• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mGLklk1.png

I like how Goku's still smiling in the picture before he realizes what's going on

Caulifla's jobbing, the "lol U7 saiyans are wimps for fearing THEM" seals it." Probably won't even be Jiren, maybe some third rate U11 member like Rabbit Beerus.

This tournament is gonna be a treasure trove of new characters for DB games; heck the 3 GoD's testing the ring has shown enough for them to show up in future games.

• I loved how well Yamacha took the L. He's such an inspiration, and I'm not even joking about it.
  • As much as it pains me, yeah. It seems Caulifla is going to job, triggering Kale to go all Broly on their asses. That would explain why she was more prominent in the promotional material than Cauli.
  • Universe 2 team actually looks really cool. The other teams are mixed. Some great designs, some trashy ones.
  • I'm actually impressed that they ended up actually offering 80 fighters, 65 of which are new.

I was very impressed by this episode. It wasn't even as ugly as I thought it would be. The first half is even good looking with a nicely animated fight.

The NEP looks crazy already. Can't wait to see how this will be played out.

RocknRola

Nice episode to get the "boring bits" out of the way (only boring because they refused to have Frieza interact with anyone other than Vegeta and Goku). Hope this means 97 is a full blown fight episode :) Can't wait!

WE'RE FINALLY HERE! After almost 5 months we're finally gonna get it going! :D

HardRojo

I wonder who's going down next episode. In general, not just U7. And I wonder if there's a reason they didn't reveal the last 2 members from U6. Hopefully a Namekian is in there.

Fandangox

Yamcha took rejection pretty well.

When they showed him overhearing Goku said "there's no one else" I thought "oh wow, they might actually do something with him on Earth"

but his next scene made me realize that no, nothing like that is ever gonna happen lol

I-hate-u

Jiren's already looking awesome.

Despite nothing really happening this episode, the character interactions together makes it up big time.

Kevinroc

I knew this episode would be a meet and greet.

I'm a little disappointed Frieza didn't ask about the Saiyan who cut him in half (Future Trunks). But the scenes with Vegeta and Frieza (and Beerus) were gold. And whatever will go down with Frieza and Frost is exciting.

Caulifla's totally gonna job. Gotta agree with the consensus.

Jiren is hype.

I'm really curious about some of these last minute additions some of these universes grabbed.

I-hate-u

This episode was really good.

I was really down on Freeza getting Buu's spot, but the character chemistry is much more entertaining due to his presence.

Beerus's snap-ing at Whis, and Champa's tongue thing, they both prove they still are greatest characters in Super.

Effect

What are the odds are then that
Caulifla is among the first of U6 to get Worfed/bumped off which puts Kale into the rage mentioned in the future episode title?

That is most certainly what is going to happen. It's just who is going to be the one to do it and get that fight.

I'm very intrigued by Fish GoD not fighting

the way i took it is that he knew what DaiShinkan was up to, that's why he said he already knew how it would play out. I think he just didn't want to help fix up the stage lol.

This episode was really good.
yeah i agree

Impressions of the teams...

Universe 2 -

My favorite team. So much versatility and fucking MUFASA ON ROIDS. HARPIE LADY FROM YGO! GENERAL RILLDO IS BACK BABY! Kidding aside I really like this team.

Universe 3 -

Probably the most creative of the bunch but also some cool homages. Dr. Tenma, Casshern, etc. The little dude also looks a bit like Baby as well.

Universe 4 -

Some neat designs here-and-there. Not bad, but kind of bland. The little guy is awesome though.

Universe 9 -

This is actually one of my favorites out of the bunch, it's too bad they're probably going to be fodder. This looks like some Yu Yu Hakusho/Hunter x Hunter type shit. Awesome stuff.

Universe 10 -

Eh whatever. I like the dude with the butthole mouth.

Universe 11, 7, and 6 look like jobber teams!

u2 is def my favorite team visually as well

Mark1

The episode was a fun wee one before the climax. It was glorious to see the Frieza*Frost interaction. Watch them either turn back against one another or betray both universes.

Yamcha took the rejection better than I expected. The dynamic between Vegeta, Beerus and Frieza was excellent as well.

Can't wait to finally get into this tournament now.

Ashodin

What did that fourth GoD say/mean when asked why he wasn't participating?

he said he knew what the outcome of the match would be. Considering how he smirks as the other three have to fix the stage, he knew he would have to put in work fixing it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom