• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Builders releasing in NA in October on PS4 and Vita

Ridley327

Was the Vita version any good? I figured a big part of why I Am Setsuna is skipping the west on Vita was because of how awful it runs and loads, so I'm curious to see how DQB stacks up in comparison.

Ydelnae

It was real, I knew it!

tumblr_inline_o7hp11YWqy1rj94gz_500.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They are bringing more text heavy DQ main games over so i always expected this game to eventually get a NA/EU version - glad we have the confirmation.

Dont know if the game will be for me but the JP impressions were quite positive.

Raw64life

Dragon Quest games being localized is always great news.

I had no interest in Dynasty Warriors but bought and enjoyed Dragon Quest Heroes, so I'll be getting this as well despite having no interest in Minecraft.

thenexus6

Never played a Dragon Quest game before, apart from knowing theres blue slime characters I know nothing about the series.

However all the talk about it on 8-4 play and watching some streams I am very interested in getting this. Depending on what other games are out around October I will probably get this.

With the anniversary it would also be a great point to announce DQH2 for the west. I wonder if that's even coming this year now.

muteki

... Square hasn't even released any (JP developed) Vita games for a long time. Digital only is an improvement over what we had before.
I guess it has been longer than I thought, FFX was the last I remembered but that was almost 3 years ago.

Assuming they bring Vita World of Final Fantasy over I assume will be digital only too.

Arkeband

Banned
I don't know what I expected from that trailer, it's literally the same exact thing as the Japanese one except with the US release date at the end.

Still hyped.

Assuming they bring Vita World of Final Fantasy over I assume will be digital only too.

We know it's coming because you've been able to pre order it since last e3 and no site has taken down their listing for it, hell even the Square store has it up for pre order. There's also been no indication that it will be anything other than a physical cart.

Ridley327

Thank god, I was getting worried about VII and VIII not coming out this year

7 wasn't in question, as Nintendo has had it in their press materials for 2016, even after the summer period had been seemingly dropped. 8 still on track for 2016 is a much bigger surprise, since it's been assumed that it was pushed back to a likely February release, as Nintendo has had a lot of success with 3DS RPGs in that month.

Cornbread78

I'm trying to determine if I should bow down on my knees and be thankful we are getting this on Vita in NA, or continue to say FU to SE for no physical version. I'm happy we're getting it on Vita!!!!

How did they determine this would sell more on Vita in NA than Setsuna though?

I'm just...

I'm glad we're getting the game, but their strategy/logic is ??????

7 wasn't in question, as Nintendo has had it in their press materials for 2016, even after the summer period had been seemingly dropped. 8 still on track for 2016 is a much bigger surprise, since it's been assumed that it was pushed back to a likely February release, as Nintendo has had a lot of success with 3DS RPGs in that month.

Oh, well at least 8 is coming out this year.

Already bought and played a bunch of the JP release so I'll probably hold out for the digital sale.

Cool beans. How's the Vita port?

It's really quite good. There are some texture and lighting differences and some framerate dips but otherwise it's really solid and plays well on the platform.

Top Bottom