• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Opening and Gameplay, 2017 for PS4 and 3DS

Dark_castle

Just like DQX. Wouldn't surprise me if the battle systems are the same.

I watched a few clips of DQX's gameplay, there seems to be some screen turning effect before the combat begins, so it's not entirely seamless? Plus in DQX, you're controlling only your avatar, whereas XI is party-based. Hence, I don't think the combat will be totally same.

Is the battle picture the same one as the battle picture from days ago? Where it shows the battle menu and the targets?

Not same. If you can't find it, msg me, I'll link you.

jiggle

Ps4 battle screen looks hot
Doesn't look like there's room to roam at all unless it was just the camera in that specific shot

_Ryo_

Are yall talking about that Weekly Jump pic with the two party members and the two sabrecat enemies?

Looks completely turned based where you control each party member.

The menu says

FIGHT
STRATEGY
FLEE

The header of the battle system image says "Familiar Dragon Quest battle on 3DS and PS4" Also mentions "beautiful battle scenery and that there are familiar enemies on PS4"

Also it looks for the most part the story is the same across both 3DS and PS4, some differences in scenery/locations and costumes though.

btw, are we free to link official sources? there's some info up on Gematsu... if so, could I post the link?

Aeana

There's nothing in the new PS4 battle image that's different from the other PS4 battle image that's been available for a year. I'm starting to wonder if people are conflating "menu-driven" and "turn-based," when they're completely separate things.

It's completely impossible to tell from a screenshot if the game is turn-based or not.

Top Bottom