• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fighters (2.5D fighter, 3v3, BN/Arc System Works, PC/XB1/PS4) announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
But why not? i mean this is insane, the manga and anime are so popular, you would think the games would sell good too.
Japan doesn't really buy a lot of dedicated device games, and especially not fighting games (Tekken just debuted at ~60,000 copies).

One Piece on mobile however does quite well there.

Thank you BASED GODS. No way Extreme Butoden was going to be the last time ASW would do DBZ.

Also this shit is ABSOLUTELY using Xrd tech.

I hope it has some characters from the universe tournament arc but i wont be holdig my breath. Itll most likely just be dbz characters with maybe 3 or 4 from super

Gbraga

That was me yes.

It's using the Xrd tools, I don't know if it's exactly the same engine, but it was a request of Bandai to produce "Xrd quality". So it should be.

And EVO is absolutely a goal. So let's get hype.

HOLY SHIT

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Burst Limit 3

GunBR

A new DBZ game? Okay
It's gonna be a 2D fighting? Well, that's interesting

But a DBZ game made by Arc? AAAAAAAAAAA 1000% HYPE

Forkball

EVO 2018 lineup:

Dragon Ball Fighters
Super Smash Bros. for Switch
ARMS
Pokken Tournament DX
Ultra Street Fighter II
Guilty Gear X Blazblue X Nitroplus Blasterz

LordKasual

Banned
Holy shit that artstyle looks just like the anime.

2017-06-0914_47_34-jpwqu8p.png

HOLY fucking shit

god dammit ASW are the saviors of anime style games

Slaythe

I'm really hoping they include 17.

He usually always gets the shaft in 2D games because "he looks like 18 and 18 is the only girl so we gotta make her playable".

As if making 20 clones with super saiyan goku, goku, goku blue etc... wasn't a problem.

I have asked them directly a few months ago... Let's see how this goes. :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm guessing the game will play familar to that fan-made DB fighting game Hyper Dragon Ball Z

This is the closest we have so far to a real competitive Dragon Ball fighting game.

TreIII

That was me yes.

It's using the Xrd tools, I don't know if it's exactly the same engine, but it was a request of Bandai to produce "Xrd quality". So it should be.

And EVO is absolutely a goal. So let's get hype.

Wow. To hold onto something like this for so long without bursting...I salute you, sir.

Hot damn, I can't wait for this.

VDenter

Banned
Seeing DragonBall at EVO would be fucking amazing. Hell, we live in an age where Mortal Kombat has been at EVO

Buu Saga is worse than the Cell Saga by a long shot.

The Buu arc is pretty mediocre but man the Cell arc is full of plot holes and the characters never act so idiotic as they do in the Cell arc. It also introduced some concepts that should have never been part of the franchise in retrospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom