• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Closed Beta - March 31 through April 3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems like a lot of people who bought it digitally is having this issue. One of the beta forum moderators posted this

This is for the PS4 users who purchased the Wolfenstein digital version

Well, it's not really an issue since the key isn't required. It just means that a friend will miss out.

Arghhhh I am so jelly, wish I had this for Steam.

Look a few posts above your own. ;) Edit: It's gone.

Mike Golf

Thanks for the thread OP, reminded me that it was coming. Checked my mailbox as soon as I saw the thread and my code's there. Wish there was some SP content this time instead of MP, but hey it's more DOOM so can't complain.

JaseC

Go for it.
Also, what time do the servers go online?

31/03 at 10pm ET.

t1459476000z1.png

And the beta ends at 11:59pm on the 3rd.

t1459742400z1.png

Cmagus

Well, it's not really an issue since the key isn't required. It just means that a friend will miss out.

Well the issue that is happening is that most can't find the actual beta to download. By the sounds of it the beta isn't just gonna show up in your list but you will need to input the code they mail you to actually be able to download it, it won't be added automatically to your list without the code.

JaseC

Well the issue that is happening is that most can't find the actual beta to download. By the sounds of it the beta isn't just gonna show up in your list but you will need to input the code they mail you to actually be able to download it, it won't be added automatically to your list without the code.

Ah, right. The info you posted says that you'll receive a PM on PSN itself. There's still more than a day to go so I wouldn't worry just yet.

I'm glad you didn't catch my original post, haha. I always forget that Secondapps' countdown generator doesn't automatically take into account daylight savings.

Voho

I keep getting a "Failed to start game - Unknown error" popup when attempting to launch. Is this normal, since the beta begins tomorrow?

Edit: On Steam.

MiguelItUp

I keep getting a "Failed to start game - Unknown error" popup when attempting to launch. Is this normal, since the beta begins tomorrow?

Yeah, it's the same thing that occurred with the Alpha. They'll basically push an update when the Beta will go live.

JaseC

The app is set to "unavailable", so you can install it but not run it. The release state will be changed when the beta goes live, and there'll presumably be a patch as the executable is 0KB. Basically, it's a pre-load that doesn't utilise Steam's pre-load function.

If anyone has a PS4 DOOM key that would like to pass on to a very appreciative fellow GAFer, please PM me. I hope to somehow repay you in the future.

ThankeeSai

Just uploaded a quick video showing customisation of your character and weapons and the taunts available, for those who might not have seen it.

Excuse the quality, uploaded to YouTube directly from Xbox.

*edit* 720p available now.

https://youtu.be/buPhBmOeP3w

abracadaver

fuck bethesda for not giving out beta keys to those that pre-ordered DOOM

I already bought the game. Why am I not allowed to play the beta?

Odd. I never preordered the games but I have received alpha and beta entry. Maybe a signup I forgot I participated in?
It was a mess beforehand with the alpha where players were to be selected from the beta pool, but that got messed up so they switched to manual sign up. Who knows at this point

JaseC

fuck bethesda for not giving out beta keys to those that pre-ordered DOOM

I already bought the game. Why am I not allowed to play the beta?

I'll be surprised if there isn't another beta closer to release that includes Doom pre-purchasers.

JayEH

So I got in through putting in a wolf code 2 years ago or whatever but my email didn't have a code and i can't download through any links here.

edit: ah ok others having this problem as well.

found this on the forums.

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/3614

You should be receiving a system inbox message later today providing a download code so you can download the Closed Beta client.

DOWN

Banned
I entered the original code way back when I got Wolfenstein. Got a message on PSN saying to download the beta, but when it takes me to the beta page on the store, it says I can't download because I'm missing the pre-order code. I definitely redeemed the code so what gives?

JaseC

Will post that OT sometime around 8pm CEST tomorrow then. That will be still some hours before the beta starts but should be okey i guess?

Yeah. Technically, OTs aren't supposed to go up until the day of release, but the day before release is fine. That being said, it's encouraged that OTs be used for a game's general release whereas limited-time betas and the like be general threads instead. You can still implement a witty subtitle, though. E.g.: Doom Closed Beta thread: All my friends are dead.

Yeah. Technically, OTs aren't supposed to go up until the day of release, but the day before release is fine. That being said, it's encouraged that OTs be limited to general game releases. You can still implement a witty subtitle, though. E.g.: Doom Closed Beta thread: All my friends are dead.

I had something in mind like

DOOM Beta [OT] Halo in Hell?

So the OT will be up March 31 8pm CEST

Duraigo

I entered the original code way back when I got Wolfenstein. Got a message on PSN saying to download the beta, but when it takes me to the beta page on the store, it says I can't download because I'm missing the pre-order code. I definitely redeemed the code so what gives?

I finally got around to seeing if I got a message about the beta, and I'm having the same problem as well.

SephLuis

Okay, so I receive a warning from Playstation saying Welcome to the DOOM Beta and it takes me to the store page where I am supposed to download the client.

I get there and it says product not available for purchase. Anyone else having the same issues ?

DOWN

Banned
Okay, so I receive a warning from Playstation saying Welcome to the DOOM Beta and it takes me to the store page where I am supposed to download the client.

I get there and it says product not available for purchase. Anyone else having the same issues ?

Yep, I don't get what's wrong

lmao only just bothered to grab my PC copy of Wolfenstein TNO right now and signed myself up.

I do have a spare PS4 key cause of a double dip, quote to see it:

quote to see

JaseC

I thought you had to preorder TNO to get a beta code?

First-run retail copies also include beta access as the X1 didn't support digital pre-orders when Wolf14 released and this two-week "grace period" was applied to other platforms as well. E.g.: https://steamdb.info/sub/41632/ and https://steamdb.info/sub/44649/.

There was actually an amusing situation with GMG as it didn't bin its Wolf14 pre-purchase keys, so instead it continued to sell them for around two or three months after launch, until supply dried up. Either GMG simply forgot to bin the keys or Bethesda forgot to tell GMG to do so. Regardless, some PC players got a little lucky.

Top Bottom