• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fighters (2.5D fighter, 3v3, BN/Arc System Works, PC/XB1/PS4) announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

I mean they're drawn so poorly in the show, but at least they arent flipping you off
Does anyone thats gone through puberty find that to be cool?

The concept of an arc sys dbz game is great, but leave out the awful fanfic type shit from Super pls

DragonBall Super is pretty great and its better than GT and the Buu Saga. The only real blemish has been the RoF arc.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah guys Dragon Ball is cool and all but WHERE THE HELL IS A ONE PIECE GAME IN THE STYLE LIKE THIS???? GIVE ME A GREAT ONE PIECE FIGHTING GAME FFS!!!

Seriously it's about damn time, how more popular need One Piece to get to finally get a great OP fighting game??

PLS ARC SYSTEM WORKS MAKE A ONE PIECE GAME NEXT

and My Hero Academia afterwards

Thanks to everyone who replied on my graphics comment, very excited.

Issue is that Dragonball games have trained me to care too much about the roster, will be interested to see what it covers, how many characters, etc...

Cool to see ASW is doing it but I feel I would have preferred 1v1 than 3v3

4bUV7Ls.gif
Nah, ever since Goku Black arc, I feel like they deliberately want to focus on team battle. Zamasu and Black teamwork and their fight coreography is just cool to look at and felt very fresh in Dragon Ball. And now the current arc focusing on battle royale, I like this new focus. It makes the fight less predictable with constant warping and repeated animation.

Playsage

Dragon Ball ASW fighter with Marvel-like system? OH GOD

I remember fantasizing about this but with Medaka Box characters

jett

D-Member
ArcSys getting paid.

I imagine it will look quite similar to Xrd in motion, hopefully it has a few more frames of animation. :p

edit: 3v3 wow. Going straight after MAHVEL. Capcpom better get their act together, cuz an actually well-made DBZ fighter could transcend the "anime fighter" niche label.

Can this thread not be filled with back and forth arguments about Super?

Yeah guys Dragon Ball is cool and all but WHERE THE HELL IS A ONE PIECE GAME IN THE STYLE LIKE THIS???? GIVE ME A GREAT ONE PIECE FIGHTING GAME FFS!!!

Seriously it's about damn time, how more popular need One Piece to get to finally get a great OP fighting game??

PLS ARC SYSTEM WORKS MAKE A ONE PIECE GAME NEXT

and My Hero Academia afterwards

One Piece games just don't sell as well as Dragon Ball games, not even in Japan.

Sn4ke_911

Imagine a goddamn DB game with those graphics.

tumblr_opd6cweZYM1r7sijxo1_500.gif

Holy shit, is this real life!?

Sn4ke_911

Can this thread not be filled with back and forth arguments about Super?

One Piece games just don't sell as well as Dragon Ball games, not even in Japan.

But why not? i mean this is insane, the manga and anime are so popular, you would think the games would sell good too.

andymcc

Banned
People have been asking for another arcsys dbz game for a while. Cant wait for people to not play it.

It's on consoles that people play fighting games on tho.

Look at xenoverse's sales. The current popularity of DBS.

It's going to sell much better than the 3ds game.

DragonBall Super is pretty great and its better than GT and the Buu Saga. The only real blemish has been the RoF arc.

From what ive seen it was pretty questionable animation and writing, which is odd considering Dragonballs seemingly endless popularity.

there are now like 10 super saiyans and blue super saiyans and other shit I dont even know
its a fucking mess. Buu arc was fanservicey but super is like next level "lets make multiple dimensions and gods for goku to fight, lets make a female broly, lets make another few super saiyan forms, lets bring back frieza again, lets make all the useless characters useful again" etc

Then you probably just hate Dragonball

lol.... Dragonball is a timeless classic of a manga
sometimes things just need to end instead of being dragged on until they stop making money. Super is retroactively making characters worse.

Asd202

That was me yes.

It's using the Xrd tools, I don't know if it's exactly the same engine, but it was a request of Bandai to produce "Xrd quality". So it should be.

And EVO is absolutely a goal. So let's get hype.

Holy shit holy shit!!!!

Sephzilla

From what ive seen it was pretty questionable animation and writing, which is odd considering Dragonballs seemingly endless popularity.

there are now like 10 super saiyans and blue super saiyans and other shit I dont even know
its a fucking mess. Buu arc was fanservicey but super is like next level "lets make multiple dimensions and gods for goku to fight, lets make a female broly, lets make another few super saiyan forms, lets bring back frieza again, lets make all the useless characters useful again" etc

The animation has gotten better as the series has gone on, but yeah the first 20 episodes was rough as hell. That being said, while Super had really rough animation, it's not like DBZ was immune to that either. The Goku Black arc is legit one of my favorite arcs in Dragonball though.

LKSmash

Lol, come on son.

Dragon Ball is amazing.
DBZ is good up to Freezer part.
Rest is somewhere between kinda ok and hot garbage.

Anyway, back on topic : I'm really curious to know more about the combat system.

DBZ is good through Cell saga. Then it completely dies after that.

RocknRola

That was me yes.

It's using the Xrd tools, I don't know if it's exactly the same engine, but it was a request of Bandai to produce "Xrd quality". So it should be.

And EVO is absolutely a goal. So let's get hype.

This right here gives me legit hope it's gonna be a full blown, proper fighting game!

DB threads on gaming side are like Pokemon threads.
Everyone has a hot take about how bad it is now.

Can we just talk about the game instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom