• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) announced (early 2018)

BigEmil

This is the best E3 announcement none can beat this I can't fucking WAIT AHH DAY 1
Guess the Sony partnership is heavy on this one: https://dissidiafinalfantasynt.com/

iFV5PDP.jpg
Awesome
lmao people SCREAMING AND CRYING about the ui when its a 3 on 3 game with lots of important information
EXACTLY

rataven

I can't get over how much I love the character models for this game. Cloud's model might be my favorite for him ever.

Something does look off on Tidus though.

gosoxtim

Actually he appeared (through voice) throughout the whole stream not just at the end.
you might be right about kh3 at the concerts since nomura said he wont be at e3 but another event so proablly world annoemt there with a trailer if no trailer there then e3 will get the trailer i heard a rumor that the world annment might be frozen but we wont know for sure yet

Loona

Golbez, Laguna and the Emperor were all good in my opinion

Stuff like Garland trying to manipulate his own future self also had a bit of a twisted charm to it.

I'm a bit weary of these new characters they're introducing though, and I wonder if this early hero/antagonist unbalance will cripple the story possibilities as new characters get added - after all, no new story was added as Dead or Alive 5's updates introduced new people, even if that game's story mode had a pretty interesting structure that gave most characters a chance to shine...

I wonder if Shantotto will have a thing or two to say to XIV's Y'shtola as the new kid on the MMO and Dissidia blocks...

DKHF

Nomura is always audio only in Dissidia Streams
Is this addressed to me? If so, I already know that.
you might be right about kh3 at the concerts since nomura said he wont be at e3 but another event so proablly world annoemt there with a trailer if no trailer there then e3 will get the trailer i heard a rumor that the world annment might be frozen but we wont know for sure yet
Yeah I think he will be at the June 10 concert and that's where they'll show a new trailer.

DKHF

Nervous yet? :3
Him not being at E3 is a little nerve inducing for the chances of there being a trailer but Yasue has been to literally every E3 since 2012 so I wouldn't be surprised if Yasue will do press/interviews for KH3 at E3. And Nomura sits out E3 only coming to LA for a day for the concert (partially possibly because he can't afford to be away from FFVIIR for too long while they change their development setup).

Caim

I'm a bit confused. Where's the idea coming from that there's no story mode? Or... is there one?

I dunno, but directly from Amazon:

• Final Fantasy, everything you could ever want - Over 20 playable Final Fantasy heroes and villains to play, over ten iconic battle arenas, legendary summons, tons of equippable weapons and moogles
  • The return from Eos - Noctis makes his triumphant return to the PS4 as a combatant, fighting to save the world of Dissidia
  • Legendary narrative - Dive into an all-new Final Fantasy story, written by writer Kazushige Nojima (Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II)
  • Your fantasy. Your fight - Each battle you wage, you will gain XP and gil to deepen the customization of your Final Fantasy champion - from EX skills to weapons to skins, level up
  • Only the brave survive - The bravery combat system allows a much deeper and more methodical approach to the fighting game genre, separating luck from skill

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071G3JVFB/?tag=neogaf0e-20

gosoxtim

Him not being at E3 is a little nerve inducing for the chances of there being a trailer but Yasue has been to literally every E3 since 2012 so I wouldn't be surprised if Yasue will do press/interviews for KH3 at E3. And Nomura sits out E3 only coming to LA for a day for the concert (partially possibly because he can't afford to be away from FFVIIR for too long while they change their development setup).
yeah that why he schrele it it like it like so he show the stuff he want to show relax then leave

raven777

Im guessing he will be added before the game hits PS4, so not DLC.

But I wonder how they are gonna handle new character additions after the games release though.....

They confirmed that all the updates, including the additional characters, will come to the arcade first, and console after.

DKHF

the only persson who desve a dlc for dissidia is sroa come on nomura make it happen
Nomura said in September last year in a Dissidia stream that Sora won't be in Dissidia. Him being in WoFF shows it could possibly happen though. Maybe Disney doesn't want him in a fighting game (though as Nomura said ages ago he never actually pitched the KH fighting game to Disney, just thought they would not let him do it).

They confirmed that all the updates, including the additional characters, will come to the arcade first, and console after.

Ah, good to know that its been confirmed.

the only persson who desve a dlc for dissidia is sroa come on nomura make it happen

As cool and fitting as Sora is, I would rather see a bunch of Final Fantasy characters before they start adding Kingdom hearts characters, I would be extremely happy if they did add him though.

gosoxtim

Nah, there's a lot of FF characters to deserve to be put in.
i agree but im sure more characters will more annoced soon as well but i beliece sora needs to a dlc guest characther

Nomura said in September last year in a Dissidia stream that Sora won't be in Dissidia. Him being in WoFF shows it could possibly happen though. Maybe Disney doesn't want him in a fighting game (though as Nomura said ages ago he never actually pitched the KH fighting game to Disney, just thought they would not let him do it).
yeah i could see the disney but having sora as a guest could do so much to the frachise

J-Tier

Ah, good to know that its been confirmed.

As cool and fitting as Sora is, I would rather see a bunch of Final Fantasy characters before they start adding Kingdom hearts characters, I would be extremely happy if they did add him though.
Yeah, I want them to have parity with 012 first. Then they could add guests if they really wanted to.

Top Bottom