• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM - Multiplayer Gameplay Video

The last 10 years? If you said the last 20 years, you'd be closer to the truth, since there's a lot of old school mechanics in this game that we haven't really seen in the last 10 years.
I guess. And I suppose those games owe a lot to Doom. I guess I'm biased, I never played the multiplayer portion of Doom as a kid, so it doesn't really represent the series for me.

I've started playing FPS games with Doom and Quake! I'm getting strong nostalgia vibes from this and fingers crossed for the return of the king of arena shooters!

Will probably have to upgrade my PC, keyboard and mouse is the winner here!

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Titanfall X Arena Shooter

Sounds good on paper but then you watch the trailer...

JsNXRzg.gif

Looks like every recent FPS out there put together. The game has no identity and it sure as hell doesn't look like a Doom game at all.

Hopefully the single player is better.

Having played the game, it doesn't play like anything else out there and it certainly has an identity. The double jump is crucial and you can get into some awesome player duels because the weapon balance is superb. I wouldnt say its very similar to Titanfall, either.

Truant

Looks great. Movement speed seems fine to me. I'm more concerned about the lack of recoil and movement sway. The weapons look a bit stiff/static in terms of movement.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
It looks kinda ...boring.

IDK, pretty standard.

.la1n

I see potential here. There are portions that give me Q3A vibes if the game play was a bit speedier. Looks a lot more interesting to me than any other FPS recently outside of the new UT.

benjammin

Looks like fun. The map shown is fairly generic, but hopefully there will be enough variety in the level design to keep things interesting

Looks good to me!

Yes, it's not as fast as the old games but honestly I'm getting old and I don't think I can keep up that kind of pace anymore. I like that it has a lot of Quake elements as well.

MiguelItUp

I just noticed the comparing to Titanfall stuff, it is nothing like it at all. You can double jump and you can climb ledges, that is certainly not enough to be like OMG TITANFALL! Honestly I was impressed with it, it feels like what I was hoping it'd feel like to be honest, however the overall flow feels kind of like a mix between Q2 / Q3. That's literally all I'll say because of NDA and all. Regardless it made me more hyped and comfortable in my hype.

Top Bottom