• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Trunks

Eylos

Banned
Guys discussing Trunks hair, what about mai?

300px-Mai_cl%C3%A1ssico_e_super.png

Too early to reveal characters outside of Z, with the exception to Gold Frieza. They probably want to get the familiar characters out the way before introducing some new ones. This will be, if I'm not mistaken, the second DBZ game to have characters from Super, and I'm 99% sure it will have them.

i agree, but how do they figure golden frieza is better to show than blue?

More people overall care about classics from Z than new characters for an initial announcement.

Alot of people would be scratching their heads on who Goku Black is.

that's understandable. but my main complaint is they showed golden frieza. nobody knows that frieza that wouldn't know blue transformation.

OmegaDL50

I originally had thought the reason why this game was called Dragonball Fighter Z was just an excuse to use the DBZ stuff first only to later on release a Dragonball Fighter S for DBS stuff, but Golden Frieza being present throws this idea out the window.

I originally had thought the reason why this game was called Dragonball Fighter Z

Was just an excuse to use the DBZ stuff first only to later on release a Dragonball Fighter S for DBS stuff, but Golden Frieza being present throws this idea out the window.

Well they are counting Golden Freeza as a Z character due to the movies coming before Super.

I hope this game doesn't turn out like a Budokai game. I don't really care to see every transformation ever playable. I just want a solid fighting game.

royox

The rage power up was decent, but didn't have any justification whatsoever

People keeps forgetting Trunks is a half saiyan like GOHAN and has the exact same trait of getting stupidly stronger when in rage mode.

Trunks Rage SS is the same as Gohan's SSj2 vs Cell. The difference is that Gohan archieved SSj2 but Trunks was already a ssj2.

People keeps forgetting Trunks is a half saiyan like GOHAN and has the exact same trait of getting stupidly stronger when in rage mode.

Trunks Rage SS is the same as Gohan's SSj2 vs Cell. The difference is that Gohan archieved SSj2 but Trunks was already a ssj2.

That's really just headcanon - Kid Trunks and Goten weren't ever able to get a rage boost even after learning that Buu ate everyone they know. Future Trunks wasn't even getting a boost of any kind when
Black straight up murders his mother in front of his eyes.

Super is just wildly inconsistent and decided that rage boosts were a thing at a certain point in the Future Trunks arc although Z really only had Gohan do it aside from the Saiyan's initlal SSJ transformations. It got so bad to the point where Black just decides he's mad out of nowhere and then pulls
clones
out of his ass.

JayEH

I know arcsys rarely does additional costumes but I'd love to see trunks with a ponytail and armor on.

Loona

He also forgets something as important as characters and hair colour

RIP Lunch.

I recall that an old arcade DBZ game game Mr Satan a jetpack to keep up with the others... it'd be quite the surprise if Lunch made it to this carrying enough weapons to level a continent, which doesn't seem all that implausible with Capsule tech.. but there's still the matter of protective gear to be able to survive everyone else's attacks...

I hope this game doesn't turn out like a Budokai game. I don't really care to see every transformation ever playable. I just want a solid fighting game.

They already stated that not all characters would have transformation supers and they wanted to avoid having multiple forms of characters separated as different characters on the roster.

I wouldn't be Surprised if SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta is all we get and they have an SSJB Color palette.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
For those who don't follow the other thread.

First screenshot of Trunks in the game revealed.

Please pay attention how the explosion affects his hair.

DDOypU6VYAAobsf.jpg

THIS. GAME.

Top Bottom