• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM (2016) free trial coming to PS4/XBO/PC for this week only

Y3x7Rbc.gif

Mupod

the first level is hardly impressive. should have picked something a bit later in the game to showcase it =/

it was impressive the first time around, but when you revisit it after getting to Hell in the storyline it's so...empty and boring.

I just bought Doom from Best Buy for $40 and, yeah, early 90s me is in heaven. I am so glad Wolfenstein and now Doom are being treated so well by new devs.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
To make people play it now and hopefully buy it now while the price is at its peak.

I'll be waiting even if it's amazing, I can't justify paying full price for half a game (I really didn't enjoy the MP beta).

Not a good idea IMO, this first DOOM 2016 level doesn't represent this game quality, it missing most of guns, enemies and features like doublejump.

synce

Kind of baffling... I watched Aris play the first level, it was not impressive at all. He flushed it pretty fast.

antitrop

Silly that it's only for a week, but everyone should at least try it.

Maybe it should have been the second level, though.

Saven

Banned
"Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) or better / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better
You Have: GeForce GTX 670"

This is going to be interesting to play tonight lol.

Miker

Huh. I can't install the demo because I have it via family sharing. That's a shame, because I'd like to download just the demo to see how (poorly) it runs rather than download all 50+ gigs.

Cindro

I cannot find this anywhere on the Xbone store

Edit: Had to download through my browser, but now the hype is mounting! I just bought the OG DOOM last night to try it out and see if I wanted to play the new one (and after finishing episode 1, I totally do)

YuShtink

Not a good idea IMO, this first DOOM 2016 level doesn't represent this game quality, it missing most of guns, enemies and features like doublejump.

Yea I kinda wish they made at least like The Foundry the free level or something. Much more representative of the full game. It's the first wide open level and the first taste of real weapon/enemy variety. The first 2 levels aren't bad by any means but they are a little one dimensional.

Everybody should try it though Even if it's the first level. If you find yourself enjoying the tightness of the control and combat just know that the game gets MUCH better pretty quickly.

Getting on the shareware hype... really glad this game is getting more exposure that isn't a dodgy MP beta, but also really disappointed we didn't get a single player expansion announced. Hopefully the fact they're still putting out DLC for FO4 is a good sign, and hopefully this isnt indicative of poor sales.

Ifrit

I think I'm going to try this with my underpowered gpu (Radeon HD 7850 with 2 GB), this is going to be interesting

Top Bottom