• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Closed Beta - March 31 through April 3

RowdyReverb

Just got my email (Xbox). There is a code to redeem, but if you already participated in the alpha, you're all set.

More info here: http://doom.com/en-us/beta
The Beta is expected to feature two maps, Heatwave and Infernal, and two modes, Team Deathmatch and Warpath, along with never-before-seen weapons, armor sets, taunts and hack modules.
The Closed Beta will be open to those who have redeemed their DOOM Beta codes included with some physical retail copies of Wolfenstein: The New Order, and to those who pre-purchased or purchased Wolfenstein: The New Order digitally prior to May 26, 2014.
Starting April 1 at 6pm ET, visit your local GameStop or EB Games (Canada) to receive a free DOOM Closed Beta access code. Codes will be distributed through April 3.

PSN changed to beta as I was downloading. Make sure you look for "'Main Menu" in the library because they named it that so people didn't know you were playing.

Received the email. No code was included. Cannot find the alpha in my download history and have no memory of every downloading. Perplexed.

Stevey

Steam is downloading 10GB as I type this.
Didnt get an email or anything, but was in the Aplha and registered for the Beta

exoddus21

Neo Member
I wasn't in the alpha but pre ordered Wolfenstein and redeemed the beta code. The beta just appeared in my Steam Library, downloading as I type, I guess it won't be possible to play until friday though.

Navid

Looking forward to getting hands on with this again...

Hopefully the matchmaking is well behaved this time compared to the 2nd Alpha test.

Ricker

I got the email from Sony saying I will be able to download the beta on the PS4 tomorrow but saw no code...

DieH@rd

Banned
Those who got digital copy of W:TNO will be able to just go to the store and download the beta when it is up. No code is needed, beta is tied to the PSN account.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Those who got digital copy of W:TNO will be able to just go to the store and download the beta when it is up. No code is needed, beta is tied to the PSN account.

I bought a physical copy and put the key in the Bethesda/Wolfenstein site

Grassy

I have the beta in my steam library, but I never got a code or anything. Will it work?

I just noticed the Doom Beta in my Steam library too, although the website says you still need an email Beta code. I guess they will send them out in the next day or so.

Tainted

The alpha client is already on the store. Download this and it will patch to the 2.02 beta version which was released yesterday (11GB update)

Was there a time limit for that purchase? I bought it when it was on sale in PSN

EDIT: it is in the OP. Damn

biteren

DOOM Beta Menu stuff

12548895_989197951116352_1479033327976584814_n.jpg

hack modules:
1934773_989197901116357_849010751348189449_n.jpg

Weapon Customization:
12936494_989197957783018_2866809587160528506_n.jpg

so there is Taunts in the game:
12189638_989197904449690_8574442366228798818_n.jpg

Armor customize:
12919790_989197911116356_3560992299027386371_n.jpg

Smidget

So I input the code from Wolfenstein a long long time ago for PS4. Guess I wait until the 31st to download the beta?

SephLuis

I purchased Wolfenstein PS4 digital on May 26th, so I should receive a key according to the site.

Just wonder when and how ? Will it be an email or just check the library ?

Tainted

So I input the code from Wolfenstein a long long time ago for PS4. Guess I wait until the 31st to download the beta?

I purchased Wolfenstein PS4 digital on May 26th, so I should receive a key according to the site.

Just wonder when and how ? Will it be an email or just check the library ?

As I posted earlier...search the store for Doom Closed Alpha. Download this and it will patch to the Doom beta client 2.02. Total download for the alpha client + patch is around 16GB

Top Bottom