• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0: Mulan, Star Wars, Mickey/Minnie, Quorra/Flynn, Olaf, Inside Out

Neoxon

What I predict for 3.0

Starter Pack
Luke
Leia
Darth Vader

Star Wars:
Han
Chewy
Finn
Daisy
Obi-Wan
Maybe some Rebels characters.

Marvel:
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Ant-Man (Maybe Wasp)
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Black Panther

The Inside Out overload and another Mickey figure might be doing it too much. Interesting DI is telling some sites to take down the leaks. Also, isn't it that time to talk about 3.0?
I'm pretty sure Star Wars is getting 3 playsets. Two of which will definitely be for the Original Trilogy & Rebels. If The Force Awakens will get one remains to be seen, but I could see the Prequels getting a playset if Lucasfilms doesn't want to show their hand for Disney Infinity 3.0 just yet.

As someone who spent Wayy too much on 2.0 they need massive changes for me to come back.

More players (why I can't play 1.0 playssets is rediculous ) , better toy mode which is just boring and being able to use all figured in any playset .

Waste of time buying new ones because it's just boring toy box levels .

ElNino

Saving Olaf for 3.0 was a dick move for sure. My 5 year old will likely want Infinity 3.0 just for that. I guess there's always the $40 Black Friday sale. But man I hope they clean up the gameplay a lot, as 2.0 is just not a very good game.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that. They've made two games and have thus far not created a compelling game in practice, imo.

On paper, the idea sounds great which is why my kids have both games and quite a few of the characters. The reality is that they play with the figures on their own far more than they ever boot up the games. The same can't be said for Skylanders at least, where the games are pretty good for the most part.

botty

Banned
Star Wars is kind of the last hope for Disney Infinity (the game). I don't think the software has gotten anyone excited since the initial reveal. Hopefully the Star Wars team forces them to invest in something major for it.

Star Wars is kind of the last hope for Disney Infinity (the game). I don't think the software has gotten anyone excited since the initial reveal. Hopefully the Star Wars team forces them to invest in something major for it.

But your tag says you love it!

They must be betting big on Inside Out. Mulan's gonna make a man out of you. I wonder if they're going to bet a lot on SON OF FLYNN this go round

Neoxon

Didn't the Marvel figures sell like hotcakes?

Rlan

Fascinating that there are toys for every major character for inside out, yet (assumedly) no core game part.

SegaShack

Anyone else waiting for Disney Infinity for Disney's clasic films of the 40s and 50s? Would love some Peter Pan and Pinocchio. Guess they'd rather market their new stuff though.

1 was Pixar and Johnny Depp Edition. 2 is Marvel Edition. This one seems a bit all over the place. Just go for the classic films, those are timeless and would make great playsets IMO.

Toad.T

Banned
I understand that they want to stretch this series for as long as possible (They called it their platform at one point), but this whole release of classic/traditional Disney figures is just mismatched. All 5 IO emotions? (2.0 only had Hiro and Baymax from BH6, not the whole team.) Two Tron figures but nothing from Lion King yet? A 3rd Mickey instead of Goofy? And as previous members have said, what about the Muppets or the 40's/50's characters? Are all unused series going to be just Power Disc fodder?

For that matter, what about 4.0? Something's going to be added to act as the marketing punch for the game, (Like Marvel with 2.0 and Star Wars with 3.0) but what? Kingdom Hearts? Ghibli? Lucasfilm?

RobbieNick

With Star Wars being the main theme, I'm surprised this wasn't announced at SW Celebration. Also, it's been a year since the previous one was announced. Skylanders Trap Team too. Guess both companies are announcing them later than usual this year.

AniHawk

Fuck all that when's MABEL ?!

tumblr_m8xocbvKmK1r7ms4po1_500.gif

4.0 will be centered around the crazy happenings of gravity falls. i need floating flaming head stan.

RobbieNick

Son of a bitch I thought the Tron figures were part of 2.0, ugh that is disappointing.

They were. They're even have statues if you unlock them in 2.0 and the tablet versions have them for free. This is the first time brand new figs will likely be BC with a previous version of the game.

Didn't the Marvel figures sell like hotcakes?

They are, same with the figures last year and Skylanders figures for the last four years. Toys 2 life figures are outselling normal action figures, they're not going to go anywhere because people outside the targeted audience think the games are underwhelming.

Neoxon

Anyone else waiting for Disney Infinity for Disney's clasic films of the 40s and 50s? Would love some Peter Pan and Pinocchio. Guess they'd rather market their new stuff though.

1 was Pixar and Johnny Depp Edition. 2 is Marvel Edition. This one seems a bit all over the place. Just go for the classic films, those are timeless and would make great playsets IMO.
3 will be Star Wars, & 4 may be Classic Disney.

I kinda hope it is more like Infinity 1.

Starter
Luke - IV-VI playset
Obi-Wan - I-III playset
Rey - VII playset

Single
Han Solo(OT design figure, OT and VII playsets)
Leia(OT design, OT and VII playsets)
Vader(OT playset, Rebels playset)
Boba Fett(Toybox)(Jango costume)
Yoda(I-III playset)
Anakin(I-III playset)
Padme(toybox or playset)
Sidious
Finn(VII playset)
Kylo(VII playset)
Sabine(Rebels playset)
Kanan(Rebels playset)
Ahsoka
(Rebels playset)
Indiana Jones (Toybox)

Additional Playset Rebels
Ezra and Hera with playset piece

Team up
BB-8
R2D2
Chewbacca
Zeb

Marvel
Wasp( usable in 2.0's Avengers playset)
Captain Marvel(usable in 2.0's Avengers playset)

Neoxon

I kinda hope it is more like Infinity 1.

Starter
Luke - IV-VI playset
Obi-Wan - I-III playset
Rey - VII playset

Single
Han Solo(OT design figure, OT and VII playsets)
Leia(OT design, OT and VII playsets)
Vader(OT playset, Rebels playset)
Boba Fett(Toybox)(Jango costume)
Yoda(I-III playset)
Anakin(I-III playset)
Padme(toybox or playset)
Sidious
Finn(VII playset)
Kylo(VII playset)
Sabine(Rebels playset)
Kanan(Rebels playset)
Ahsoka
(Rebels playset)
Indiana Jones (Toybox)

Additional Playset Rebels
Ezra and Hera with playset piece

Team up
BB-8
R2D2
Chewbacca
Zeb

Marvel
Wasp( usable in 2.0's Avengers playset)
Captain Marvel(usable in 2.0's Avengers playset)
I have a gut feeling it'll just be 3 playsets like they did for the Marvel ones.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Few thoughts as someone who recently got into Infinity with 2.0:

1) Glad they're making physical figures of the Tron characters. Was afraid they might stay on iPad or whatever. I'm wit it.

2) Seems like the release is similar to 2.0 in the sense of limited, SW-specific playsets and that's it? Shame, because I really think they should be going all out on playsets above everything else. I mean, if anyone has played the games they know replayability and the limitations of playsets are really what are stopping this franchise from being on another level (furthermore, the Spider-Man one is so painfully mundane and repetitive coming off of The Avengers), and IMHO they should just be churning them out, and digging more into classic/properties that are just turning into a mound of missed opportunities they might not have later on.

3) I don't think Marvel figures will be neglected, but this time the non-SW figures will be sharing space with what was only Disney Originals last time. I expect 2-4, also anticipating more figures in general. Then again, if these are all the Originals, I presume we might see the same amount of Marvel Super Heroes too. If we're being conservative, I'd guess:

The Vision
Ant-Man
Ultron
Dr. Strange
Black Panther

Would love Captain Marvel as her in-game model is just wonderful.

4) I wonder where they'll go in terms of Star Wars figures, specifically. Will kids of today buy another lightsaber-wielding figure with similar powers in robe? I think there's a lot to choose from and we'll see fan favourites like Maul make an appearance because of how distinct they are. Regardless, count on someone like Vader not being part of a starter pack.

Neoxon

Few thoughts as someone who recently got into Infinity with 2.0:

1) Glad they're making physical figures of the Tron characters. Was afraid they might stay on iPad or whatever. I'm wit it.

2) Seems like the release is similar to 2.0 in the sense of limited, SW-specific playsets and that's it? Shame, because I really think they should be going all out on playsets above everything else. I mean, if anyone has played the games they know replayability and the limitations of playsets are really what are stopping this franchise from being on another level (furthermore, the Spider-Man one is so painfully mundane and repetitive coming off of The Avengers), and IMHO they should just be churning them out, and digging more into classic/properties that are just turning into a mound of missed opportunities they might not have later on.

3) I don't think Marvel figures will be neglected, but this time the non-SW figures will be sharing space with what was only Disney Originals last time. I expect 2-4, also anticipating more figures in general. Then again, if these are all the Originals, I presume we might see the same amount of Marvel Super Heroes too. If we're being conservative, I'd guess:

• Vision
  • Ant-Man
  • Dr. Strange
  • Black Panther
  • Quicksilver
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Captain Marvel
  • (Maybe) Ultron
Would love Captain Marvel as her in-game model is just wonderful.

4) I wonder where they'll go in terms of Star Wars figures, specifically. Will kids of today buy another lightsaber-wielding figure with similar powers in robe? I think there's a lot to choose from and we'll see fan favourites like Maul make an appearance because of how distinct they are. Regardless, count on someone like Vader not being part of a starter pack.
FTFY

We aren't sure if they'll do villains without a playset since none of the 2.0 Disney Originals had villains. If they do, then I'll say Ultron is a safe bet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FTFY

We aren't sure if they'll do villains without a playset since none of the 2.0 Disney Originals had villains. If they do, then I'll say Ultron is a safe bet.
He's not really a villain in the story I guess, but Venom is a well known Spidey villain was one of their highest selling figures, and given the nature and theatrics of Ultron I can see that being something to pursue.

Pretty hard to bet against anything from Age of Ultron TBH but I was just being conservative because they can only push out so many figures to shelves. I wouldn't even throw out the idea of a Hulkbuster figure that's plays like Hulk/Baymax etc.

EDIT: For reference, recent surveys also polled for an Ultron figure, so there is hope. Also gives some better expectations for SW and DO figures.

Neoxon

He's not really a villain in the story I guess, but Venom is a well known Spidey villain was one of their highest selling figures, and given the nature and theatrics of Ultron I can see that being something to pursue.

Pretty hard to bet against anything from Age of Ultron TBH but I was just being conservative because they can only push out so many figures to shelves. I wouldn't even throw out the idea of a Hulkbuster figure that's plays like Hulk/Baymax etc.

EDIT: For reference, recent surveys also polled for an Ultron figure, so there is hope. Also gives some better expectations for SW and DO figures.
DO?

SegaShack

I think I'd like to see Disney flesh out the Infinity games more than do annual editions. A solid base game they could update every year or so for new playsets would be best IMO.

Were Mickey and Minnie not in this before? What the hell?

Minnie? No
Mickey was in Infinity 1.

Donald was in 2.
Seems like they are doing one original classic per game. Minnie is 3, Goofy will likely be 4.

Just like their 90's classics there is no way they'd blow them on one game.
1 was Toy Story, 2 Aladdin, 3 likely Mulan,
4 will probably be Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid will come whenever they work water in and so on.

Kinda hoping 2nd versions of characters(Mickey) are mostly just a costume swap.
I wouldn't mind a classic Maleficent, then i'd be likely to buy here.

Slayven

Boy, are YOU out of the loop!

"Elsanna" is an internationally recognized OTP (or "one true pair"). It notably occurred independently in NA, Korea, and Italy upon the local releases of the film and eventually the fanbases found one another. Basically, a population of Frozen fans find the sisters so attractive together that they have rationalized incest so they can pair the sisters romantically.

Some (many) Elsanna shippers even believe Disney is aware of the fanbase and cite many, many official products and merchandise that seems to allude to a romance or sexual subtext between the two sisters.
Really shows the immaturity of a fandom when 2 characters can't love each other without them wanting to fuck. Friends and family members love each other all the time.

SmithnCo

The Inside Out figures look really cute even from the blurry shot. Might pick up a few, and and Tron merch is always good.

weevles

3.0 Star Wars base set will have Anakin and Ahsoka! Image was revealed today I think. Ahsoka's dual wielding in a passive pose, but she still looks pretty badass!

MattyG

Banned
Since it's gone, here's the article text;

It looks like Disney Infinity is travelling to a galaxy far, far away for version 3.0 A German retailer listed preorders for Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars on PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Wii U, with a German release date of August 20.

The listings include images of the starter pack, seen above, which comes with Anakin Skywalker and Ahsok Tano figures, plus a playset piece. The cover art also shows Darth Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Princess Leia, R2-D2 and C-3PO.

The starter packs are priced at €69.99 on Xbox One and PS4 and €59.99 for PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U. Disney has not yet officially confirmed the release.

ComicBook.com has reached out to Disney Interactive for comment. They responded, saying, "Disney has no comment on Disney Infinity 3.0 at this time."

Interesting. So they are going with the prequels for the main content? I'm not a big fan of anakin, not sure how I feel about this.

Since the new movie only will be out at the end of the year, I guess they cannot spoil anything right now

But only 2 figures at the starter set???

Top Bottom