• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 | Review Thread

Hex

Banned
Decided to postpone my Toys R Us order and will run up to Target on my lunch break and see what I can score.

Is there a Cliffs notes version of how this game works? I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about with bases and figures and toy boxes and WTF. I was going to start digging through reviews to find out, but I figure you guys might do an even better job of summarizing it . . .

graffix13

Is there a Cliffs notes version of how this game works? I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about with bases and figures and toy boxes and WTF. I was going to start digging through reviews to find out, but I figure you guys might do an even better job of summarizing it . . .

I am in the same boat. I am buying this today due to my (unhealthy) Star Wars obsession but I have no idea how any of this works.

Can I just buy the game, bases (?) And the 2 figures for around $60? I saw the Starter pack is around $115 but I don't know what that entails. Just more figures?

Chairhome

There are two ways to play: Toy Box and Playsets. Playsets are franchise specific, so only characters from that franchise can be used to play through a certain playset (Star Wars characters on Star Wars playsets). Playsets are like campaigns, set levels with cinematics and voice acting.

Toy Box will let you play as any character, and you can either build your own levels or download pre-made or user made ones. There are many figures (such as the ones from older Disney films) that are only useable in Toy Box mode.

graffix13

There are two ways to play: Toy Box and Playsets. Playsets are franchise specific, so only characters from that franchise can be used to play through a certain playset (Star Wars characters on Star Wars playsets). Playsets are like campaigns, set levels with cinematics and voice acting.

Toy Box will let you play as any character, and you can either build your own levels or download pre-made or user made ones. There are many figures (such as the ones from older Disney films) that are only useable in Toy Box mode.

Just get the $65. All the additional stuff comes out to be the same price if you buy them separetely.

Awesome. Thanks!

Chairhome

Sorry, one last thing, if you're playing on playstation, the Boba Fett that comes with that larger package is an exclusive until Jan of next year. Just a fyi

And the Original Trilogy playset is exclusive to the limited edition till 9/29... (which is why I went with the limited edition)
:/

graffix13

Sorry, one last thing, if you're playing on playstation, the Boba Fett that comes with that larger package is an exclusive until Jan of next year. Just a fyi

So I won't be able to buy Boba seperatly? I am not a huge Boba fan (more of a Jango fan) but I have a buddy that loves him.

jond76

Banned
Is there no digital version for Xbox? The smartglass app just says "Play on Xbox One" and the web store says "Not Available".

I would buy it this second.

Edit: Nevermind, saw the discussion on last page.

Hellers

Just finished the main plot for the sequel stuff. Very very good fun. Shame the video I uploaded to Youtube got muted in seconds. They really need to figure out a way to deal with ingame audio.

I'm going to try the Inside Out stuff next.

chrislowe

Ok. Grabbed it to ps4 since I got it cheap. Also got some extra figures but see that two of them are from infinity 1.0 (rapunzel and anna from frozen) so hope they work... :/

Neoxon

Ok. Grabbed it to ps4 since I got it cheap. Also got some extra figures but see that two of them are from infinity 1.0 (rapunzel and anna from frozen) so hope they work... :/
All figures, regardless of their version of origin, will work.

ChrisDM

For those asking about digital (at least on Playstation)

http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/08...-playstation-systems-releasing-one-day-later/

"Heads up to the Playstation players out there who are purchasing the game digitally, you will not be able to play the game at launch. The Playstation digital edition will be available the following day, Monday August 31st.

Nintendo and Microsoft systems are unaffected. The digital titles for those systems will still launch on Sunday, August 30th."

Neoxon

http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/08...-playstation-systems-releasing-one-day-later/

"Heads up to the Playstation players out there who are purchasing the game digitally, you will not be able to play the game at launch. The Playstation digital edition will be available the following day, Monday August 31st.

Nintendo and Microsoft systems are unaffected. The digital titles for those systems will still launch on Sunday, August 30th."
That's odd, why activate the PlayStation versions a day later?

She can play any Star Wars playset.

have a look on the back of sabines packaging says she can play in the Star Wars playsets too :)

Thanks. I'll use her then.

I figured she'd be available fully in Toy Box, but need to be unlocked by finding a collectible disc in the play sets. I meant to add that last part.

Going to start it this afternoon, probably after the baseball game. I feel like garbage due to a head cold, but want to play through it and get a review up.

Neoxon

Thanks. I'll use her then.

I figured she'd be available fully in Toy Box, but need to be unlocked by finding a collectible disc in the play sets. I meant to add that last part.

Going to start it this afternoon, probably after the baseball game. I feel like garbage due to a head cold, but want to play through it and get a review up.
You need to find her Crossover Coin to unlock her in each Star Wars play set, though.

Despite getting "release date delivery" on Amazon.com it appears that my package is tracking to arrive on September 3rd. The weird thing is that it arrived at my post office this morning. I'm hoping that expected arrival date is just an error and that it actually arrives today.

Grabbed Zeb.

Now to wait for my Best Buy Online order of the starter set to get here tomorrow. It was difficult to not purchase one today, but I have plenty of other stuff to keep my busy. Looks like the Toy Box Takeover isn't on backorder anymore either, and that is preparing to ship.

chrislowe

Btw Its on sale for like 20 euros on european Wii U store right now (3.0).
Was gonna get that and buy an 2.0 starter kit today but as mentioned earlier got it cheaper for ps4.

Dragoshi1

Picked up the Saga edition with the free toy box takeover game, and Sabine.

I cannot believe the toy box takeover would have cost 21.99.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Sorry if this is a dumb question.....so what do you get with the digital version if you don't have any of the figures or playsets?

ta155

Holidaying in the States and very excited to see how much cheaper the 3.0 stuff is here than back in the UK. Basically getting 3 for 2 on figures compared to how much I pay back home. It's a dangerous addiction...

gsrjedi

Went by Target this morning and the figures weren't ringing up right. Picked up 6 figures, then to TRU for Ezra & WalMart for Kanan. Just waiting for the Xbox One digital version to become available.

ChrisDM

For those in the know about the digital version, is it Toy Box only or does it at least come with that base playset that is in the starter kit?

EDIT: Gonna continue to search the topic for this answer and post if I find it. Sorry if this is a repetitive question!

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
For those in the know about the digital version, is it Toy Box only or does it at least come with that base playset that is in the starter kit?

It's Toy Box only - old bases work with the 3.0 so you'll just need to buy the playsets separately (Star Warals and Inside Out).

chrislowe

First impression after 5 minutes of playtime.
The graphics on PS4 is choppy!. Feels like its like 20-25fps, and shadows and reflections that jitters.
Its already got a patch 1.0.1 @ 250MB.

Hope gameplay will be nice anyway.

ChrisDM

It's Toy Box only - old bases work with the 3.0 so you'll just need to buy the playsets separately (Star Warals and Inside Out).

Had a feeling since it was a similar situation for 2.0. Is the one that is sold in the Starter Kit sold separately? (Looks like it is!) Saving roughly $10 is nice then!

vongruetz

Banned

According to tweets from JV, they changed it so it was going to be available on PlayStation today as well. The question is when.

https://twitter.com/JohnVignocchi/status/637387963844812800

OneUh8

Grabbed the starter set at Best Buy and it did indeed come with the Toy Box Takeover. I also went to Target and grabbed Yoda and Sabine. I think that is good to start with!

jond76

Banned
I wonder if I buy this digital if I will get toy box takeover or if it will be available separately. I really want this digitally.

Ecto311

Man walmart has nothing out and xbox is not releasing the download yet. Good thing I got the day off to play with my daughter. What the fuck is going on with those 2. Xbox holding it back for some reason? My only option is to drive an hour to target and get the core set that has it all at this point. Never seen a game be this fucked on release as far as wanting to play it - not even speaking for the servers or game issues.

At this point I'm highly skeptical about all the digital versions. I just really hate the discs and need to go digital. Well, if I need to wait then so be it.
Well they are selling the Twilight of the Republic playset stand-alone. But yeah it's really dumb that I can walk into a store right now and buy the playset but I have to wait to download a digital copy.

jim2011

Wow at all the nostalgia in its opening tutorials. So much fantastic music. Going from Danny Elfman's spider-man theme to the themes from nightmare before christmas to lion king to Tron Legacy to Star Wars....etc. I think its probably the best soundtrack ever for a game.

Top Bottom