• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0: Mulan, Star Wars, Mickey/Minnie, Quorra/Flynn, Olaf, Inside Out

Hawk269

Well, a friend of mine went to a private Disney conference and she told me that she saw a video of mickey riding a landspeeder (might be other vehicle, she is not a fan of SW) and other stuff and then she saw the title of DI 3.

That would most likely be the Toy Box 3.0, which allows figures to interact and use other props from other franchises.

That is the biggest issue with Infinity is that in the Story modes, figures are restricted to the license and there are a ton of figures which are only used in Toy Box mode, which to me devalues the figures since they can only be used in one mode.

mantis23

Well, a friend of mine went to a private Disney conference and she told me that she saw a video of mickey riding a landspeeder (might be other vehicle, she is not a fan of SW) and other stuff and then she saw the title of DI 3.

The Landspeeder is in 2.0. It is the reward for unlocking all of the figures in the Hall of Heroes. In 1.0 the reward was a Star Wars lightsaber.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Boy, are YOU out of the loop!

"Elsanna" is an internationally recognized OTP (or "one true pair"). It notably occurred independently in NA, Korea, and Italy upon the local releases of the film and eventually the fanbases found one another. Basically, a population of Frozen fans find the sisters so attractive together that they have rationalized incest so they can pair the sisters romantically.
...Jesus take the wheel

fernoca

Though a movie, doesn't guarantee a playset. Frozen didn't get a playset in 1.0, Big Hero 6 didn't in 2.0, and if the main SKU is Star Wars related (like Marvel in 2.0), Inside Out won't get one either.

Hope to be wrong, but the way they've handled things so far doesn't give much hope.

ChrisD

The Mickey figure looks excellent. If the picture on the back of the box is anything to go off of, however, he looks hilarious in-game. Have no idea where they were going with that design.

And

Dat five-figure advertisement campaign for Inside Out.

Neoxon

I'm wondering what this leak means for 3.0 on a whole. 2.0 had the Disney Originals subset, which this leak confirms 3.0 will have as well. We know there are rumors about Star Wars, potentially as the main theme of 3.0. Where does that leave Marvel? Surely they won't be left out, so I imagine they'll get their own 3.0 subset? Or will the main theme be divided between Star Wars and Marvel? Will Marvel 3.0 be Toy Box only, or will they get their own playsets too?
I'm gonna say that Marvel's gonna get the Toy Box-only treatment to make room for more Star Wars sets. Plus besides Inhumans, there aren't anymore playsets that Marvel could possibly want made. Though I'm pretty sure we're gonna get new Marvel figures.

The Mickey figure looks excellent. If the picture on the back of the box is anything to go off of, however, he looks hilarious in-game. Have no idea where they were going with that design.

And

Dat five-figure advertisement campaign for Inside Out.
They did the same thing for Guardians of the Galaxy, & now Rocket Raccoon is the best-selling figure to date. And to be fair, I've heard great things about Inside Out from those who have seen the preview.

LAA

Not sure how infinity works, but does it really work like Infinity 2.0 figures only work on infinity 2.0? Theres no backwards or forward compatibility?
Cause if so, that so sucks.

Isurus

I'm gonna guess that the Marvel figures will be...

- Quicksilver
- Scarlet Witch
- Vision
- Ant-Man
- Black Panther
- Winter Soldier
- Captain Marvel
- Black Bolt
- Medusa

If we get villains, maybe Thanos & Ultron.

I'm really hoping White Tiger gets added as well. My 5 year old daughter is constantly asking for her. She is autistic as well, which has made it challenging. At least I was able to get the White Tiger Power Up coin for her.

Yeah...it is a long shot.

Captain America: Civil War is next summer, and is probably as big for them as the Avengers is at this point.

Set for May 6th, toys could probably release in April. I don't see them releasing past April due to them wanting people to buy the next in Sept. I have doubts about them being able to hold off releasing anything big after the holiday period though. Even if it would probably be a healthy thing to do.

Neoxon

I'm really hoping White Tiger gets added as well. My 5 year old daughter is constantly asking for her. She is autistic as well, which has made it challenging. At least I was able to get the White Tiger Power Up coin for her.

Yeah...it is a long shot.
That depends on if they want to go into Ultimate Spider-Man again as opposed to advertising the new & upcoming MCU films.

Neoxon

You don't know how deep this rabbit hole goes.

“Every idea I brought to the table, they built upon … The script kept telling us what it was meant to be and it was meant to be a love story between these two siblings.” --Kristen Bell, voice of Anna
kill_it_with_fire.gif

BuzzJive

Saving Olaf for 3.0 was a dick move for sure. My 5 year old will likely want Infinity 3.0 just for that. I guess there's always the $40 Black Friday sale. But man I hope they clean up the gameplay a lot, as 2.0 is just not a very good game.

Jawmuncher

Hope the 3.0 box is Star Wars based. With the new film seems like the most logical thing to do. Disney Infinity 3.0 with Vader, Luke, and leia.

I'm gonna say that Marvel's gonna get the Toy Box-only treatment to make room for more Star Wars sets. Plus besides Inhumans, there aren't anymore playsets that Marvel could possibly want made. Though I'm pretty sure we're gonna get new Marvel figures.

They pretty much have to release new Marvel figures, I can't see Marvel getting left out completely this round. But I do wonder which characters we'll see. For cross-promotional purposes, it's obviously far more likely to get characters Disney owns the movie rights to. Thus no X-Men or Fantastic 4 characters (which is a shame). My guesses for possible characters:

Daredevil
Ant-Man
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Vision
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Luke Cage

And there may be a bigger opening for Spider-Man, now that Disney has that deal with Sony, so there could be a few more Spider-Verse characters added as well.

Hope the 3.0 box is Star Wars based. With the new film seems like the most logical thing to do. Disney Infinity 3.0 with Vader, Luke, and leia.

You... you didn't pay attention at all to Disney Infinity before, did you?

2.0 launched with Avengers. And a special edition that had every single one.

Only months later did they launch a 'Disney Edition Toy Box' one with Merida and Stitch.

You can sleep safe knowing there will 100% be the Star Wars bundle.

Neoxon

They pretty much have to release new Marvel figures, I can't see Marvel getting left out completely this round. But I do wonder which characters we'll see. For cross-promotional purposes, it's obviously far more likely to get characters Disney owns the movie rights to. Thus no X-Men or Fantastic 4 characters (which is a shame). My guesses for possible characters:

Daredevil
Ant-Man
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Vision
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Luke Cage

And there may be a bigger opening for Spider-Man, now that Disney has that deal with Sony, so there could be a few more Spider-Verse characters added as well.
Pretty much my guesses as well, except you left out Black Bolt & Medusa (though they could be saved for 4.0), and added Daredevil & Luke Cage. Luke will most likely be his teenage Ultimate Spider-Man self, but I could see Daredevil looking more like he does in the Netflix show when he gets the red suit.

Though you can bet your ass I'll be first in line for the Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch figures
if I have any money left

Jawmuncher

You... you didn't pay attention at all to Disney Infinity before, did you?

2.0 launched with Avengers. And a special edition that had every single one.

Only months later did they launch a 'Disney Edition Toy Box' one with Merida and Stitch.

You can sleep safe knowing there will 100% be the Star Wars bundle.

Was thinking about the marvel box but didn't want to assume it was fact. Since oddly there's no pics of the Star Wars stuff here. But yeah I guess I should have figured as much knowing it's basically 100% happening.

Pretty much my guesses as well, except you left out Black Bolt & Medusa (though they could be saved for 4.0), and added Daredevil & Luke Cage. Luke will most likely be his teenage Ultimate Spider-Man self, but I could see Daredevil looking more like he does in the Netflix show when he gets the red suit.

Though you can bet your ass I'll be first in line for the Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch figures
if I have any money left

Black Bolt and Medusa are possibilities as well. I suppose it really depends on how large the Marvel 3.0 subset is. Disney Originals 3.0 is getting 11, so if it's the same for Marvel, then the ones I named plus Black Bolt and Medusa would make 11 total as well. But I'd also be surprised if there weren't a few Spider-Verse characters in the roster.

To be fair, I'm fairly certain that quote is being taken out of context and the context was Bell pushing for a more empowering message.

But for the Elsanna stuff, yeah. KILL IT.

It is. The movie is obviously about sisterhood and familial love, and that is what she is talking about. Elsanna shippers just like to apply the quote ironically to their incest fantasies.

Neoxon

Black Bolt and Medusa are possibilities as well. I suppose it really depends on how large the Marvel 3.0 subset is. Disney Originals 3.0 is getting 11, so if it's the same for Marvel, then the ones I named plus Black Bolt and Medusa would make 11 total as well. But I'd also be surprised if there weren't a few Spider-Verse characters in the roster.
The only Spider-Man character I can see them adding is Doc Ock, & that depends on their stance on villains.

Yaaas Mulan! I don't play but I've been collecting a few here and there. Definitely getting Mulan, might get TRON (is that TRON? I can't see how many discs it's holding)

The only Spider-Man character I can see them adding is Doc Ock, & that depends on their stance on villains.

With Loki, Venom, Ronan, Green Goblin, and Yondu already released, I think they're clearly willing to stray from heroes only. It's more likely we'd get Doc Ock than Punisher. I'd think Sandman and Electro would also be strong possibilities, given that they're a little more mainstream characters, both being in Spidey movies.

Neoxon

With Loki, Venom, Ronan, Green Goblin, and Yondu already released, I think they're clearly willing to stray from heroes only. It's more likely we'd get Doc Ock than Punisher. I'd think Sandman and Electro would also be strong possibilities, given that they're a little more mainstream characters, both being in Spidey movies.
Yondu isn't exactly a villain, but I meant more of villains on their own without a playset.

Yay, more Disney orignals! Little upset at "Classic Mickey" since we already got a Mickey, but then it's Disney.

Hoping for way more classics coming.

Yondu isn't exactly a villain, but I meant more of villains on their own without a playset.

Sure, Yondu's not necessarily a "villain," but he's also not a "hero."

Regarding villains without playsets, all of the 2.0 villains will presumably only be available in 3.0's Toy Box mode, so it wouldn't seem out of the ordinary to have new 3.0 Marvel villains available only in the Toy Box mode as well.

Also where's the Star Wars? I don't see any images of any SW characters.

Go look up the Gentle Giant Star Wars Animated maquettes, then imagine them way smaller. You'll pretty much have the idea.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Star Wars and Tron is going to break my Disney Infinity abstinence streak...dammit.

Anybody want to buy a whole damn lot of Skylanders?

Neoxon

Star Wars and Tron is going to break my Disney Infinity abstinence streak...dammit.

Anybody want to buy a whole damn lot of Skylanders?
Tron Legacy is likely only getting 2 figures for now, seeing as they're figures that didn't get finished in time for 2.0. Most of the focus (& the murdering of your wallet) will be on Star Wars.

mreddie

What I predict for 3.0

Starter Pack
Luke
Leia
Darth Vader

Star Wars:
Han
Chewy
Finn
Daisy
Obi-Wan
Maybe some Rebels characters.

Marvel:
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Ant-Man (Maybe Wasp)
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Black Panther

The Inside Out overload and another Mickey figure might be doing it too much. Interesting DI is telling some sites to take down the leaks. Also, isn't it that time to talk about 3.0?

Ramirez

I wish Inifinity was a fun game, I have to play both with my son and Skylanders is fleshed out so much better.

I also find it lame how limiting the play sets are. The toy box stuff is really lame, well all the dev picks I downloaded were anyways.

I don't really see why you can't race around NYC using Lightning McQueen or whatever. Doesn't make sense, sure, but it makes me wary of purchasing too many of these. The way Skylanders are compatible in future games is pretty amazing in comparison.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Olaf is mine. Gonna wait on a big price drop on a starter set this time.

Really hope I can at least use the 3.0 figures in the 2.0 toy box.

Neoxon

In Toy Box, almost assuredly. Anything beyond that, probably not, but there's maybe an outside chance that the 2.0 Marvel characters might be compatible with 3.0 Marvel playsets, if there are any.
Honestly, there aren't anymore Marvel playsets they could release.

Pachimari

I had 18 figures and sold them all for $40. I'll never buy figures again, even if the quality is real nice.

Of this set, I like the Mickey, Minnie and Olaf figures and that's it though.

Would love to see Daredevil get a figure but either in his Netflix black one or the comics red one.

But the Infinity games themselves suck, which is very unfortunate. :(

Top Bottom