• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Release date announcement stream happening on April 11 [over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lol wut? They turned Heroes over in like nine months, but the flagship's gonna take over a year? Don't believe that.

For the record:

Dragon Quest Heroes II - 11 months till the English version came out
Dragon Quest Builders - 9 months till the English version came out
Dragon Quest Heroes - 8 months till the English version came out

I fully expect it'll come a year after the Japanese release due to the dialogue amount.

Didn't the CEO recently comment on how vital worldwide releases are in today's times?
that boy better not contradict himself so soon
besides , it doesn look like square has any major releases for this year in the west so far,
with 3 major games in the pipeline, which already seemingly puts either ff7 or kh3 or dq 11 for a 2019 release.
kh3 sounds like the likeliest candidate to me given nomura's last comments on it about going one world at a time and how theyre done with the starting world and all that...
ff7-1 will probably be midgar only and itll have multiple episodes so i doubt they wanna stretch it so far out that the console it was announced for isnt even in the current gen when it gets episode 1.coz they naturally have to put at least two more out on it.

that said , they did do something crazy to a less extent by releasing kh collections 3 months from each other so who knows

Some Nobody

Didn't the CEO recently comment on how vital worldwide releases are in today's times?
besides , it doesn look like square has any major releases for this year in the west so far,
with 3 major games in the pipeline, which already seemingly puts either ff7 or kh3 or dq 11 for a 2019 release.
kh3 sounds like the likeliest candidate to me given nomura's last comments on it about going one world at a time and how theyre done with the starting world and all that...
ff7-1 will probably be midgar only and itll have multiple episodes so i doubt they wanna stretch it so far out that the console it was announced for isnt even in the current gen when it gets episode 1.coz they naturally have to put at least two more out on it.

that said , they did do something crazy to a less extent by releasing kh collections 3 months from each other so who knows

This, plus a mainline DQ is just higher priority than a Heroes title. A thing I shouldn't have had to point out, really.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I worry a bit about this game basically having the asset overhead of three entire different titles(Pixel art, 3ds 3d and Ps4 3d) maybe compromising the game in unexpected ways but man am I excited.

Arkeband

Banned
I want them to announce it for September 30th and then actually release it in a finished state on that date, just to alpha dog the Final Fantasy team(s).

Yjynx

This, plus a mainline DQ is just higher priority than a Heroes title. A thing I shouldn't have had to point out, really.

I'm willing to bet for ww release or at the very least extremely close to each other.

Bitanator

Man I cannot wait for this, I pray I don't have to wait long for the English release. Weird we might get another DQ before KH 3

13ruce

Banned
As if 2017 can't get any better hehe. Man what a time to be alive with so much fantastic games in one year.

But yeah japan 2017 and rest early 2018 i think.

Velcro Fly

I've been dead set on the 3DS version this entire time but if all we get in the west is the PS4 version I'm taking it without so much as a complaint.

Tyaren

This isn't happening guys.

Why isn't this happening? :/ Square Enix is a big developer and publisher, they could easily do it. They did it with all their other bigger recent games too.
Also, at least for the PS4 Version, the biggest potential lies in the West with the vast majority of all PS4 owners.

Aeana

I worry a bit about this game basically having the asset overhead of three entire different titles(Pixel art, 3ds 3d and Ps4 3d) maybe compromising the game in unexpected ways but man am I excited.

The PS4 and 3DS versions are developed by two totally separate developers.

Elios83

I'm definetly not expecting a worldwide release because it's a series traditionally aimed at the japanese market with lots of text but it would be great to be positively surprised by Square Enix for once though :p

DKHF

I think the western release will happen in spring 2018. I wonder when they will announce the western release. Probably not E3 since that will be (most likely) before the JPN release but since it's a big mainline game with a PS4 version (PS4's audience being primarily in the west) maybe Square Enix will announce it then...

Totally fine with a 2018 western release. Just as long as we get some sort of confirmation it will actually happen. There's little doubt, but always nice to have confirmation.

Dargor

I'm not expecting this to hit simultaneously ww, though I wouldn't be surprised, but this ain't dropping in 2019 neither, thats 2 years from now...

Some Nobody

Why isn't this happening? :/ Square Enix is a big developer and publisher, they could easily do it. They did it with all their other bigger recent games too.
Also, at least for the PS4 Version, the biggest potential lies in the West with the vast majority of all PS4 owners.

To be clear: it's not happening, but it absolutely could. They're just choosing not to. FFXV hit worldwide simultaneously. Back in the day, FFXIII AND SO4 hit roughly around the same time period.

It's definitely a matter of if they think it's worth it, not a matter of capability.

KtSlime

It's complete speculation you guys are getting DQXI anyway. Nintendo has been publishing the mainline games in the west, and SE has not said anything about them doing it themselves this time.

*for the record I think they will, but doubt a world wide launch, when he said same day he clearly meant Final Fantasy.

Squire

Banned
It's complete speculation you guys are getting DQXI anyway. Nintendo has been publishing the mainline games in the west, and SE has not said anything about them doing it themselves this time.

*for the record I think they will, but doubt a world wide launch, when he said same day he clearly meant Final Fantasy.

It's not going to be a WW launch, but yeah, no chance a big budget PS4 game is staying in Japan. The only reason they've been localizing the spin-offs is to increase the series profile in preparation.

KyleCross

Dude, we got both Heroes and Builders.

There's no chance we're not getting XI.

Aeana

t1491886800z0.png

*stares*

Arkeband

Banned
For the record:

Dragon Quest Heroes II - 11 months till the English version came out
Dragon Quest Builders - 9 months till the English version came out
Dragon Quest Heroes - 8 months till the English version came out

I fully expect it'll come a year after the Japanese release due to the dialogue amount.

It makes sense to expect a year wait considering the last console mainline title was 8 and that took a year, and so did 9.

But at the same time PS4 is huge in the West, the titles you listed are spinoffs and they have more localization resources now than they did in DQ8's day.

So while a year delay would be acceptable, it wouldn't surprise me if it's closer to six months.

RPGCrazied

Worldwide release would be great, but not expecting that. Its 2017 though, they should be translating games during development at this point.

Philippo

Idk Matsuda just recently talked about how much WW release factored in FFXV sales, so i wouldn't be surprised if they start pushing for faster localizations for all their titles.

Still, this being a DQ title, i'd say 6 months is a reasonable expectation.

Idk Matsuda just recently talked about how much WW release factored in FFXV sales, so i wouldn't be surprised if they start pushing for faster localizations for all their titles.

Still, this being a DQ title, i'd say 6 months is a reasonable expectation.

And given how well Japanese games are performing as well as how much attention they've been getting in the west as of late, it'd be in their best interest to get it out here ASAP.

And given how well Japanese games are performing as well as how much attention they've been getting in the west as of late, it'd be in their best interest to get it out here ASAP.
And actually put alil effort to market it too. Expecting to see it at psx this year let's make it happen Sony/Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom