• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Trunks

cordy

Banned
They're the exact same character? People here want the upgraded moveset

?

Don't matter. Z's Trunks takes priority over Super's Trunks' and shit should have been common sense. Trunks might have 1 extra move to connect him to Super but nah bruh, Super's Trunks is likely going to be DLC given his movelist is enough to make him a brand new character. This ain't going to be like Tekken where everybody has a plethora of moves. It's limited.

There's a difference between wanting Super's Trunks and thinking it'll happen over Z's Trunks. You can want him all you want but people should have known this guy was going to be in the game.

Dude has only one more unique skill in Super. Every other move is just a copy of someone else, and those people are already on the roster.

The DB fanbase is under the impression that big beam attacks with different colors and names are actually different in practice.

The real travesty is that he isn't Movie 9 Trunks.

Reset

Better not have Goku then!!, all his moves are a copy of Master Roshi and King Kai

Lol, yeah sure add Roshi and King Kai over Goku. Your point doesn't stand since Goku is the main character and he's known for using those moves. Better point you;d be not to include Gotten, since he doesn't have a single unique move nor design.

The DB fanbase is under the impression that big beam attacks with different colors and names are actually different in practice.

The real travesty is that he isn't Movie 9 Trunks.

It's not even that. His additional moves in Super are
Galick Gun - Vegeta Uses it
Masenko - Gohan Uses it
Final Flash - Vegeta Uses it
Super Saiyan 2 - This is a move now?
Switching forms - Yeah, I wonder how they're going to implement this lol, and it was like three seconds in the anime and it's not this is restricted to Super only Trunks. Almost every saiyan is able to do this.

Spirit Sword - I'll give them this, even though it's just a Spirit Bomb.

Rather have him use Z Trunks moveset where he uses his own attacks like Burning attack, Buster cannon, and Heat Dome. Give me the better Z design, over the stick that was in Super. Give him the Spirit Sword to represent the Super part of him, but that's it lol

Eylos

Banned
?

Don't matter. Z's Trunks takes priority over Super's Trunks' and shit should have been common sense. Trunks might have 1 extra move to connect him to Super but nah bruh, Super's Trunks is likely going to be DLC given his movelist is enough to make him a brand new character. This ain't going to be like Tekken where everybody has a plethora of moves. It's limited.

There's a difference between wanting Super's Trunks and thinking it'll happen over Z's Trunks. You can want him all you want but people should have known this guy was going to be in the game.
Just add clothes change and the ability to go to that new form with new moves, no need for 2 future trunks, imo

Fj0823

Just add clothes change and the ability to go to that new form with new moves, no need for 2 future trunks, imo

Exactly this. It gives the character more moves and variety in the freaking fighting game

I cant believe what I´m reading "He can only have the 2 attacks I know and that's it! That wil help variety!!"

RedFury

Better not have Goku then!!, all his moves are a copy of Master Roshi and King Kai

We don't know, at the moment it's Trunks Exclusive

Gohan recently said he
soesn't want to get SSB but wants to perfect his Ultimate form instead.
So exclusive forms are probably a thing
Good on them (writers). Sounds more like they want to make characters unique more than a lore related exclusivity. I'm excited for new transformations and the direction they're going. Let's be real some of the hypest moments come from character transformations. Would like if they put more into the reasons why they happen because lately they've been paper thin but can't really complain when they're badass and it's what I asked for.

Exactly this. It gives the character more moves and variety in the freaking fighting game

I cant believe what I´m reading "He can only have the 2 attacks I know and that's it! That wil help variety!!"
If be down for an MK type fighting style select for other characters as well.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Trunks_slices_Freiza_in_half.jpg

One of the top 5 moments in Dragon Ball history, so yeah, perfect pic

cordy

Banned

It's possible with the moves. They won't add a clothing change though given it's ASW and depending on the movelist size, we can already see how he'll play. I say he'll definitely have these.

- Sword Rush Combo
- Burning Attack
- ???

Super Special Attack
- Shining Sword/Burning Slash
- Heat Dome

Transformation
- Super Saiyan

Anything else beyond that? We'll see. Freeza's got the biggest moveset out of anyone thus far and he's only got 8 moves.

Siege.exe

DBS Future Trunks not having many unique moves is true, but. BUT. Father-Son Galick Gun tho.
And Final Flash is better than Buster Cannon and its variations anyway

Fj0823

DBS Future Trunks not having many unique moves is true, but. BUT. Father-Son Galick Gun tho.
And Final Flash is better than Buster Cannon and its variations anyway

But Teen Gohan is the same and no one complains about that.

TBH If you want attacks that no else has you´d have to get people like Gotenks, Dabura, Fat Buu, Ginyu and Hit over any Saiyan/Human main character

People here think of Dragon Ball games in the veins of Xenoverse, Tenkaishi and co, with loads of clone characters. That's not how Arc games works. Each character is unique, and even if the anime version have poor movelist, they will make up for it one way of the other.

My guess is the first iteration will be full DBZ, and the next add-on/revision will have Super characters. If not, they can't really re-use the existing roster and expand for a sequel.
I hope, so I can entirly skip whatever abomination followed volume 42 of the manga.

Village

We don't know, at the moment it's Trunks Exclusive

Gohan recently said he
doesn't want to get SSB but wants to perfect his Ultimate form instead.
So exclusive forms are probably a thing
Thats actually cool. Maybe when he perfects it he gets no moves and properties

Dereck

Funny enough I don't think I've seen sleeveless Magazine model Trunks in any Dragon Ball game.

Someone quote this post and do the well..actually thing.

Sephzilla

They should have went with DB Super Future Trunks because that's the only version of Trunks who actually gets anything done.

Movie 9 Trunks does look fucking cool though

I don't get why they held things like Blue transformations & Zamasu/Black etc. To keep the trickle of hype high? don't they think it would've been just as good if they revealed with that? (blue at least)

BossRush

Y'all be talking about giving Trunks super or Z moves. But since Cell has Slayer's 2D what I really want
From Trunks is obvious.

20120109000702!GGAC_Ky_GreedSever.png

I don't get why they held things like Blue transformations & Zamasu/Black etc. To keep the trickle of hype high? don't they think it would've been just as good if they revealed with that? (blue at least)
Too early to reveal characters outside of Z, with the exception to Gold Frieza. They probably want to get the familiar characters out the way before introducing some new ones. This will be, if I'm not mistaken, the second DBZ game to have characters from Super, and I'm 99% sure it will have them.

MisterMac

Shame we don't get alternate costumes. I'd love movie 9 Trunks and also for me Long Haired Saiyan Armor Trunks is GOAT. Just do it like Budokai and keep the sword. Don't need two of the same characters.

Also outside of his new form DBS trunk'a outfits are terrible

More people overall care about classics from Z than new characters for an initial announcement.

Alot of people would be scratching their heads on who Goku Black is.

It seems like ASW are using the most iconic version of each character for the designs (Super Vegeta, SSJ2 Kid Gohan, Android Saga F. Trunks).

To those asking for DBS F. Trunks, there could be aspects of that versions in Trunks move set. At least there will be an alt color that references the design with blue hair.

NeonZ

Dude has only one more unique skill in Super. Every other move is just a copy of someone else, and those people are already on the roster.

Well, there's how he actually fought with his sword, threw it, used sword beams and such, unlike Z Trunks who as soon as he had problems in combat dumped the sword.

Of course, several games made Z Trunks sword focused anyway, in spite of that not matching the series (Tenkaichi, Xenoverse) but that didn't always happen (original Butoden, Budokai). Extreme Butoden itself had Trunks only using his sword for a couple of attacks.

These guys know whats up. Whilst I love him in Z, his design in Bojack was solid af. The sleeveless jacket does wonders, his weak design in Super can't touch this.

rsz_1vlcsnap_2017_06_22_19h34m18s387_by_mcmemie-dbdn1pd.png

rsz_vlcsnap_2017_06_22_19h38m39s838_by_mcmemie-dbdn1p4.png

yeah the design used in the bojack movie is without a doubt the best trunks design, nothing can compair

Not sure how Satan will be in this game.

He can't fly.
He has no projectile attacks.

give him a jetpack and have him throw grenades, it's how the other dragon ball games do it

Loona

I think, with the picture of him in the scan, that it will be the move used to kill Cell in the future:

TrunksFutureHeatDomeAttackNV.png

IIRC, he used that after intercepting a tail attack by Cell and throwing him up into the air - so maybe that'll be a (super) counter?...

Does not compute

The correct Trunks to pick is the one that doesn't use his sword for shit and you expect him to have a sword based moveset?

Maybe he can have a sword stance? It's far from a new concept in fighting games, and would cover the limited proportion of times Trunks actually used the thing in the grand scheme of things...

One thing that comes to mind is that that attack preceded by the quick hand gestures could be a follow-up to some attack the uses the sword to impale the opponent on the floor or against a wall, that'd help justify the length of the animation...

Top Bottom