• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) announced (early 2018)

Karsha

Any chances that this will have flashy ultimates like the psp version instead of the boring attacks of the arcade one?

Fiendcode

It runs on NesicaxLive. That means Taito Type X series hardware, they don't make bespoke PS4 based hardware for their network.

http://nesica.net/playtitle/?pg=6

Despite the early PR it seems Dissidia actually uses TX3. The platform is moddable though so perhaps they threw an Radeon HD 7870 in there instead.

SQUARE ENIX® announced that DISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY® NT will make its North American debut on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system in early 2018. Developed in partnership with veteran fighting game studio, Team NINJA from KOEI TECMO GAMES, this team-based brawler pits legendary heroes and villains from the FINAL FANTASY franchise together in epic and strategic team battles.

Offering strategic online and offline play, players can select from over 20 legendary characters and familiar summons, including Ifrit, Shiva and Odin, to bring into 3 vs. 3 battle. The game also brings back the DISSIDIA series’ unique “bravery combat system,” alongside unparalleled visuals and seamless gameplay.

The DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT announcement trailer is available at: https://youtu.be/bUkhDTVAOko.

Tune in to a deep dive panel with Producer Ichiro Hazama, Director Takeo Kujiraoka, Justin Wong of Echo Fox and K-Brad at the E3 Coliseum on Tuesday June 13th @ 3:15 p.m. (Pacific). The E3 Coliseum will be streamed on Twitch and YouTube. More information can be found here - https://www.e3expo.com/show-info/3203/e3-coliseum/ .

No mention of Noctis in the SE press release :(

DKHF

Press release, confirms an E3 Coliseum panel

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT REDEFINES THE BRAWLER GENRE
Legendary FINAL FANTASY Characters Team Up In Exhilarating Battle

LOS ANGELES (Jun. 7, 2017) – SQUARE ENIX® announced that DISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY® NT will make its North American debut on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system in early 2018. Developed in partnership with veteran fighting game studio, Team NINJA from KOEI TECMO GAMES, this team-based brawler pits legendary heroes and villains from the FINAL FANTASY franchise together in epic and strategic team battles.

Offering strategic online and offline play, players can select from over 20 legendary characters and familiar summons, including Ifrit, Shiva and Odin, to bring into 3 vs. 3 battle. The game also brings back the DISSIDIA series' unique ”bravery combat system," alongside unparalleled visuals and seamless gameplay.

The DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT announcement trailer is available at: https://youtu.be/bUkhDTVAOko.

Tune in to a deep dive panel with Producer Ichiro Hazama, Director Takeo Kujiraoka, Justin Wong of Echo Fox and K-Brad at the E3 Coliseum on Tuesday June 13th @ 3:15 p.m. (Pacific). The E3 Coliseum will be streamed on Twitch and YouTube. More information can be found here - https://www.e3expo.com/show-info/3203/e3-coliseum/ .

This title is not yet rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.

Nightfall

The character select screen looks like you can just select from a variety of spikey anime hair styles.

Still excited for it though

Styles

omg, finally.

ZXLRI2G.gif

Wow yes!!! I was so sure it wouldn't be announced anytime soon cause of the character roster but I'm so happy it's coming out at least! Plus Noctis is in it!!! Best part right here!!!

Oh I really hope they give him an optional costume of his Punished Noctis look! Oh what the heck just make it his default look!
HAHAHA!!!
Man that must suck having it leaked by Amazon.

Loona

Can I choose between action-based and turn-based combat again? Is that what "brave system" stands for?

Apparently it's a damage system brought from the Tactics games - there are 2 kinds of damage/attacks, Brave and HP.

Brave attacks steal a certain amount of Brave from your opponent, and HP attacks apply the character's current amount of Brave to the opponent's HP, so basically there can be some back-and-forth with Brave attacks and attempts to chip away at an opponent's HP gradually with multiple weak HP attacks, or try to rack up as much Brave as possible and end an opponent with a single HP attack.

one of the worst I have ever seen

Yeah, I've been waiting for this game to get a console port for the FF fan-service... but never really took a close look at gameplay with the UI. Not stoked on it. Maybe they'll clean it up, or impressions of it being fine once you play for a bit will win me over.

Caim

Yeah, I've been waiting for this game to get a console port for the FF fan-service... but never really took a close look at gameplay with the UI. Not stoked on it. Maybe they'll clean it up, or impressions of it being fine once you play for a bit will win me over.

They played a match on the PS4 version during the stream.

Kain and Y'Shtola are already there so my characters are decided.

I'm just happy it's coming, even if the roster isn't even refilled from 012 yet.

Tain

The footage of this game looked cool and I'll probably get this but like

ARMS, that Virtual On game, Senko no Ronde 2, Gundam...

it has a lot of competition

Slater

Banned
Nojima writing Noctis in a Nomura project finally will be a trip, any bets? 1 he writes him like he was in XV. 2 he writes him like new was planned for Versus. 3 he has him be a jobber as "revenge"

Nojima writing Noctis in a Nomura project finally will be a trip, any bets? 1 he writes him like he was in XV. 2 he writes him like new was planned for Versus. 3 he has him be a jobber as "revenge"
It's Dissidia. Every character will be written like garbage.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Finally a console release. I assume this was one of the Japanese games Sony was talking about for E3.

Top Bottom