• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI logo (and Dragon Quest Monster Battle Scanner) leaked ahead of reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there could be some sort of Dragon Quest III announcement coming as well as jpeg number 1395 is this:
1395.jpg

Whereas number 1400 is DQXI
FWIW, DQ3 mobile uses that FC picture as an icon, not the SFC one.

I'm trying very hard to not get my hopes up because anything DQIII related makes me giddy.

All joking aside, what's the general consensus regarding platform here? PS4 (and maybe 3) is the most likely I assume?
Consensus is my mom, so don't insult her plz.

Porcile

If that logo is anything to go by, it looks like we'll be questing for dragons in this new Dragon Quest. This is quite surprising.

AmyS

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I saw this one last night and forgot about it.

Yeah, wonder what that could be --- DQ3 mobile has been out for a while now. Maybe a sale?

Hope it's a sale at the very least. DQIII on iPhone is pretty steep ($9.99).

Doczu

All joking aside, what's the general consensus regarding platform here? PS4 (and maybe 3) is the most likely I assume?

Well Dragon Quest IX was also predicted to be on the PS3. Wii was a stretch, but no one in their right mind thought it would land on the DS. And it did.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I need a console ;)

There's three home consoles on the market and two portable ones. If you're willing to go second hand there's even more choice. Plenty for your console needs.

Or you could just open the PC system console.

massoluk

Banned

What concensus? It could very well be PS3. Hell, I can make a case for Wii U (still the best selling current gen system in Japan)

Apenheul

Even though they're going to reveal it tomorrow it's probably going to be such a long wait before the game actually comes out (and gets localized) that I'm considering playing DQ6 again, I never managed to finish that one.

I saw this one last night and forgot about it.

Yeah, wonder what that could be --- DQ3 mobile has been out for a while now. Maybe a sale?

in that interview that happened at the start of the month this was brought it

Square Enix announced a remake for Final Fantasy VII. What is the possibility we’ll see a similar large-scale remake for Dragon Quest games like Dragon Quest III?

Horii: “There isn’t anything planned at the moment, but there is a possibility for it in the future.”

Maybe a remake?

Piccoro

I would actually love that DQXI was multiplatform. As in PS4/PS3/WiiU/3DS/Vita/XBone. That way the DQ love could be spread out for everyone!

Also, all this DQ hype is making me feel like playing any DQ, but I'm limited because I just have DQVIII for the PS2. And I don't have a Japanese Wii nor a 3DS.
Are there any DQ's in the EU Wii/WiiU Virtual Console?

KiTA

Guys, we're missing the important question here.

In Search of Departed Time. In a theoretical localization, how are they going to turn that into an alliterative pun that will annoy at least 50% of everyone who reads it?

Edit:

Is DQ3 a good one?

DQ3 is considered the best JRPG of the NES era. It's a masterpiece.

I feel like DQH is coming westward off the popularity of Musou, not Dragon Quest. I'd love to be wrong though.

This was mentioned last month

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dragon-quest-heroes-localization-could-mean-more-d/1100-6428298/

When asked if Square Enix could bring more Dragon Quest games West if Heroes sold well, producer Ryota Aomi was optimistic. He also said developers plan to leverage the PS4's popularity to create more new Dragon Quest in their native Japan.

"We really are looking to expand on the series in a number of different ways, and we're not just looking to expand into North American but more in Asia as well," he said through a translator. "Using the PlayStation platform is one big way of doing that. So we'll look at how the game does and how that's working, and then maybe use that to think seriously about which of the previous Dragon Quest titles we want to bring out to other regions."

DNAbro

Verendus said all DQ games on PS consoles are coming over. It seems obvious they want to make sure the brand grows in the West.

Platform Nonsense and predictions

Should be a 3DS game based on userbase size and past series behavior. Is actually a PS4/PSV(maybe?)/PS3 game, a platform combination that will both fail to grow the userbase for SE's future PS4 exclusive games and fail to sell as much as a 3DS version. Plans for a Western release will be announced soon because SE is only chickenshit about localization when handhelds are involved.

This can only mean sprite based Dragon Quest XI! The king is back baby!

Honestly I wouldnt be surprised for 3DS but I am kinda tired of the 3DS and wish it was a more modern hardware.

Verendus said all DQ games on PS consoles are coming over. It seems obvious they want to make sure the brand grows in the West.

I wonder if it'll actually work this time. Enix tried hard in the late 80's/early 90's, Sony and SE tried hard in 2004, and Nintendo and SE tried even harder during most of the DS era.

I hope it works out for both Sony and SE. I love this franchise. I'm not overly confident DQ will ever be a big deal in the west or even a moderate deal.

sense

Should be a 3DS game based on userbase size and past series behavior. Is actually a PS4/PSV(maybe?)/PS3 game, a platform combination that will both fail to grow the userbase for SE's future PS4 exclusive games and fail to sell as much as a 3DS version. Plans for a Western release will be announced soon because SE is only chickenshit about localization when handhelds are involved.
Holy moly Cut back on the sodium content.

Fingers crossed that it's for the PS4 cause I want to see a mainline DQ in HD glory. Even if not, I'll still be happy to see a new mainline DQ.

SE can make DQXI for the 3DS to make a quick buck. However, risks are necessary, especially when they can lead to huge returns.

But vita is dead and won't get any major support and supposed to be discontinued by now is what I heard 2 years ago!!

Well, we all have to eat crow about some things.

It's still effectively dead outside Japan and not doing particularly well even there - there has been no miraculous turnaround, obviously, to the point that Sony didn't even bother issuing a forecast for the current FY - but clearly its ability to share a toolchain with PS4 and PS3 has proven more of an asset than I would have anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom