• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Closed Beta - March 31 through April 3

I was on the PS4 alpha, so it should turn into the beta, right? I'm confused because I was just sent another beta code, but it won't redeem.

lfvgt

Neo Member
Just received an e-mail with a key for the closed beta, but it's already in my steam games list since I pre-ordered Wolfenstein. Is this key a duplicate or can I give it to someone else so they can play too?

gl0w

Just received an e-mail with a key for the closed beta, but it's already in my steam games list since I pre-ordered Wolfenstein. Is this key a duplicate or can I give it to someone else so they can play too?

I will take it if you don't mind :) thanks!

CryptiK

Wait so because I bought it digitally with the same thing saying "Get BETA Access" I don't get access? Lmao what a joke.

SephLuis

As I posted earlier...search the store for Doom Closed Alpha. Download this and it will patch to the Doom beta client 2.02. Total download for the alpha client + patch is around 16GB

I didn't had access to the alpha and searching the store, I could only find the Pre-Order for the game.

I am starting to wonder if Bethesda will really send those beta codes for us that purchased digitally when Wolfenstein launched.

Tainted

I didn't had access to the alpha and searching the store, I could only find the Pre-Order for the game.

I am starting to wonder if Bethesda will really send those beta codes for us that purchased digitally when Wolfenstein launched.

I didn't have access to the Alpha either...but I entered in my code I got with my Wolfenstein TNO and I was able to download it and patch to the beta client

It says on their site, that people who preordered the digital Wolf: TNO automatically get access to the Doom beta so they don't need to anything more

The store link for the Alpha client is here. I believe you are only able to hit download on it if you have redeemed the code from Wolf TNO or preordered it digitally

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...lpha/cid=UP1003-CUSA00699_00-DOOMBETA00000001

You can also check to see if your account has access to the Doom beta by going into Settings / Account management / Account Information / Services on the PS4. If you have Doom listed, you should be able to download from the above link

RowdyReverb

Mine was a duplicate. At least, when I tried to redeem it, it said it had already been used

SephLuis

I didn't have access to the Alpha either...but I entered in my code I got with my Wolfenstein TNO and I was able to download it and patch to the beta client

It says on their site, that people who preordered the digital Wolf: TNO automatically get access to the Doom beta so they don't need to anything more

The store link for the Alpha client is here. I believe you are only able to hit download on it if you have redeemed the code from Wolf TNO or preordered it digitally

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...lpha/cid=UP1003-CUSA00699_00-DOOMBETA00000001

You can also check to see if your account has access to the Doom beta by going into Settings / Account management / Account Information / Services on the PS4. If you have Doom listed, you should be able to download from the above link

Thanks for the help. I did manage to find under Services that I have access to the beta, but entering the link it says I can only add to my wishlist the alpha.

Will wait a bit longer and see if I can download tomorrow.

Tainted

Thanks for the help. I did manage to find under Services that I have access to the beta, but entering the link it says I can only add to my wishlist the alpha.

Will wait a bit longer and see if I can download tomorrow.

Hmmm odd. Are you definitely logged in to the PSN site using your Playstation ID which redeemed the code / purchased Wolfenstein ?

I take it there won't be any open beta right? Close to end-game here.

I wouldn't rule it out completely...as it doesn't get released until May. The Division ended up having an open beta a couple of weeks before it launched.

Maybe a little different though, as online isn't the primary focus of Doom.

So I'm wanting to check out the customization and stuff but I can't accept the terms of agreement. I can't scroll down to hit continue. I've tried redownloading but didn't work. Any ideas?

Edit.

Problem fixed. Yay!

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Weird stuff on PS4 for me

I put the code in when I got wolfenstein at launch.
Got an email yesterday saying I was in the beta with no code.
So doom doesn't show in my library (hasn't since I changed hdd about a year ago).
Checked the services list and it shows up there.
But the mobile store only gives me the option to wish list the beta and it doesn't show up at all on the PS4 store.
Any ideas gaf?

Weird stuff on PS4 for me

I put the code in when I got wolfenstein at launch.
Got an email yesterday saying I was in the beta with no code.
So doom doesn't show in my library (hasn't since I changed hdd about a year ago).
Checked the services list and it shows up there.
But the mobile store only gives me the option to wish list the beta and it doesn't show up at all on the PS4 store.
Any ideas gaf?

Same problem here for me =/

Spankenstein

Neo Member
I have a BETA key. I presume giving away my only key wont have any detrimental effects like missing out on exclusive content for the final game? If not then the first one to PM me can have it.

Spookie

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spookie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Doom Beta (PC) -- MB-3405694A00C4E6EA - Taken by Regginator. 3 entrants total.

t1459339319z1.png

Mdk7

Guys I have a question: I played the Alpha on PS4, and I still have the Alpha on my console.
I know that I will be able to access the Beta, but do I need to do something do actually access the Beta itself? Like download again the whole thing, I don't know... thanks!

Guys I have a question: I played the Alpha on PS4, and I still have the Alpha on my console.
I know that I will be able to access the Beta, but do I need to do something do actually access the Beta itself? Like download again the whole thing, I don't know... thanks!

The Alpha just updates to the beta...

Check for an Update and it should download the beta

I have a BETA key. I presume giving away my only key wont have any detrimental effects like missing out on exclusive content for the final game? If not then the first one to PM me can have it.

I belive you still dont have after 2 hours lol

I really want to play this..

Cmagus

So is it actually downloadable yet? Just curious I got an email but I don't see the beta. I didn't get a key but I assume I'm automatically in since I bought Wolfenstein way back digitally.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So is it actually downloadable yet? Just curious I got an email but I don't see the beta. I didn't get a key but I assume I'm automatically in since I bought Wolfenstein way back digitally.

Yeah, if you pre-ordered Wolf14 digitally/bought it digitally within the first two weeks of release (for X1 players), you don't actually need a key. You should have been given one nonetheless, though; I was and I pre-ordered Wolf14 on Steam, so the beta has been in my library for about 17 hours now.

And on that note...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202050.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

(Steam) Doom beta -- MB-7F6BB0F73A474567 - Taken by Spirited

Unain

Gonna give it a chance with the beta (just appeared in Steam).
I hope the loadout/perk stuff isn't too overpowering.

Cmagus

Yeah, if you pre-ordered Wolf14 digitally/bought it digitally within the first two weeks of release (for X1 players), you don't actually need a key. You should have been given one nonetheless, though; I was and I pre-ordered Wolf14 on Steam, so the beta has been in my library for about 17 hours now.

And on that note...

Seems like a lot of people who bought it digitally is having this issue. One of the beta forum moderators posted this

This is for the PS4 users who purchased the Wolfenstein digital version

BETA EMAIL AND CODE UPDATE
If you received a BETA email - you should receive a message in your console inbox later today with the option to download.

ALPHA
Those of you trying to re -download this, please wait to see if you get the above code for download today. If not let us know, we are also still looking into the problems you are reporting and will update.

Thanks
Sarah

Top Bottom