• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khansolo1

0.jpg

latest

Aside from the fighting scenes it looks like the art quality is pretty meh for most of it. But I'm fine with that - there weren't many battle scenes in this ep, just talking and intros. I'm fine with this if it frees the quality animators for the battle scenes going forward!!

Other than a little bit of Toei Philippines jank in the second half that was a pretty okay looking episode. The opening fight was a really nice surprise, really well animated! Those three GoDs also already have enough to work with for movesets in video games, lol.
Character interactions were great and seeing all the teams was cool, and Jiren's intro was pretty cool as well.
I'm very intrigued by Fish GoD not fighting and the fact that Universe 4 seems to have 2 invisible fighters or something.
NEP looks great as well!

Karsha

Didn't the Toei site talk about a
fighter that is insect like and uses camuflage?
Gotta be the invisible dude from the Rat god universe I guess since no one from the shown characters matches the description

Good episode, good diversity in the teams kind of getting Dark Tournament vibes which is a good thing. Jiren's introduction was hype and it looks like they won't waste much time to get him and Goku fighting. Freeza and Frost up to no good, interested to see how that plays out.

Ashodin

Didn't the Toei site talk about a
fighter that is insect like and uses camuflage?
Gotta be the invisible dude from the Rat god universe I guess since no one from the shown characters matches the description

Their excuse to not animate a fighter and have him beat up on a U7 fighter while being invisible

Then Tien comes in and saves the day

About damn time the Tournament part of this arc is starting.

As for the
three-GoD fight at the beginning
dj-khaled-played-yourself.jpg

Speaking of, interesting that pretty much all of the gods and angels' names are a play on alcoholic drinks. Classic Toriyama.

Good episode, good diversity in the teams kind of getting Dark Tournament vibes which is a good thing. Jiren's introduction was hype and it looks like they won't waste much time to get him and Goku fighting. Freeza and Frost up to no good, interested to see how that plays out.

Same here. That's such a classic tournament arc.

Random theory time: What if instead of using the super dragonballs to wish back all the defeated universes once this is done, they use them to merge all the defeated universes into Universe 7?

NeonZ

What are the odds are then that
Caulifla is among the first of U6 to get Worfed/bumped off which puts Kale into the rage mentioned in the future episode title?

I think that would be very weird, considering how she has been hyped as a battle genius and is one of Toriyama's few confirmed designs for this arc.

I think that would be very weird, considering how she has been hyped as a battle genius and is one of Toriyama's few confirmed designs for this arc.

I could see her being attacked and nearly beaten which triggers Kale's transformation, but not actually thrown out of the ring

Ingeniero

Random theory time: What if instead of using the super dragonballs to wish back all the defeated universes once this is done, they use them to merge all the defeated universes into Universe 7?
The defeated universes can't be wished back with the SDB.
They'll be destroyed by Zeno, the top boss. The ultimate Hakai. There's no coming back from that man.

HardRojo

Yoo! Jiren hype!
Weird that the Yardartian is from U2. Did we see all of the U6 warriors? I swear I only saw the original 5 plus the 3 Saiyans, so there are 2 more left to see.
And the damn Yardratian looks smug as fuck, I wonder what techniques he has up his sleeve.

The defeated universes can't be wished back with the SDB.
They'll be destroyed by Zeno, the top boss. The ultimate Hakai. There's no coming back from that man.

The super dragonballs were literally described as unlimited wishes, as opposed to the limited power of the normal and namekian balls, so I don't think it's out of the question. I think it's naive to expect any of the other universes to actually be completely erased and remain that way, not to mention a total waste

Yoo! Jiren hype!
Weird that the Yardartian is from U2. Did we see all of the U6 warriors? I swear I only saw the original 5 plus the 3 Saiyans, so there are 2 more left to see.
And the damn Yardratian looks smug as fuck, I wonder what techniques he has up his sleeve.

There is 2 silouettes in the background for U6, so other then that we haven't seen the 2 final members yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom