• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM – Launch Trailer

dlauv

I'd say it looked like Halo.

It's not nostalgia to say Doom 1 & 2 were some of the best designed games of all time, if not THE best.

This is like a writer naming himself Shakespeare Jr.

Not really, considering they inherited the company of id fair and square, so id jr. would be apt. That doesn't denote that this is going to be a great game however.

Yeah, that'd be interesting to hear. Same with Romero.

Last I heard Romero said he liked what he saw in a video with IGN. But that was early on. Video link near the bottom.

What is John Carmack opinion about this Doom Remake? Postive or Negative? Did he even take part at it even as advisor?

Apparently just Snap Map.

GIlHnTS.png

Simo

Oh man the hype is kicking in...what a week though, Uncharted 4 AND Doom! I missed the campaign stream so having just finished watching it I went ahead and bought the game digitally on PS4.

I see on Bethesda's blog the preload for PS4 and Xbox is Wednesday and it's 50GB?! I guess with UC4 and Doom I better clear some space...lol

KORNdoggy

What happened to the awesome old school themed music they had in the unfinished version. Made it feel SO much like doom. This felt a bit generic in comparison.

RedSwirl

yeah, and IIRC Arkham Knight and TPP

I wish they'd stop doing this and include more than one disc or something.

I guess they just decided to stop doing multiple discs, because that is exactly what Bethesda did for Wolfenstein, RAGE, and The Evil Within. Maybe the cost was too high? Or maybe the cost was too high for packaging for more than four discs (Wolf and TEW each had four discs).

Fuck. This is gonna be the first time I have to download a game that's over 25GB. Kind of scared of running into my data cap.

Rockk

Aliens? When were aliens ever in classic doom?

Depending on how you interpret the story. Mars is Hell and that's where the demons come from so they are aliens. But they were always suppose to be more classically demonic rather then this super sci-fi style there going for.

This is getting a little ahead but if the game ends up being good and it sells very well, we could actually see a sequel. Wouldn't that be something. It took nearly 12 years between Doom 3 and this Doom to come out.

How is this game supposed to run on Xbox One? I think I read somewhere that the PS4 version was 1080/60, but any word how Xbox's version stacks up, because I'm debating if I wanna preorder that, or get Dark Souls 3 instead...

bidguy

Banned
How is this game supposed to run on Xbox One? I think I read somewhere that the PS4 version was 1080/60, but any word how Xbox's version stacks up, because I'm debating if I wanna preorder that, or get Dark Souls 3 instead...

either the same with dips or tearing or 900p/60fps

nothing has been shown so far i think

cant go wrong with dark souls 3 though

Protein

Banned
I'll admit I was sour about the game at first, but I've waremd up to it just by seeing the single player gameplay. Day one.

Haven't been this excited for a shooter in a long time. Every now and then I see people call it generic but they never really frame HOW. What shooter does this look like? Call of Duty? Battlefield? What planet am I on where this shooter looks like the norm?

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God

I guess that you have to wait to Digital Foundry to do his thing
Or you know, you could play and have fun

AEREC

Really looking forward to this but then everytime I go into a Doom thread there are a few too many people commenting down on the game.

Justinh

I think they said that for the multiplayer beta, the Xbox One version ran at 900p and ran mostly at 60 with drops to the 50s to low 50s/50 which they said was similar to the PS4 (from the video they showed though, the PS4 seemed to drop less to me, but I'd go with what they said).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LsH1jIbnO0

I don't know if anyone knows how it runs in single-player.

Think I'll pick myself up a copy for my birthday in a couple of weeks. Everything I've seen looks rad except the weapon load outs in multiplayer but I'll forgive it.

antitrop

If this was representative of the music throughout the game, I would have preordered. Full stop.
I don't think this trailer's music matches up to the quality of the rest of what I've heard out of it, from other trailers and gameplay demos.

I think this trailer was just a poor use of Gordon's music. The leaked trailer has better music, but what I've heard out of other parts of the game sounds better than both of them.

This trailer was particularly weak, but I'm not worried about the soundtrack of the final game, at all. Wolfenstein and Killer Instinct are two of the best soundtracks of this generation, and I have no doubt DOOM will stand right beside them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This looks so awesome - can't wait to get my hands on it. Really hoping it's not just a 4 hour campaign or something, but judging by Doom 3, it should by pretty meaty.

I'm an "older gamer" - played Doom 1 and 2 at time of release - and I don't just want a re-skinned version of the old games. I feel like what they've shown so far does a good job of capturing the essence of those original games. I'm also someone that really enjoyed the slow, but still arcadey action in Doom 3. Game gets way too much hate.

I certainly didn't.

Touchè good sir. I didn't do it in Doom 2, but I did in the first one, as well as everyone I ever met at the time, lol.

Agreed with all your points as well.

I don't think this trailer's music matches up to the quality of the rest of what I've heard out of it, from other trailers and gameplay demos.

I think this trailer was just a poor use of Gordon's music. The leaked trailer has better music, but what I've heard out of other parts of the game sounds better than both of them.

This trailer was particularly weak, but I'm not worried about the soundtrack of the final game, at all. Wolfenstein and Killer Instinct are two of the best soundtracks of this generation, and I have no doubt DOOM will stand right beside them.

Is that youtube link from the doom reboot soundtrack? because that's actually pretty great videogame music

So the min spec for PC is pretty similar to my own specs. (8gb RAM, GTX 670 2gb VRAM, i5 3570k OC 4.2ghz). What does this usually mean in terms of graphics settings? Like everything on low to maintain 60? If that's the case I might go grab it on consoles.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/doom-get-ready-to-fight-like-hell/2016/05/05/119

It's anybody's guess at this point. I'd just wait a day or two after release to ensure that you are getting the best possible version for your set up.

Top Bottom