the main attraction for kids. It's basically Minecraft Disney.

Looking good, but we already have 5 figures for "Inside Out" and it is not even out yet.
Where is my Simba figure Disney?

Edit: Is Ant-Man 2016 or 2015? He should be part of the 3.0 line.

I'm thinking Inside Out is going to be one of the playsets. They usually have more figures from a certain IP if its one of the main playsets of the game.
Guess so. Must have 2 playsets to have all characters.

Meader

Looking good, but we already have 4 figures for "Inside Out" and it is not even out yet.
Where is my Simba figure Disney?

I'm thinking Inside Out is going to be one of the playsets. They usually have more figures from a certain IP if its one of the main playsets of the game.

...Aren't they sisters?

Boy, are YOU out of the loop!

"Elsanna" is an internationally recognized OTP (or "one true pair"). It notably occurred independently in NA, Korea, and Italy upon the local releases of the film and eventually the fanbases found one another. Basically, a population of Frozen fans find the sisters so attractive together that they have rationalized incest so they can pair the sisters romantically.

Some (many) Elsanna shippers even believe Disney is aware of the fanbase and cite many, many official products and merchandise that seems to allude to a romance or sexual subtext between the two sisters.

hI8HE1Y.jpg

Long story short, yes, they are sisters. Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm wondering what this leak means for 3.0 on a whole. 2.0 had the Disney Originals subset, which this leak confirms 3.0 will have as well. We know there are rumors about Star Wars, potentially as the main theme of 3.0. Where does that leave Marvel? Surely they won't be left out, so I imagine they'll get their own 3.0 subset? Or will the main theme be divided between Star Wars and Marvel? Will Marvel 3.0 be Toy Box only, or will they get their own playsets too?

Platy

FINALY a proper Mickey figure.

Only took them 3 games for their most beloved character to come out in it's classic way.

Zalman

I'm wondering what this leak means for 3.0 on a whole. 2.0 had the Disney Originals subset, which this leak confirms 3.0 will have as well. We know there are rumors about Star Wars, potentially as the main theme of 3.0. Where does that leave Marvel? Surely they won't be left out, so I imagine they'll get their own 3.0 subset? Or will the main theme be divided between Star Wars and Marvel? Will Marvel 3.0 be Toy Box only, or will they get their own playsets too?
Your guess is as good as ours. Expect everything to be cleared up within the next few weeks. That's when they had their event last year.

I don't see why they don't use Toy Story as a playset inspiration to give all Disney originals 1 big playset.
For example your Infinity Figure comes to life in a Toy Story setting while the villains scheme, the Disney originals heroes team up to stop them.

Wasp.png

please.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess Infinity 3.0 launched in September with Disney Originals and an Inside Out Playset. In November a StarWars Starter and figures release to get in line with Marketing for the new movie. Jan/Feb will see a Marvel wave unless a big movie is scheduled from them sometime before the Summer.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess Infinity 3.0 launched in September with Disney Originals and an Inside Out Playset. In November a StarWars Starter and figures release to get in line with Marketing for the new movie. Jan/Feb will see a Marvel wave unless a big movie is scheduled from them sometime before the Summer.

Toybox only should definitely come before playsets this time imo.

fernoca

Figures look good, but are Toy Box only. Really want to use Mickey and now there are two, but only on that mode.

DrZeus

Good gawd I'd love to dive into this is as its like my nerd inner child fantasy come to life, but I don't have alot of gaming time nowadays. especially for mediocre experiences like what these games tend to be. It's kinda sad when you think about it. So much potential. Figures look great though!

Target has a sale this week on Disney Infinity 2.0(40 percent off with cartwheel) maybe I should get it since these figures will most likely be compatible with it? Just not sure which one to get, Disney Infinity Toy Set or Marvel Super Heroes

Toybox 3.0 needs Indiana Jones.

Oh yes, that would be great. Unfortunately, if he's not in Disney Originals, I'm guessing he won't be coming out at all, since he's obviously not part of the Star Wars or Marvel lines.

Target has a sale this week on Disney Infinity 2.0(40 percent off with cartwheel) maybe I should get it since these figures will most likely be compatible with it? Just not sure which one to get, Disney Infinity Toy Set or Marvel Super Heroes

All existing figures will only be compatible with 3.0 Toy Box, unless they change it up from how they've done it in the past. But I could see the current Marvel figures possibly being compatible with 3.0 Marvel playsets, assuming 3.0 has some.

Toybox only should definitely come before playsets this time imo.

I think launching Toybox only is a mistake and there are a lot of the inside out characters, whose movie will still be in theaters if they launch in September before Lego. November is when Star Wars marketing will pick up so it makes sense for that to come in to play then. An 11 character Split lines up with the around 30 number of Characters they've had in the past and there's a good chance they heard the criticism of having Playsets from only one Series. Separating the Waves in to 3 events with 3 playsets seems pretty smart as well as momentum falls off a cliff once the bulk of them are released.

Niosai

I was really bummed when I saw that the Tron figures were only coming to PC, so I'm really excited for this. If the Star Wars stuff comes, I'm gonna go bankrupt...

This series is easily the biggest let down in gaming to me. They make some great play sets but in 2.0 they limited it to only Marvel, and everyone else got thrown into the terrible toy box mode.

Now it sounds like they're doing the same thing with Star Wars (instead of Marvel) this year. What a huge waste if that's the case.

Well, a friend of mine went to a private Disney conference and she told me that she saw a video of mickey riding a landspeeder (might be other vehicle, she is not a fan of SW) and other stuff and then she saw the title of DI 3.

I think launching Toybox only is a mistake and there are a lot of the inside out characters, whose movie will still be in theaters if they launch in September before Lego. November is when Star Wars marketing will pick up so it makes sense for that to come in to play then. An 11 character Split lines up with the around 30 number of Characters they've had in the past and there's a good chance they heard the criticism of having Playsets from only one Series. Separating the Waves in to 3 events with 3 playsets seems pretty smart as well as momentum falls off a cliff once the bulk of them are released.

I mean if the Disney Originals don't have playsets.
The problem with 2.0 is that people bought the Marvel playsets and figures but were completely tired of the game by the Disney Originals release.

If you did the reverse even if people are tired by then they'd be more likely to then buy more characters for the playsets.

RPGCrazied

Not likely, but the 3.0 playsets should be playable in the 2.0 game. I really have no interest having to buy the game and base again, star wars or not.

zeioIIDX

I can already hear my daughter asking for that Olaf. To be honest though, I have a ton of fun playing Disney Infinity with my 6 year old. It's fun to her because she loves sandbox games like Minecraft and Goat Simulator.

fernoca

Wonder if they'll backpedal again with the DLC plans.

For 1.0, there was no DLC because the hooks weren't in-place, mostly because of the Wii version.

For 2.0, they added those "hooks" and mentioned about the possibilities of DLC, but all was scrapped when the console versions underperformed and the plans for expansions and characters were scrapped too. Only released Flynn and Quorra (digitally) on PC and iPad because those were the version making the most money.

So, maybe they'll adopt that model a free version, that you either buy stuff digitally or through figurines. Doubtful, but will see.

JoshHood

Captain America: Civil War is next summer, and is probably as big for them as the Avengers is at this point.

Top Bottom