• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fighters (2.5D fighter, 3v3, BN/Arc System Works, PC/XB1/PS4) announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackage

I'm sorry, is this a 3 v 3 Marvel vs Capcom 2/3 style fighter with assists but Dragon Ball characters?

Take my money Ark Sys.

So this game is going to have better animation than any Dragon Ball show ever, huh?

dizzy-2.gif

dlf2VAQ.gif

tumblr_ojruy1zyaN1usrgjso1_540.gif

Most DB games have. This is expected, you should be comparing with the other games not with the low budget weekly anime.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
How is the PC version of the newest Guilty Gear?

This looks great. I liked Extreme Butoden despite it being a bit thin and I love Xenoverse 2. Will be great to have a 2D Dragon Ball fighter for modern consoles. Hopefully this means Xenoverse 3 next year.

I wonder of they'll include Tournament of Power characters? Love to have Caulifa, Kale, and Jiren.

Revven

Hopefully it does better outside of Japan than the last competitive Dragon Ball FG. (Super DBZ)

Super DBZ was quite um... abstract to the casual DBZ fans and didn't stay close enough to how Budokai played. It had its core fans that played it (obviously) but anyone with eyes could see Super DBZ wasn't going to do amazing in the West. If it was strictly a 2D fighter, nobody would have compared it as a less content rich and "awkward" version of Budokai. (Not saying it's bad, just the kind of different 3D fighter that wasn't appealing to people who liked Budokai -- which back then was the majority of DBZ fans).

I'm sure this game will sell better to casuals just due to the visuals alone.

mcmmaster

Gematsu's translation

The game uses a three-versus-three team battle system, allowing players to determine the compatibility between characters and form a team of fighters. It will incorporate the “ultra high speed battles” and “flashy special moves” that the Dragon Ball series is known for.

According to producer Tomoko Hiroki, while Dragon Ball titles of recent years have been 3D, they chose 2.5D this time because there were some things that can only be done in that style. While it looks like 2D animation at first glance, it has a broader range of expression as they can shift camera angles and incorporate a lot of unique production not possible in 2D alone.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
it's called Dragon Ball Fighters not Z or Super or whatever, that means they will draw characters from all series.

at least i hope so... this is so hype.

Early Dragonball version would have been cool too, hopefully theres something relating to that. Kid goku and Jackie Chun would be better than Gold Friezas and Blue Gokus.

Its a fighting game so give me martial arts, and less screaming and explosions :S

M3d10n

I would call those screens bullshots like the infamous CyberConnect Naruto "screens", but Arc System is on a whole different level so I'll allow myself to be hyped.

Is this Guilty Gear real life?
FTFY
Yes, it is. That's real time 3D graphics on fucking last gen consoles.

Nibel

The true sequel to MvC3 whew

Really hope this will be good; I want to see a good Dragonball game at Evo 2018

I would call those screens bullshots like the infamous CyberConnect Naruto "screens", but Arc System is on a whole different level so I'll allow myself to be hyped.

Also, this is a PS4/XB1 game, no last gen. Even if those are bullshots it'll still look good given Ark System's track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom