• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI logo (and Dragon Quest Monster Battle Scanner) leaked ahead of reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There seems to be a lot of images if you change the numbers. I got this from 1200:

3DawNTO.jpg

But I'm guessing this is from DQX?

http://www.dragonquest.jp/news/detail/1200/

I guess so

For some reason, I'm looking forward to what the games main cast will look like more than I am looking to how it'll play, look etc. Of the handful of DQ games I've actually played, I've always found the MCs to have really fun designs.

Is Akira Toriyama still doing all the designs? I know that's how it went in the past, but he seems to be going away from drawing as he gets older, since he even has a seperate artist for the new Dragonball series he's doing. That said though, a few designs for a video game probably isn't nearly as bad as writing an ongoing manga, so there's that

-MB-

Oh it was pretty pathetic. As was the FFXIII 360 reveal and Bayonetta 2. What doesn't help matters are the people who are happy with the platform choice and rub it in and try to antagonise those who miss out. They're just as juvenile.

And I hope those are swiftly dealt with as well, makes for much easier discussing about the actual game.

The old school gamer in me wants to try this, but honestly I could never get into DW/Q. Last one I played was 7 I think, and perhaps it was being spoiled by cutscene heavy RPGs that turned me away from Dragon Quest for so long. VII I remember playing for hours and the story felt like it just went no where, just random quest after random quest.

I'm a much different person when it comes to games, so I think I'll give this game a go.

Saphirax

Is the leaked title 3DS resolution due to the system it is for, or did someone use a 3DS to capture the leak? I have no idea where I'm going with this.

Unless DQXI is Xbox One exclusive I should own the system it is coming too. As long as the game is good I don't care what system it is being made for.

I'll make this easy on you guys :p.

1403.jpg

salromano

There seems to be a lot of images if you change the numbers. I got this from 1200:

3DawNTO.jpg

But I'm guessing this is from DQX?

All the lower numbers are old and the number of the image corresponds to the news post:

http://www.dragonquest.jp/news/detail/1200/

Therefore, the DQXI post will be located here:

http://www.dragonquest.jp/news/detail/1400/

Is the leaked title 3DS resolution due to the system it is for, or did someone use a 3DS to capture the leak? I have no idea where I'm going with this.

Unless DQXI is Xbox One exclusive I should own the system it is coming too. As long as the game is good I don't care what system it is being made for.

No. That's the size of every news post thumbnail on the website, which is what this is.

RPGamer92

Banned
I doubt Horii would say that stuff about wanting to play it on a big screen only for it to be on 3DS. I think we could see a spin-off on it though.

mclem

The low-res image makes the subtitle hard to read, but it looks like it says, “過ぎ去りし時を求めて,” or “In Search of Departed Time.”
Proust is that you?

I wondered if it might more directly translate as "Making up for lost time". Which would have a nice double-meaning.

Is it the colours that give you those vibes?

Also let's get this out of the way:

Should be on PS4
Lol 3DS sucks
Lol PS4 sucks
HOW ABOUT XBOX ONE? XD
Should be on PC
WHY NO VITA PORT?
It's NX guys!
Where's my DQ8 HD Remaster?!

Did I miss anything?
You forgot Wii U.
:)

Lulubop

Personally, I think it's really, really good, Great cast of characters and villains, well told adventure story of good vs evil.

Yea, I had it on my to read list ages ago but I just forgot about I guess. I wanted to make sure it was this specific one, because I'm sure they're a ton of DQ mangas out there.

mclem

The DQ1 influence is strong in the logo. Very intriguing.

3jllhYM.png

Here's where we find out Square have been taking initiative from Capcom's Mega Man 9 and 10, and it's actually a NES-styled game released on all platforms. Everyone wins!

Is Akira Toriyama still doing all the designs? I know that's how it went in the past, but he seems to be going away from drawing as he gets older, since he even has a seperate artist for the new Dragonball series he's doing. That said though, a few designs for a video game probably isn't nearly as bad as writing an ongoing manga, so there's that

Would be surprised if he didn't. He did all of the designs for the latest DQX expansion, DQ Heroes and some of the new mobile apps/games.

rpmurphy

Here's where we find out Square have been taking initiative from Capcom's Mega Man 9 and 10, and it's actually a NES-styled game released on all platforms. Everyone wins!
That would be quite the twist, and salty tears abound.

I like it.

I would probably prefer SNES-style Dragon Quest cause after this weekend I'm kinda tired of opening doors from a menu (been playing DQ4 Fami) but yeah I would way prefer both to another 3D game.

If they think the west doesn't want DQ games now then let them try that.

It's not going to happen.

Given their most recent DQ projects have been PS-based, I think it's safe to say that we're going to get the most technically advance DQ game ever. Not that that means much given the series, but it'll be nice to see something surpassing DQVIII.

That logo looks cool as hell.
For a second there, I thought it was going to have a In Search of Lost Time subtitle. Color me intrigued.

The platform thing is starting to get tiring. It will release on whatever it releases on, play it and be happy. There's nothing that hasn't been said 100 times now.

Yeah, you answered your own question there.

It's unlikely he'll ever return to doing manga full-time. It's a massive timesink.

RPGCrazied

Okay, now just where is it going to land. Surely PS4. I really hope this isn't another Breath of FIre VI all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom