• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fighters (2.5D fighter, 3v3, BN/Arc System Works, PC/XB1/PS4) announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy shit that artstyle looks just like the anime.

2017-06-0914_47_34-jpwqu8p.png

A DBZ game with 3D visuals that AREN'T outright terrible for once? And looks like something out of the Guilty Gear Xrd engine? Well, this is a surprise.

Crocodile

This would be a 2D (plane) fighter right? I've been DEMANDING a new one of those for this franchise forever <3 <3

Who is developing it though? That's super important. At the very least I hope they include characters from the latest Dragon Ball Super arc - SO MANY good choices.

Nah, I can't get into 2d fighters. Too complex for me, the 3d fighters have always been more fun. Raging Blast 2 will forever be the greatest Dragon Ball game of all time.

bethore

I'll say that Budokai 3 is the best Dragonball game I've ever played. I hate the gameplay style of the Dragonball "sim" that we've gotten with the Tenkaichi, Raging Blast, and Xenoverse series. Burst Limit was a downgrade as was Infinite World to a lesser extent. I want a good game with a Dragonball skin rather than a fan service Dragonball game.

MetalSlug

Please don't have any custom characters/items like Xenoverse.

Make it like Budokai 3 (Cross-platform online would be nice as well) and I'll be happy.

yoonshik

The devs from BlazBlue and Guilty Gear, right?
Yep.

Is that an assumption or fact?
I can't see anything related to ASW in that image.

Google translate:

This work is a full-scale fighting game specialized in battle that draws a line from the traditional "Dragon Ball" series. In development, ARC System Works Co., Ltd., which handles a number of 2D fighting fighting games highly appreciated both in Japan and abroad, is responsible for pursuing expressions of the anime version "Dragon Ball" familiar with World Wide in the game thoroughly . You can enjoy the world view of "Dragon Ball" with a realistic battle experience as if you are animating yourself.

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/E38389E383A9E382B4E383B3E3839CE383BCE383ABE38395E3.pdf

Macrotus

The graphics look perfect!

Too bad it isn't coming out on Steam here... /shrug
I guess ill have to get it on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom