• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA5:LR PC Modding Thread

Yudoken

Wow, these Anna and Nina mods look great!
Can't wait to see more good work of the modders, it's a shame that this game isn't a good port.

PaulBizkit

Is there ANY way to configure the keyboard keys for this game?? playing with M J K L as the face buttons is unnecessarily complicated...

Marie rose with Brown hair looks really good.
Yeah she makes a cute brunette huh

Is there ANY way to configure the keyboard keys for this game?? playing with M J K L as the face buttons is unnecessarily complicated...
I haven't tried these out because I'm on an Xbox controller, so I can't attest to their usefulness, but you can try one of these two options:

http://www.reddit.com/r/doamods/comments/327aa6/mod_better_keyboard_layout/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPvM_8X8O4

synce

Yeah she makes a cute brunette huh

I haven't tried these out because I'm on an Xbox controller, so I can't attest to their usefulness, but you can try one of these two options:

http://www.reddit.com/r/doamods/comments/327aa6/mod_better_keyboard_layout/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPvM_8X8O4

In all fairness though I think Marie could pull off male pattern baldness.

So I guess mesh mods or model swaps or something has happened recently...

c5JnZAz.jpg

Hoping sometime this year we can import models from other games (ZSS anyone?)

histopher

In all fairness though I think Marie could pull off male pattern baldness.

So I guess mesh mods or model swaps or something has happened recently...

Hoping sometime this year we can import models from other games (ZSS anyone?)

Hehe ive had the same thought. Where did you come across that mod?

KHlover

Banned
I can proundly announce that my "Black Widow Christie" and "Helena - Elsa" mod have each broken 1000 downloads as of today :D

Nina and Anna Williams also are on a good way with 400+ and 600+ downloads respectively :D

Glad everyone is enjoying them.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I can proundly announce that my "Black Widow Christie" and "Helena - Elsa" mod have each broken 1000 downloads as of today :D

Nina and Anna Williams also are on a good way with 400+ and 600+ downloads respectively :D

Glad everyone is enjoying them.

Congrats!

shockdude

You don't need the M key (Throw); use the J & K keys (Hold+Punch) instead. WASD+JKL is actually a really good keyboard mapping imo.

But if you really want to remap the keys, use AutoHotKey.

Model swaps have started, I don't really have time to do anything but hopefully when the tools and workflow become more streamlined we should start seeing some gr8 stuff.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Any new interesting stuff on the model swap end?

Also, how easy is to edit the hair colors for every character?

Extremely easy to edit the hair on photoshop. Just edit the hue and save it and load it. Same goes for clothes when you wanna change the color.

ShinMaruku

Remeber the steam selling of mods? Pray they don't do it with this. Please you don't wanna fuck with Koei's bored lawyers.

MUnited83

For you.
Remeber the steam selling of mods? Pray they don't do it with this. Please you don't wanna fuck with Koei's bored lawyers.

The selling of mods is only done with the publisher/dev's approval, so I don't see what Koei lawyers would have to do with it.

Regarding editing the hair textures, is there any free alternatives to edit them or would i need to use photoshop specifically?

Vazra

The selling of mods is only done with the publisher/dev's approval, so I don't see what Koei lawyers would have to do with it.

Regarding editing the hair textures, is there any free alternatives to edit them or would i need to use photoshop specifically?

You can use GIMP too. There are some tutorials on the OT

ShinMaruku

If somebody makes a mod with another copyrighted character and puts it on that can be problematic. It's not just a 2 party deal then.

RM8

I might post this here as well, since this is more PC related :(

Guys, I finally got my Alienware Alpha but now the game keeps crashing right after the TECMO screen :( Is this a known issue? I'm googling but I can't find anything about it.

Vazra

I might post this here as well, since this is more PC related :(

Never heard of that issue but you can delete the intro from the game folders and it skips forward. Also try Verifying Cache Integrity or whatever the name is on steam.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
If somebody makes a mod with another copyrighted character and puts it on that can be problematic. It's not just a 2 party deal then.

Steam doesn't offer mods for DOA:5. Any mods someone makes with copywritten characters is between them and whatever parties care to be litigious about it.

It's completely unrelated to Steam allowing mod creators to sell their mods for Skyrim.

There's a tutorial on costume / mesh swapping here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/doamods/comments/33q9av/how_to_make_costume_mods_via_dlc_method/

35fIw4F.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/doamods/comments/33qwr8/kasumi_nvidia_costumedlc/

So far it seems that only meshes within the game can be swapped with eachother, I'm not sure that hackers have found a way yet to compile user made meshes into formats readable by the game with skinning and all that fun stuff, but people are already doing some cool stuff with model swapping.

vato_loco

So I've been playing the PC version and it looks really good with a couple of mods, and of course I've extensively played with the photo mode.

I have just one question, though. Other than the right stick being all weird because I'm using a PS2 controller on the PC and it seems to think that up is acually left, on the PS4 version I could "bend" the camera to a portrait position in order to get more of the character in the frame. I can't seem to find the button that does this for the PC. Any help?

I made a pink Playboy swimsuit for Lisa. The default texture has dark black line running along the body seams of the costume, so I deleted those (as best I could) and tried to go for a brighter look. I darkened her hair a bit too.

I tried giving Lisa green eyes and black hair for her second hairstyle. I dont think it looks very good though, TBH. Conversely, dark hair and lipstick really suits Christie

Pro

Time. Where art thou? Would still like to mess around with DOA mods but also wanna practice more in MKX and now there is Witcher 3 which gets the lion's share.

Top Bottom