• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 | Review Thread

Miljinor

Beat Buy employees are totally clueless about the Toybox Takeover preorder bonus. They all thought it was a digital download code that you're supposed to receive via email. After much debate between myself and customer service, they finally went in the back and realized it was in a separate box and pulled them out to distribute to preordering customers.

gsrjedi

I'm almost tempted to pick up the starter pack, but I have no need for a 3rd base and would prefer the game digitally. Sitting here refreshing the Xbox store page hoping for a change.

Hex

Banned
Target pick up was Sabine, Corra, Stitch and Aladdin.
They did not ring up at the sale price but was an easy fix.
Going to order the other odds and ends online

Just picked up the PS4 bundle, Yoda, Sam Flynn and few others. I wanted to review for my site, but my kids won't give me a few seconds alone with the game, so guess that will have to wait.Time to break out all the 1.0/2.0 infinity characters and have some fun.

Hex

Banned
Just a heads up, sidekick pack for 14.95 at Amazon with prime.
3 figs for 14.95, Mike Oz, Barbosa, and The mom from the Incredibles
Here

If I buy the Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Pack with the two Star Wars characters, does that give me access to every character in the game? For example, could I unlock Woody or Buzz in game for free, or is it compulsory to buy the character packs in a shop?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Does someone wanna throw together a quick OT even if it just means posting what you bought today to make it a thread? LoL

If I buy the Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Pack with the two Star Wars characters, does that give me access to every character in the game? For example, could I unlock Woody or Buzz in game for free, or is it compulsory to buy the character packs in a shop?

You have to buy the physical toys and place them on the Toy Pad in order to use them.

Hellers

For those asking about digital (at least on Playstation)

http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/08...-playstation-systems-releasing-one-day-later/

"Heads up to the Playstation players out there who are purchasing the game digitally, you will not be able to play the game at launch. The Playstation digital edition will be available the following day, Monday August 31st.

Nintendo and Microsoft systems are unaffected. The digital titles for those systems will still launch on Sunday, August 30th."

I bought the PSN digital version for convenience and that's what I've been using. Works fine in the UK

Hex

Banned
Does someone wanna throw together a quick OT even if it just means posting what you bought today to make it a thread? LoL

Am surprised that there was not one to be honest.

Anyway, my total dive in haul....

Pre-ordered (arriving tomorror)
Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition: Star Wars Saga Bundle PS4 with Fett

Target pick ups:

Sabine
Corra
Stitch
Aladdin

Amazon pick ups.

Jack Skellington
Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey
Sidekick pack (Mike Wozowski, Captain Barbossa and Mrs. Incredible)
Halloween Town Sky powerdisk.

(Still want to pick up Mulan from Best Buy, Kanan from Walmart, Ezra possibly from Toys R Us)

fernoca

Well, downloafing now on Wii U.

Will go out later to pick a new figure since I only have some from 1.0 and 2.0, and Amazon will send a few from 3.0 this week.

10GB download, which is around 2 hours.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Being new to the series and planning on jumping in at 3.0, can anyone explain to me how the existing (older) figures are used and for that matter, any that are not tied to play sets?

mreddie

Being new to the series and planning on jumping in at 3.0, can anyone explain to me how the existing (older) figures are used and for that matter, any that are not tied to play sets?

If you have a Marvel figure, a new playset is coming for them next year.

The Disney ones are just in the Toy Box, the Inside Out ones do have their playset though.

Megatron

Can anyone confirm if there are achievements/trophies for toy box takeover? I would think there have to be since it is stand alone, but not seeing confirmation online.

Hex

Banned
If I am not mistaken you can also download maps/missions?
(Though of course there are no 3.0 ones yet)

vongruetz

Banned
Can anyone confirm if there are achievements/trophies for toy box takeover? I would think there have to be since it is stand alone, but not seeing confirmation online.

No, all the trophies in the game are restricted to the Toy Box. It looks to be the easiest Platinum of them all.

Need some advice, purchased the pre order of disney infinity starter pack(For the ps4) already shipped, should be arriving sometime this week(The toy box pre order bonus says "Preparing for shipment" not sure when that will ship) any who, saw online that Target and Best buy are having deals for disney infinity characters, not sure which one is the best offer..I have GCU, the buy 3 get 1 free at best buy is good but not sure if for infinity characters they take off GCU..and the buy 2 for 20 bucks at target sounds good as well..are those two options the best for getting disney infinity characters..and which characters do you all recommend this is my first time actually playing with disney infinity

Hex

Banned
Need some advice, purchased the pre order of disney infinity starter pack(For the ps4) already shipped, should be arriving sometime this week(The toy box pre order bonus says "Preparing for shipment" not sure when that will ship) any who, saw online that Target and Best buy are having deals for disney infinity characters, not sure which one is the best offer..I have GCU, the buy 3 get 1 free at best buy is good but not sure if for infinity characters they take off GCU..and the buy 2 for 20 bucks at target sounds good as well..are those two options the best for getting disney infinity characters..and which characters do you all recommend this is my first time actually playing with disney infinity

I will be honest, I was looking at Walmart.com and they have quite a few figures under $10 so you may want to peek through there too.

I will be honest, I was looking at Walmart.com and they have quite a few figures under $10 so you may want to peek through there too.

Yeah I will check out walmart as well. I was looking at the Inside Out 3 pack but none of those characters interest me, the ones that come separately look nicer..toys r us has buy 1 get the 2nd one 50 percent off..just not sure which characters are recommended this is my first time buying these guys

Hex

Banned
Depends on which version you have & plan to buy. My 1.0 PS3 base didn't work with the Xbox One 2.0

Xbox does not play well with the rest of the class.

Actually a question that I guess I need to know the answer to...
Infinity account...do I need to make one? Or will it use my PS4 account or is it a separate thing?

jesu

Xbox does not play well with the rest of the class.

Actually a question that I guess I need to know the answer to...
Infinity account...do I need to make one? Or will it use my PS4 account or is it a separate thing?

I think you need one if you want to download other peoples toy boxes.

ArrrrghX

Neo Member
For those on the fence - I am absolutely blown away by the quality of this game and the sheer amount of things to do in the hub world alone.

The music is gorgeous, the graphics can be very nice in some places, and the gameplay is spot on. Space flight is tight, combat is fun, and Sumo did a great job with the racing as evident in the opening gameplay sequence.

I liked 1.0, begrudgingly played 2.0 despite the quality, and they've won me back with 3.0.

Hellers

Does anyone know if it's possible to restart a playset from scratch rather than replay missions? I really fancy playing through the star wars ones again but from scratch

Hex

Banned
One interesting thing, while I was at Target on one of the signs for the 3.0 stuff there was a figure for either a young Tarzan or I guess it could have been Mowgli though I am leaning toward Tarzan. Anyone know what it is from?

Edit: Ah I watched the D23 presentation, it is from The Good Dinosaur

Great news. Thanks for the update! :D

Now I just have to wait for my Inside Out play set to get here the next day :( Only Amazon downside.

EDIT: Any solid impressions on which platform seems to perform better? I'd guess PS4 as usual.

I've only played 3.0 on PS4 so far and I've yet to experience any frame rate drop in normal gameplay. It's the best I've ever seen this franchise run and I'm so happy I'm finally getting a closer game to what I thought 1.0 was going to be.

One interesting thing, while I was at Target on one of the signs for the 3.0 stuff there was a figure for either a young Tarzan or I guess it could have been Mowgli though I am leaning toward Tarzan. Anyone know what it is from?

Kid from Pixar's upcoming The Good Dinosaur.

11874028_10206294129125576_281963090_n.jpg

Decisions decision..I have 3 infinity characters in my shopping cart now have to decide on which free one I should get(Also not sure if I should get Mickey Mouse that one is already in my shopping carter) Obi-Wan, Olaf, or quorra not sure which one I should get, or if I should take out Mickey mouse and pick two from that list..Gonna stop by Target in a few to see if they have any infinity characters in stock but if not Im not sure which ones I should get

gsrjedi

Almost none of the stores in my area got the Anakin/Ahsoka playset in. No WalMart, Target, or Best Buy did at least. Had to go back to Toys R Us to pick it up. Still waiting on the Xbox One digital to be available.

taoofjord

Ugh, I picked up the Saga Bundle and I'm just not digging the game at all. Anyone know how Best Buy would handle returns on this? I didn't open Luke, Leia, or Boba Fett so do you think they'd be able to let me return those and then I can trade in the opened game, portal, Anakin and Ashoka to Gamestop? Or would it better for me to just sell this on eBay?

Ugh, I picked up, the Saga Bundle and I'm just not digging the game at all. Anyone know how Best Buy would handle returns on this? I didn't open Luke, Leia, or Boba Fett so do you think they'd be able to let me return those and then I can trade in the opened game, portal, Anakin and Ashoka to Gamestop? Or would it better for me to just sell this on eBay?

Sorry to hear that. What dont you like about it? This is my first venture into Infinity and I'm worried the same will happen to me :(

taoofjord

Sorry to hear that. What dont you like about it? This is my first venture into Infinity and I'm worried the same will happen to me :(

It's not a bad game, I'm just not finding it enjoyable enough to warrant the high price. I've got limited time for the rest of the year so I'm being especially picky.

The main thing is that I don't find the feel of the character movement and combat to be that great. As far as similar games go, I find Skylanders: Swap Force to be just right. Obviously 3.0's combat is mechanically superior, so if that's what interests you (and you're cool with a "light" version of that kind of character action combat) then you may enjoy it just fine.

The game does look great and for people that dig the gameplay the Toy Box mode seems really neat.

gsrjedi

Just left the house & of course the Xbox One digital version goes live. Hopefully it'll be downloaded by the time I get home

Top Bottom