• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM - Multiplayer Gameplay Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfe7V-_3r0

The first DOOM Closed Alpha begins Friday, October 23 at 12:01 ET and runs through Sunday, October 25 at 11:59 ET. Participants will square off in 6v6 Team Deathmatch on the Heatwave map. Using a limited arsenal of 6 weapons and 2 pieces of equipment, players can choose a pre-set loadout or customize their own loadout before jumping into arena-style combat in this industrial-themed map.

doom-alpha-infographic_FINAL_EN.jpg

More in the FAQ: http://doom.com/en-us/alpha/faq
What is the DOOM® MP Closed Alpha?

The DOOM MP Closed Alpha is a series of development-driven tests designed to stress test the game’s dedicated server infrastructure in a real-world end user environment. The first Closed Alpha is available on PC (through Steam), PS4, and Xbox One and will be available in North America and locations in Europe. Closed Alpha participants will be chosen from the people who have redeemed their DOOM Beta codes included with some physical retail copies of Wolfenstein: The New Order, and to those who pre-purchased or purchased the game digitally through May 26, 2014. It is not the Beta (offered with Wolfenstein®: The New Order™ pre-order), a demo, or representative of the final game.

For complete details on the DOOM Beta program go to wolfenstein.com/doom.

When is the DOOM® MP Closed Alpha?

Start: Friday, October 23, 2015 @ 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time

End: Sunday, October 25, 2015 @ 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time

On which platforms will the Closed Alpha be available?

The Closed Alpha is available on PC (through Steam), PS4, and Xbox One.

Where will the Closed Alpha be available?

The first Closed Alpha test will be available in North America and locations in Europe.

What languages does the Closed Alpha support?

The Closed Alpha is English-only.

How do I know if I’m eligible to participate in the DOOM MP Closed Alpha?

Closed Alpha participants will be chosen from the people who have redeemed their DOOM Beta codes included with some physical retail copies of Wolfenstein: The New Order, and to those who pre-purchased or purchased the game digitally through May 26, 2014.

Woorloog

Banned
Looks a bit slow paced (yes, i said that) but otherwise good. EDIT could be just the video and the players, ie segments are chosen for clarity. Overall good enough.
Though not a fan of the idea of having any kind of loadouts.

Probably the game that will replace Halo for me, though i'm going to miss vehicles so much.

Kssio_Aug

Shiiit... It's looking really really cool! Loved it!

Just sad that the main campaing won't feature co-op, that would guarantee a pre-order for me!

54-46!

They are still working on Quake Live so I doubt this is an attempt to create the next Q3A. It's kind of hard to tell though, will be interesting to see what competitive Quake players have to say about it.

This and UT, can't fucking wait for them to be out officially.

I actually don't like the huge weapon models in your hands and all the hitpoint popups but I'm sure they can be turned off.

Ricker

So entering the code from Wolfenstein on the PS4 when the game came out doesnt get you a code automatically...nice,thanks Bethesda.

walkspeed looks faster than COD walk speed, but slower than COD run speed. Seems really solid, actually. I haven't even bothered to enter in my code yet so I won't be in alpha, but I'm looking forward to the beta.

Hellgardia

Like a lot have said before, redeeming the beta key does not grant alpha access. It merely grants you a place in the next year's beta.

Looks very much like a slower, darker Quake, which isn't necessarily bad (and I get why you can't release something as fast as Doom 1/2 on consoles these days and expect a wide audience) but it's not that exciting.

Like a lot have said before, redeeming the beta key does not grant alpha access. It merely grants you a place in the next year's beta.
But alpha players are selected from the pool of beta players (except in Europe, because reasons)

Digital buyers of Wolf before May 26th, 2014 get in as well

Idk if they just haven't articulated this well or what. Maybe it's because the signup for the alpha just takes you to the beta site?

Looks very much like a slower, darker Quake, which isn't necessarily bad (and I get why you can't release something as fast as Doom 1/2 on consoles these days and expect a wide audience) but it's not that exciting.

Basically what I was about to say. Fine/inoffensive, but I'm probably gonna forget all about this alpha a week from now when I'm playing Halo 5.

MiguelItUp

Basically what I was about to say. Fine/inoffensive, but I'm probably gonna forget all about this alpha a week from now when I'm playing Halo 5.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I, on the other hand, care a lot more about this than Halo. Which is strange to consider since I'm caring more about an alpha than a full retail game, lol.

It really does give me Quake 2 vibes more than anything else, and that makes me more excited. Quake 2 and I go waaaaaay back.

DooMAGE

Looks good but...

WTF iD, why there is quad damage, jump pad, quake portals in my DOOM game!?

This is not Quake you dumbasses, go play some DOOM2/Zandronum please.

MiguelItUp

Looks good but...

I like how they have personal teleporters too. It's like they took a little from multiple classic FPSs and just crammed it into this.

Ixion

This video didn't blow my mind, but I think this looks like a lot of fun and I don't have any major complaints, especially since I'm a console player who needs slower walk speed.

Looks good but...

I think it was a good move to basically merge Doom/Quake, since not only are they similar franchises (especially starting at Quake 2), but who knows when iD will make another Quake. They're going all in with this game.

Hoje0308

Banned
That looks too slow to me. Hopefully there are modifiers available before setting up matches that allow you to correct this shit.

Icefire1424

Okay, so I had absolutely zero expectations for Doom multiplayer having seen MP in Doom 3, but the similarities between the latest iteration and Quake / Unreal MP are unmistakable. Suddenly extremely excited to hear more about this.

Top Bottom