• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM (2016) free trial coming to PS4/XBO/PC for this week only

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice. Up and running. Half to toy more with the settings.

Tried to boot it up at 4K and it was dipping into the teens on the first scene.

Dropped it to 1440p and it runs at a locked 30 with everything absolutely maxed. (40-50s unlocked).

Seems like it's likely a Vram issue? (SLi 970s 3.5GB)

kuYuri

Finished it on PC. Loved it! Ran very well on my machine, as it should. :p

70+ fps typically, capping out around 100 on all settings max.

Immediately went to the demos section on the Xbox One store and started downloading it. I only played the multiplayer beta. Looking forward to trying the single player out.

Saven

Banned
Ran at around 40fps for me on a GTX670.

Felt and played like a good game, and I was on edge the entire time. I am going to check this one out! I also want to mention that I'm glad that the game started you off right away with action, like it should!

The end screen reminded me of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY.
X7czGSq.png

TransTrender

Gold Member
Sweet!
Glad I got a chance to try it on my rig before pulling the trigger.
Gotta worry about these SLI GTX 670s OC'd and 4GB each

Mohasus

Nice. Up and running. Half to toy more with the settings.

Tried to boot it up at 4K and it was dipping into the teens on the first scene.

Dropped it to 1440p and it runs at a locked 30 with everything absolutely maxed. (40-50s unlocked).

Seems like it's likely a Vram issue? (SLi 970s 3.5GB)

1 970 and no issues @1440p.
3570k, 16GB.
Not really maxed, just ultra preset.

red731

Now is the best time to release that Vulkan patch!

Let peole play it on OGL first and then bam, middle of the week Vulkan patch aka in the metal and let them see the performance rise.

Sales.

Bl@de

Nice. Will definetly try on PC (to see if my 770 runs it. Only reason I was waiting) and PS4 (just to see how it plays, RAGE was surprisingly fun with a controller on PS3)

So is it available for one week? or I will be unable to play it after this week? I would like to have it to test whatever new GPU I get in the coming months.

The demo ended just as soon as I finished tweaking the settings to get it to run at a consistent 60 FPS (which is what I spent most of the demo doing). Might be time for a new card.

Game seems cool though.

wbEMX

i7 4790K, GTX 970. Ran it maxed on 1080p. I have never seen such a smooth performing, yet so awesome looking PC game. Like, holy fuck. Perfect 16ms frametime, amaaaazing graphics, plays like a dream. Basically pitch-perfect smoothness, almost like it's a Nintendo game, only with much more blood.

How was I able to skip this, especially after loving Wolfenstein: TNO so much?

The game's nightmare settings (beyond ultra) require more than 3.5 or 4 GB of VRAM for a high number of scenes @ 1920X1080 even.

Make sure you have the latest drivers.

That is all I can say.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I can't see this on UK PSN. Should this be out yet?

Piggus

Ugh, can't try on PC until my 1080 arrives and the PS4 version is nowhere to be found.

Edit: got it to work via the link. My god the PSN store is trash for finding stuff like this.

Kudo

Looking forward to trying it out and hopefully seeing it on Summer Sale if I like it.
Putting my GTX 780 to the test how well it can run 1440p with this.

Walpurgis

Banned
Awesome. I can enjoy it on PS4 and test it out on my PC with my new Steam controller. The demo shouldn't be temporary though. Unless it includes SnapMaps, that's just dumb.

NBtoaster

Didn't buy the game because I thought I couldn't run it. Turns out I can run it at 60fps with some medium-low settings, and it still looks really nice (on a 260x + a8 6600k) It runs even better than Wolfenstein wtf.

more demos please, i buy garbage that wont run like just cause 3 and then miss out on stuff like this because minimum requirements tell you nothing, and practically nobody benchmarks the low end extensively.

Top Bottom