• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM – Launch Trailer

Duxxy3

Keep asking but not getting an answer. Does anybody know if the PS4 option has a trigger swap option?

That dad rock that came on half way through the trailer ruined it.
My Dad, who played the originals with me on my lap, loved it. Know your audience and such.

I can't wait for this game. I know opinions have been fairly mixed but I'm optimistic based on what I've seen.

Birbo

Great trailer . I'm excited for the single player campaign .

Me too. Do we have any idea about the length of the campaign? I'm still up in the air about a Day One purchase. Can get it from Best Buy for $48 plus $10 Reward Zone certificate, but know I'll be busy with Uncharted 4 for a while. Decisions, decisions.

Kezen

Banned
I have a global 16xAF profile forced in the driver because of UWP games, I hope this will not cause issues with Doom.
Who knows maybe it even supports it by default.

Jito

Banned
Keep asking but not getting an answer. Does anybody know if the PS4 option has a trigger swap option?

I'd assume so, there was controller customisation in the beta. If not just change it at the PS4 system level.

Great trailer, what a week its going to be next week.

Me too. Do we have any idea about the length of the campaign? I'm still up in the air about a Day One purchase. Can get it from Best Buy for $48 plus $10 Reward Zone certificate, but know I'll be busy with Uncharted 4 for a while. Decisions, decisions.
Apparently ID claim over 13 hours, depending on how you play. It's always inflated a little, but I believe it'll be reasonably long.

That's a Spider Mastermind gun at the end if I ever saw one...

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

THat, or an arachnotron.

The game looks positively awesome IMO and everything a Doom fan could ask for. It's slick, cool and looks fun as hell. This is day one for me as soon as I move in to my new place and get a gaming set up sorted out. The game looks divine.

pitchfork

Really can't wait to play this now

Blasting through Doom 1 and 2 on BC (Xbox One) last night got me right in the mood

Can I buy the soundtrack yet? The hardest part has been waiting to hear Mick's inevitable eargasm.

(also yes, I realize the music in the launch trailer isn't likely his)

Akronis

Hopefully it won't have awful frame pacing issues on PC with the 60fps lock and all.

who am I kidding, of course it will

J 0 E

- No reload
- No sprint
- No auto-heal
- No ADS (some weapons have it)

the game as I see it have a lot of classic mechanics that differentiate it from other shooters and that's enough for me to look forward to it.

aliens + battle suits is DOOM's art direction before there was Halo btw.

- No reload
- No sprint
- No auto-heal
- No ADS (some weapons have it)

the game as I see it have a lot of classic mechanics that differentiate it from other shooters and that's enough for me to look forward to it.

aliens + battle suits is DOOM's art direction before there was Halo btw.
That's another good one, "he looks like Master Chief :/"

Shredderi

I've managed to pinpoint what bugs me about the art direction. It's the hi-tech parts of the monsters. I liked the more brutal and primitive looking hard metal infusions on the monsters in Doom and Doom 2. The machine parts here are a little too futuristic for my taste.

DooMAGE

I've managed to pinpoint what bugs me about the art direction. It's the hi-tech parts of the monsters. I liked the more brutal and primitive looking hard metal infusions on the monsters in Doom and Doom 2. The machine parts here are a little too futuristic for my taste.

When the game was released the machine parts were too futuristic for its time and technology too.

Kezen

Banned

But we don't even know what it is. Hopefully some sort of future proofing preset unplayable on cutting edge current hardware.

Great, I can already see all the whining in the performance Thread.
"I'm running this on ultra nightmare with my 970 and it's stuttering. The Optimization is crap!!!"
Half of the fun of those threads.

Shredderi

When the game was released the machine parts were too futuristic for its time and technology too.

Nah, I don't mean in a "that wouldn't be feasible at all with our tech!" way. I just found the designs of old more scary because the more primitive infusions of metal and flesh made them look more brutal and scary.

Top Bottom