• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you eat (Non-Soft Serve) Ice Cream with a Spoon or Fork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopdoor

When eating ice cream, scoop up a bite, turn the spoon upside down so that the metal of the spoon faces the roof of your mouth. Even a split second of contact between a metal spoon and your tongue is enough to numb the taste buds.

Sorry, what

Now you're making my 'skewer the ice cream' actually sound more reasonable

RMI

Banned
Ice cream does not cease to be ice cream in proximity to a baked good. A spoon will pick up a cake or pie just as well if not better than a fork.

More often than not it's out of convenience. I don't want to dirty a spoon if I already have a fork from earlier in the meal when I'm at home.

I use a fork, man. So what happens when you guys eat cake or pie with ice cream? Do you use a spoon for the the cake or pie? Or do you switch off between a fork and spoon. I like using a fork for everything. Get a bite of cake with the ice cream at the same time man.

Wolfe

You're family is right, you should listen to them.

But a fork let's me eat 95% of it while being a more effective tool

More effective at eating ice cream? No that is false.

And a fork being a makeshift cone? Maybe if the definition of cone was changed to that of a pitchfork.

Uh, not the straight edge, the fork part of the fork. It's pointy and cuts into the ice cream easily, and the straight edge works fine as well.

The prongs stab and skewer it, so the fork is surrounded by delicious ice cream, like a makeshift cone, if you will

Well, I am willing to admit that it never occurred to me that by "cut the ice cream" you meant pierce it with the prongs. Honestly, that is my fault for assuming I could make such a presumption given the very nature of this thread.

But I do think that the skewering concept is fundamentally flawed in that now you are actually grabbing whole portions of ice cream and not able to selectively shave off the desired portion with a spoon.

clemenx

Banned
I mean... I have used a fork when I happen to have one laying around and am too lazy to look for a spoon and it sucks. Why the hell would you ever CHOOSE a fork?

Stopdoor

Well, I am willing to admit that it never occurred to me that by "cut the ice cream" you meant pierce it with the prongs. Honestly, that is my fault for assuming I could make such a presumption given the very nature of this thread.

But I do think that the skewering concept is fundamentally flawed in that now you are actually grabbing whole portions of ice cream and not able to selectively shave off the desired portion with a spoon.

Since ice cream is soft, you can cut it straight on with the tongs, or pierce it. I dunno, it works.

Chococat

Ice cream does not cease to be ice cream in proximity to a baked good. A spoon will pick up a cake or pie just as well if not better than a fork.

Yes, but at functions where multiple desserts are offered, there is usually limited utensils or I don't want to be a dick to the host and make them wash more dishes than needed. Or throw away more plastic wear than needed.

Elija2

I have never had a problem with cutting, scooping, or licking ice-cream with a spoon. Not only that, but if you eat ice-cream with a fork you might accidentally lick the prongs which would be a bit painful.

Stopdoor

I have never had a problem with cutting, scooping, or licking ice-cream with a spoon. Not only that, but if you eat ice-cream with a fork you might accidentally lick the prongs which would be a bit painful.

I've clearly had years of training to perfect my fork licking mastery

ResoRai

Yeah. Take smaller bites with the spoon. Your family is grossed out watching you make out with a fork
tumblr_lknxpgYmNE1qzvsqs.gif

First it was the strugglewich, and I abided. Then it was pizza with a knife and fork, and I allowed such things to go on. Then it was taking apart a burger, piece by piece and eating them individually, and I remained silent.

But this, I cannot allow. What kind of savage do you have to be to eat ice cream with a god damn fork?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I already think that people who eat rice using forks are crazy, but this is beyond belief. OP, you need to correct your batty behaviour ASAP.

People eat rice with a fork because the rice is on a plate with some other shit you eat with a fork and nobody wants to put down a fork and pick up a spoon just to grab some goddamn rice.

Tiops

I eat it with a pizza cutter, of course. The only logical option.

$_35.JPG

Of course I use a spoon, what kind of question is this?

Zoe

My family makes fun of me all the time but really, a fork does everything a spoon can do for ice cream, including being better at cutting it and being able to pick it up and lick it. Ice Cream is solid, I'm not eating it for the pure liquid goop.

Even your premise is wrong--a spoon is infinitely better than a fork at cutting.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If I see someone eating ice cream with a fork I assume they'll hurt me if I make direct eye contact because that's just nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom